Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed the paint glitch of the Renault Megane Race Car. The black original parts remains black after the painting.

I just drove the Ferrari FXX for the first time since december, and I remember in december the rear view tv screens in the cockpit did not work, and I know this because a friend and I was online driving and we noticed this and we said they would add it in a "future update" later. So I wanted to do the willow springs 20 mile race and the first thing I noticed was the two tv screens now working. I don't know if it was 1.05 or an earlier update, but they did add this after the launch of GT6.

Is that Zoom from △ button on "forced replay" after offline race been there always?

Why Speedometer outer ring changes it color sometimes, usual after long brake from high speed?

Last edited:
Is that Zoom from △ button on "forced replay" after offline race been there always?

Why Speedometer outer ring changes it color sometimes, usual after long brake from high speed?

I did not know about zoom... 👍

Photomode quality is still horrible, even with the cropping glitch fixed.
27ce17c495719de7bb23f8d43e45e119.png

3378909f8495f39ebad53d0665372101.png

There's no excuse for this kind of quality in a game in 2014, when the game in 2010's was better.

Whats the problem with that ^?

The blur leaves a hard ghosting now, where as in GT5, it was a ton smoother.
2d408991ec7a373af4ebc83040433251.png

If you compare that to GT6's, the curb's red blurs and blends smoother, where GT6's still leaves a hard outline of what's being blurred.

More examples, the tree's shadow blur is hard, and leaves a red/blue color seperation,
b1dc07db785db35af9df7708ce22d0e1.png

and GT5's?

28fb0e7f7b541a8deb299cadddad2167.png

Smooth and no color seperation.

Look that video, it changes alone. No user input, I have changed color to that red/yellow on day 1.
I don't think what changed is the same thing you change the color on. I think that is a shiny outer bezel that changes according to light source or shadow. What you change is a thinner strip inside that. I haven't played in months now though so that could have changed. Zoom on auto replay only was in day 1 though.

BWX
I don't think what changed is the same thing you change the color on. I think that is a shiny outer bezel that changes according to light source or shadow. What you change is a thinner strip inside that. I haven't played in months now though so that could have changed. Zoom on auto replay only was in day 1 though.
First I thought lighting, but then it should change back on some place or somehow, but it's not changing back during that run/race.

First I thought lighting, but then it should change back on some place or somehow, but it's not changing back during that run/race.
The gas gauge ring also disappears as you enter a shadow. It isn't the rings that you choose the color on. I think it's just lighting.

If you compare that to GT6's, the curb's red blurs and blends smoother, where GT6's still leaves a hard outline of what's being blurred.

More examples, the tree's shadow blur is hard, and leaves a red/blue color seperation,

and GT5's?

So your saying that the harder outlines are worse than gt5's which (from that tree shadow pic) look like theyve been copied and pasted three times about 5 inches apart.

Try again

So your saying that the harder outlines are worse than gt5's which (from that tree shadow pic) look like theyve been copied and pasted three times about 5 inches apart.

Try again

Try again, they're not. You can tell the shadows are different textures, but that's not the point. The Point is, is that GT6's blur rendering is worse than GT5's, which for "Improved graphics" is stupid.

And Don't even get me started on the "Improved HDR", which doesn't exist.

Try again, they're not. You can tell the shadows are different textures, but that's not the point. The Point is, is that GT6's blur rendering is worse than GT5's, which for "Improved graphics" is stupid.

And Don't even get me started on the "Improved HDR", which doesn't exist.
GT6's blur is better in motion, though. Perhaps they could add an option as to which technique to use, but that's assuming they can swap them over in the pipeline (photomode uses a different setup anyway, so it might be possible).

Regarding the improved HDR, there is definitely an improvement to the range of colours and the dithering / compression in GT5 has gone in GT6. I think you might have been expecting something different here.

Fixed the paint glitch of the Renault Megane Race Car. The black original parts remains black after the painting.
Wait... what? Seriously? Can someone confirm this please? I'm away from my PS so can't check til later. That bugged the hell out of me!

Not sure if anyone has noted it, but before V1.05 the flagman who waved the checkered flag didn't exist in the replay/photomode... now he does with the action of him waving the flag at the end of the race.

Not sure if anyone has noted it, but before V1.05 the flagman who waved the checkered flag didn't exist in the replay/photomode... now he does with the action of him waving the flag at the end of the race.
That's not true, I made pictures with him in version 1.01.

Great to see "Drift" options in online rooms now. I was pleasantly surprised to experience a practice session and a following drift event. Should have been like that from day one. Better late than never though.

Mod can delete this comment as it is actually documented change. Haven't had my coffee this morning.

Great to see "Drift" options in online rooms now. I was pleasantly surprised to experience a practice session and a following drift event. Should have been like that from day one. Better late than never though.

Mod can delete this comment as it is actually documented change. Haven't had my coffee this morning.
Discussion is open...you can comment on any change you like.

That's not true, I made pictures with him in version 1.01.
Are you sure? I challenge that. He used to simply disappear on Ascari and Brands Hatch to note when going into photomode after the launch update. I kind of gave up trying after 1.02.. could've been after that... figured it was a lost cause.

Now I can, regardless it's little things like this that are wonderful.

Last edited:
Are you sure? I challenge that. He used to simply disappear on Ascari and Brands Hatch to note when going into photomode after the launch update. I kind of gave up trying after 1.02.. could've been after that... figured it was a lost cause.

Now I can, regardless it's little things like this that are wonderful.
Both taken December 17th 2013:
highspeedringayuxt.jpg

autumnringyju96.jpg

Just Autumn Ring and unsure of the top one? Either way, Maybe there was a light fix so he didn't disappear going into photomode on some tracks like Ascari and Brands Hatch. Who knows.

Top one is High Speed Ring. I also made similar pictures on other tracks, but didn't like the end results, so I deleted them. Not sure about Brands Hatch though.

and GT5's?

Shame, this will really effect my enjoyment of racing. PD needs to patch this ASAP. How can I race knowing someone is unhappy with an effect in a screenshot of a replay?

Screw fixing the camber, forget about how strangely road cars handle with racing tyres and the barrel rolls if you look at a curb the wrong way, these things only effect the racing which we all know is the least important part of any GT game. Please fix minor graphical issues which might annoy people when taking photos of other people actually playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back