Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you must have gotten the developers version :sly:

I've heard people say that it has to do with aftermarket hard drives, not sure I believe that though. My PS3 is completely stock, and I've had Bathurst lock up my PS3 where I was forced to hard shut down and prompted with a file system restore 4 times now. It's happening to a lot of other people too.
Same problems here too. Hasn't happened for a month or so (lock up) but the souund still cuts out for a second or two at least once a lap.

I have a question, did they change the pp requirements for the International B GT All-Stars Championship race? It's saying 650pp or less wwhen I could have swore it was 630pp or less before. I remember this because I wanted to race an all stock no oil changed Bugatti Veyron there, and I remember having to turn it down 9pp because a stock veyron is 639pp, I might be mistaking, can anyone verify, thanks.

I have a question, did they change the pp requirements for the International B GT All-Stars Championship race? It's saying 650pp or less wwhen I could have swore it was 630pp or less before. I remember this because I wanted to race an all stock no oil changed Bugatti Veyron there, and I remember having to turn it down 9pp because a stock veyron is 639pp, I might be mistaking, can anyone verify, thanks.

I remember it being 650PP before 1.05.

I noticed that its better too. But, when logging-in the first time of each day, the first lobby I try to join, I always get stuck with the loading screen. Then I have to quit the game (not PS3, only the game) and restart. After that it works fine.
I've gotten weird things like that and slowness from time to time and have fixed it by deleting the game data and reinstalling it. It does take a long while and many gigabytes but it does work.

@Sander 001, reinstalling really fixes many problems, but that's only telling at there is big problems on game code.
File open/read/write/close is not quite right, also noticed at if there is any other USB device than wheel (G27) connected to USB ports game suffers more audio problems, and screen tearing.

PD has optimised their code to skip some "irq-reads" to get more time on processing graphics etc.
USB read, HDD read/write, audio processing trying to skip some parts and resulting audio clipping/cutting if played on Dolby surround 5.1 or higher 'coz it's dropping Dolby header from audio stream and user hear "clicks" during it.

Just wild opinion, probably lot hitting to truth.

I would guess more on the hardware issue than software. Has anyone tried to disable music, see if there's any difference ?

@Ridox2JZGTE, running without music, deleted playlist like you, running 720p, nothing more to do. All possible jargon is switched off or deleted.

So not helping.

Are you running stereo or Dolby surround?

@Ridox2JZGTE, running without music, deleted playlist like you, running 720p, nothing more to do. All possible jargon is switched off or deleted.

So not helping.

I run dolby digital but usually I have a USB keyboard plugged in. Next time I'll unplug the keyboard at Bathurst and see what happens.

So not helping.

Sometimes at night HDMI Stereo, when I want loud volume, DTS 5.1 Small Theater. Also, this might be related, I am using wired controller - DS2 stick with USB adapter.

24000+km without a hitch :D

@Ridox2JZGTE, there might be the reason, stereo is not carrying channel coding on it, DTS is plain also, not so vulnerable as 5.1 Dolby surround which is carrying channel coding over stereo stream.

Bad coding of Dolby surround side on PD.

@Johnnypenso, had keyboard and Mic on USB thru USB hub, no more, tested on only keyboard and only Mic and still better without.

Last edited:
The only thing I use for sound is a TurtleBeach headset. I do not disable (menu) music, but I shouldn't have to. If the game allows for menu music, whether it's custom or not, it should have no affect on gameplay.

Just in case anyone is confused, I do not have music playing while I drive. Car and ambient sounds only.

The only thing I use for sound is a TurtleBeach headset. I do not disable (menu) music, but I shouldn't have to. If the game allows for menu music, whether it's custom or not, it should have no affect on gameplay.

Just in case anyone is confused, I do not have music playing while I drive. Car and ambient sounds only.

Did you just turn off the volume for music or delete the playlist ? The latter is better.

@Ridox2JZGTE, there might be the reason, stereo is not carrying channel coding on it, DTS is plain also, not so vulnerable as 5.1 Dolby surround which is carrying channel coding over stereo stream.

Bad coding of Dolby surround side on PD.

@Johnnypenso, had keyboard and Mic on USB thru USB hub, no more, tested on only keyboard and only Mic and still better without.

Unplugged the USB hub, sound cutting-off remains.
Changed from DTS to Dolby Digital, same thing.

I don't see how we can fix this problem.

But only if he didn't attach an aftermarket vertical stand...

Nope, it sits flat. However it does have the limited edition GT5 snap-on skin, so it has a custom livery. Guess that means I have to enter it in Forza races? IMPOSSIBRU!

Interesting read. I have been getting loud popping sounds through my stereo, tried HDMI, optical, DTS, 5.1,7.1, etc. No background music, or keyboard hooked up.

you can now choose weather to have your windscreen wipers on or off in the rain, just tried my beetle on autumn ring, and it is cool :)

you can now choose weather to have your windscreen wipers on or off in the rain, just tried my beetle on autumn ring, and it is cool :)
You could do that before the update. Sometimes you had to manually activate the wipers when rain starts.

