Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

Checked the last pages but no one mentioned this.

There is a bug that I didn't want PD to fix. Cars won't get stuck with the last exhaust tip you change it to. That means if I wanted to keep the stock exhaust (for good sound), but keep the racing exhaust tips (for looks) I can't do that anymore :( See you later trumpet exhaust in my VW 1200 and Samba Bus...

Hey, add this to the checklist:

Improved Motion Blur!

That black outline that appears when the camera moves too fast in replays is gone now, we can see more action on the screen again.

Hey, add this to the checklist:

Improved Motion Blur!

That black outline that appears when the camera moves too fast in replays is gone now, we can see more action on the screen again.
I actually liked that even though I knew it was wrong.

Has anyone noticed that they are losing their trophies? I just retried the 20 minute Apricot, running 4th and crossed the line not long after the count-down hit zero this pushing me into first place.

Even though I did not get the reward for 1st, I still had a gold trophy from earlier efforts. When I exited out, I noticed that the gold trophy was gone and replace with 4th.

I thought the time glitch was fixed.

Has anyone noticed that they are losing their trophies? I just retried the 20 minute Apricot, running 4th and crossed the line not long after the count-down hit zero this pushing me into first place.

Even though I did not get the reward for 1st, I still had a gold trophy from earlier efforts. When I exited out, I noticed that the gold trophy was gone and replace with 4th.

I thought the time glitch was fixed.

It was fixed, but you finished in 4th.

I was in 4th place, clock hit 0 just as I rounded the last corner. The game then jumped me from 4th to 1st, gave me the 4th place prize but took away my gold trophy that I had already earned from last week.

I take issue with this, PD have been around for a while right? So if you understand that delays can happen for whatever reason then why cant these guys understand that they shouldnt give us dates on when to expect things when they know problems could arise?

If the course creator was so near completion for release day then why will it be at least 2 months gone before we get it? My personal feeling is that Kaz was blowing smoke up our backsides to get us excited knowing that most of these features will not be out for months and months, If we have to wait 6 months to get all the promoted features then that isnt acceptable, Its no good saying that they put it up on their site a month before what would be out on day 1, Many people who read up on gt6 and planned on buying it may not have checked the internet to see if Kaz was suckering them in.

I have no idea how they handle things but to give you an idea of how these things can happen
Say I am developing a software that has a deadline and I really want to have a given feature in said software. I think I can make it in time but it turns out that will not be the case. At this point I have to consider shifting my resources to other things assuming there are other things to do and since I can't make the release window with that new feature it may get pushed back on the schedule behind some other things. I do not know if this is waht they have did but it would not be unusual if that were the case

I was in 4th place, clock hit 0 just as I rounded the last corner. The game then jumped me from 4th to 1st, gave me the 4th place prize but took away my gold trophy that I had already earned from last week.

Yes, you finished in 4th place, and wiped out your gold trophy. Do it again, but be in first when you cross the finish line.

I have not saw any trophies disappear as of yet always have gold in all events even though I have re ran several of them in weaker cars and came in out of 1st place, trophy has never changed on any of them

I have not saw any trophies disappear as of yet always have gold in all events even though I have re ran several of them in weaker cars and came in out of 1st place, trophy has never changed on any of them

If you get less than your previous result on a race it takes the latest result. If you keep coming first then it won't change. I think this has been since the 1.03 update.

If you get less than your previous result on a race it takes the latest result. If you keep coming first then it won't change. I think this has been since the 1.03 update.

Like I said I have yet to see one of them change. I have ran the Willow Springs race numerous times in a 500PP BTR and have yet to win it with that car, usually getting 2nd or 3rd each time with it yet my gold trophy is still there as is the case with every race in A-Spec mode, many of which I have re ran with a car that could not win but have yet to see the trophy change on any of them.

Oh and I have did this before the 1.03 update, after the update, after the next mini update and after the last mini update, have saw no changes

Like I said I have yet to see one of them change. I have ran the Willow Springs race numerous times in a 500PP BTR and have yet to win it with that car, usually getting 2nd or 3rd each time with it yet my gold trophy is still there as is the case with every race in A-Spec mode, many of which I have re ran with a car that could not win but have yet to see the trophy change on any of them.

Oh and I have did this before the 1.03 update, after the update, after the next mini update and after the last mini update, have saw no changes

Perhaps it only affects timed races then.

For me it was in 1.02 update and I was in a cup trying to get the who's laughing now? Trophy and when I finished the cup first place and then check out the races it tell me that I have 2 sliver trophy and one gold even I win those races for the first try before.
It dosen't always happen thought.

Edit: could be the reason why I have %101 complete instead of %102 (I am still at 1.02 update).

Last edited:
For me it was in 1.02 update and I was in a cup trying to get the who's laughing now? Trophy and when I finished the cup first place and then check out the races it tell me that I have 2 sliver trophy and one gold even I win those races for the first try before.
It dosen't always happen thought.

Thanks, I wasn't the only one to experience it then.

I just noticed that myself and I hope it's gone for good. That was the only thing I didn't like about the GT Academy demo. Looked absolutely awful to me.

I can't install the latest 1.03 update guys. Keeps saying "Please Wait" and then my PS3 beeps twice and shuts off.Anyone else having this problem? and how can it be resolved?EDIT: SOLVED

I can't install the latest 1.03 update guys. Keeps saying "Please Wait" and then my PS3 beeps twice and shuts off.Anyone else having this problem? and how can it be resolved?

From Gran-turismo.com

Last Updated: Jan 14, 2014
Known Issue About Update (1.03)
GT6 News
tweet
We have discovered an issue where some users may experience the following problem during the download of Update (1.03), released on 14 January.

Steps to reproduce:
When Gran Turismo 6 is launched while connected to PSN, a message will appear on screen informing the users that "the latest update data for this software has been found (Version 1.03)".

Once accepted (by pressing the X button while selecting [OK]), a “Please wait...” message will be displayed. After a few seconds, the PlayStation®3 system will emit 3 acoustic signals and restarts automatically.

At this point, some users may receive a message stating that the system was not shut down correctly last time. The system will ask then to perform a system file check and then the reboot is completed.

Users will be prompted again to download Update 1.03, whether they received the message in step 3 or not.

Procedure to avoid this issue:
To avoid this issue, please accept to download the Update by selecting [OK] within 2 seconds of its appearance on screen when prompted. This will update the game properly.

If you wait longer than 2 seconds, please decline the Update by pressing the Circle button when the message in step 1 is displayed, then select [Back] in the subsequent "Sign-In to PSN" screen. The game will start, quit the game using the PS button while in the [My Home] screen and follow the procedure described above.

Note:
In step 3 you may also receive a message “Report this problem to Sony Computer Entertainment?”. You can select either [Yes] or [No] to proceed.

We deeply apologise for the inconvenience this issue may have caused.

To avoid this issue, please accept to download the Update by selecting [OK] within 2 seconds of its appearance on screen when prompted.

We deeply apologise for the inconvenience this issue may have caused.

:lol: Well, don't worry PD. We're normally pretty fast at pushing buttons. (Or you could just fix it…)

When I push the clutch in, it goes to N. I think this is a step in the right direction for fixing the stupid shifter bugs - as long as it goes to N before you put it in gear, it should go into gear.
Haven't confirmed this yet.
yes, that is the usual way it should work. same as in gt5... :) what i mean is: you shift into a gear and drive in this gear but the game say shifter stand in N position.

Back