Update 1.03 (Released - January 14th)

Again, you are implying that something "should be done already" purely because you subjectively think so without having any real idea about how much time, effort or process is actually involved in making something done. So, you have no idea about something, but you insist on being right.

If somebody said to me that something can be finished in the next 64 days, I don't expect to still be waiting for such thing to be finished 117 days later.

Production of games is complex and highly demanding work that involves countless challenges and problems. More complex your game is, more issues are likely to happen. Someone can say something in the goodwill or with the position he was at some particular point of time, but the situation may change and some particular goal becomes postponed.

If you would ever have a chance to see how does a PS3 game code looks like - and especially how does a cross offline-online PS3 gamecode looks like - you would maybe have a better idea what it actually takes to develop and make functional the software of GT6 complexity.

Kas is a game developer, he knows that.
And he basically said "the track maker is so near completion, that we are trying to finish it in time for the launch of the game", creating, that way, the expectations to have that feature, either at launch, or in a short time after that date.

So, why he tried to create unreasonable expectations?

Quoting developers - any developer, not just PD - is useless.

That's the answer to my early question, developers are liars.
And that explains why Poyphony tried to convince us, that nobody in their organisation is controlling the messages they post in the game and looking for the odd typing mistake.

From what I have learned in past decades of my life regarding game development - and especially about game development of extremely complex games such as Gran Turismo 6 - gives me the grounds to say how I find the existence of various bugs and glitches "reasonable".

Also, you sound very childish with calls about "incompetence" or calling GT6 a "piece of crap". You have all rights to do so - everyone is free to have an opinion - but if you truly believe in aforementioned attributes, I have to tell you are either demanding the impossible, or living in the bubble where complex software lives without bugs or you are simply deliberately setting your expectations too high, assuring the foundations for disappointment.

So, in your opinion, to have low expectations about the quality of a game (or any product, not only games) is reasonable and to expect an developer (or any other supplier) to sell a high quality product is unreasonable.
Sorry, but I think that it is the wrong way.
As a example, imagine what would happen if the aviation industry (and their clients) decide to follow your standards.

Last edited:
So according to you Kaz should only say things when he fully knows it will be available, even though something called reality happens to throw monkey wrenches into people's plans from time to time?

So a surgeon is a liar if he said the heart transplant will happen on Monday but actually happened on Tuesday due to circumstances? You see Amar does not have low expectations, he is just real in his expectations. You on the other hand seem to think everything in gaming development goes perfectly without hitches, and even then they can be rectified quickly.

It doesn't.

Not even the F-22 Raptor had a perfect development.

Last edited:
If somebody said to me that something can be finished in the next 64 days, I don't expect to still be waiting for such thing to be finished 147 days later.
Honestly based on what was said in interviews and what was published on the GT site I did not expect to get the course maker before March at the earliest and would not be surprised if it is not until June.

Look at the list of things to be added via updates and look at where in the list the course maker falls.

It would appear based on the list and the interviews that the first major feature we will get will be the Community and/or club features and that was stated to be coming in January which is not over yet and it is safe to assume that the other stuff will come later.

Of course things can change, priorities can be shifted, bugs can cause a set back and such but to expect that you would have everything by now when they clearly stated you would not is just foolish.

Honestly based on what was said in interviews and what was published on the GT site I did not expect to get the course maker before March at the earliest and would not be surprised if it is not until June.

Look at the list of things to be added via updates and look at where in the list the course maker falls.

It would appear based on the list and the interviews that the first major feature we will get will be the Community and/or club features and that was stated to be coming in January which is not over yet and it is safe to assume that the other stuff will come later.

Of course things can change, priorities can be shifted, bugs can cause a set back and such but to expect that you would have everything by now when they clearly stated you would not is just foolish.

i'm ok with dlc & updates, but i was really surprised that community mode and course maker weren't available at launch.

it was only announced 4 days before release that there would be a delay.

Last edited:
So according to you Kaz should only say things when he fully knows it will be available, even though something called reality happens to throw monkey wrenches into people's plans from time to time?

So a surgeon is a liar if he said the heart transplant will happen on Monday but actually happened on Tuesday due to circumstances? You see Amar does not have low expectations, he is just real in his expectations. You on the other hand seem to think everything in gaming development goes perfectly without hitches, and even then they can be rectified quickly.

It doesn't.

Not even the F-22 Raptor had a perfect development.

lol no,
but when they delivered it is wasn't without all the missiles, with an explanation 4 days before hand..

they would have been in continued contact with their customer ..

just like with pes14 it's become all about day one sales..

Personally, the course maker seemed ambitious and revamped. There was no way that I'd have any expectations that it would come soon lol.

Most of us should be aware that this game is to be supported through frequent updates every month (about 12 months according to Kaz). What we receive and when we receive certain features are pure speculation. So far, they've been true. Had we receive all the major ones at this point, then what in the world would those other months give us?

Clarkson hammer drawer gif.gif

Have anyone kept file on everything that have changed in 1.03? like in a list or something. I just noticed that you can finally use l1 and r1 on both the wheel and the controller at the same time. :) That made me happy.

Quoting developers - any developer, not just PD - is useless. Production of games is complex and highly demanding work that involves countless challenges and problems. .
I take issue with this, PD have been around for a while right? So if you understand that delays can happen for whatever reason then why cant these guys understand that they shouldnt give us dates on when to expect things when they know problems could arise?

If the course creator was so near completion for release day then why will it be at least 2 months gone before we get it? My personal feeling is that Kaz was blowing smoke up our backsides to get us excited knowing that most of these features will not be out for months and months, If we have to wait 6 months to get all the promoted features then that isnt acceptable, Its no good saying that they put it up on their site a month before what would be out on day 1, Many people who read up on gt6 and planned on buying it may not have checked the internet to see if Kaz was suckering them in.

Are really so few people racing with multi monitor setups?

I pre-ordered three copies of GT6 the day pre-orders started early December as it was confirmed for the old PS3.

Yesterday was the first day, I gave GT6 a shot and installed it on all three systems and no multi monitor support :-(

I anticipated v1.03 would change this hopefully, … no it didn't.

There is so far no multi monitor support, making GT6 for now a big downgrade from GT5.

I actually like the tire model a lot better, but without proper vision, I will wait things out until multi monitor support is fixed.

Yep pre ordered four copies three for my rig and one my sons. Two still unopened. :/

It's ok, I've since started iRacing and not even sure I want to come back to GT. After being a loyal supporter since GT1. I feel cheated a little by GT6. I lack the knowledge to understand why triples are not being supported. To my mind it seemed they had it right with GT5 and would be simple implementation in GT6. Guess not.

Back