Unplugged the USB hub, sound cutting-off remains.
Changed from DTS to Dolby Digital, same thing.

I don't see how we can fix this problem.
Yep, I have all manner of things connected via USB at different times, and I use optical out in either PCM stereo, DTS 5.1 or Dolby 5.1. I've not "properly" disabled my "custom music", either.

I've never had an in-race freeze (only network related issues in menus), only once had an engine sound fail to load for the duration of a race (RB Junior arcade race against GT cars at Ascari) and only once had the weird screaming engine glitch (M3 CSL replay at Matterhorn Rotenboden, initiated after an engine stall or two).

The popping I used to get when stalling or sometimes when colliding with scenery seems to be occurring far less often since one of the updates, too, and it was only as bad as it was in GT5 before that.

EDIT: wasn't there something about audio formats? Uncheck all formats except the two default (they're greyed out so can't be unchecked) in the relevant settings section. It lists things like 16 bit 44 kHz, 24 bit 96 kHz - numbers like that, anyway. They were added in a PS3 firmware update and broke network streaming of music over certain protocols (some weird transcoding latency issue). Somebody else reported getting better results from the game, in some respect, by disabling these options as well.

That would add weight to what OdeFinn is saying regarding PD poking the hardware in interesting ways, and I remember now thinking that PD might be waiting for a firmware update in order to be able to poke it a bit harder for the benefit of sound...

Last edited:
Yep, I have all manner of things connected via USB at different times, and I use optical out in either PCM stereo, DTS 5.1 or Dolby 5.1. I've not "properly" disabled my "custom music", either.

I've never had an in-race freeze (only network related issues in menus), only once had an engine sound fail to load for the duration of a race (RB Junior arcade race against GT cars at Ascari) and only once had the weird screaming engine glitch (M3 CSL replay at Matterhorn Rotenboden, initiated after an engine stall or two).

The popping I used to get when stalling or sometimes when colliding with scenery seems to be occurring far less often since one of the updates, too, and it was only as bad as it was in GT5 before that.

EDIT: wasn't there something about audio formats? Uncheck all formats except the two default (they're greyed out so can't be unchecked) in the relevant settings section. It lists things like 16 bit 44 kHz, 24 bit 96 kHz - numbers like that, anyway. They were added in a PS3 firmware update and broke network streaming of music over certain protocols (some weird transcoding latency issue). Somebody else reported getting better results from the game, in some respect, by disabling these options as well.

That would add weight to what OdeFinn is saying regarding PD poking the hardware in interesting ways, and I remember now thinking that PD might be waiting for a firmware update in order to be able to poke it a bit harder for the benefit of sound...

Confirmation bias is a wonderful thing, lets you prove anything. I know personally since I switched brands of coffee the engine sound cutting out has happened far less than it used to (this is genuinely true, it happened). Of course some idiot might say that it was just coincidence but what are the chances of that? I am not even sure why the word 'coincidence' exists because they never happen.

I haven't been following playing GT6 in about a good 3 months. Has the frame rate issues been slightly fixed due to the multi-monitor fix?

I haven't been following playing GT6 in about a good 3 months. Has the frame rate issues been slightly fixed due to the multi-monitor fix?

I understand your connection, something to do with visuals = something to do with other visuals... But the two are not connected. The framerate is the same as it always was.

This works, but now you are stuck with 2 channels of sound instead of 5. :/

Oh sorry :indiff: Tis is the first time ive noticed it!

It's okay.

This works, but now you are stuck with 2 channels of sound instead of 5. :/

Sorry, no, wrong menu. It's not the one for audio output, it's the one to do with music playback on the PS3 itself.

Like I said, there are lots of numbers like 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 96 kHz etc. (they're sampling frequencies), and only two options cannot be deselected - you deselect everything there (doing so fixed my audio streaming issues, and is a known fix for that).

The settings are to do with automatic resampling of audio streams from whatever they're stored / decoded as to match what you select in that menu, prior to the output stage (which may incur further processing, including more resampling). It affects things like multitasking in the XMB and streaming via network devices, and thus, quite possibly, internal audio formats for games, depending on how those games access the hardware / built-in audio functions.

Confirmation bias is a wonderful thing, lets you prove anything. I know personally since I switched brands of coffee the engine sound cutting out has happened far less than it used to (this is genuinely true, it happened). Of course some idiot might say that it was just coincidence but what are the chances of that? I am not even sure why the word 'coincidence' exists because they never happen.
What are you even talking about? I can't be bothered deciphering your sarcasm, I'd rather see if we can "fix" the issue outright, thank you.

Question deleted, answered on another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back