Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I logged in to drift a little after not playing the game for the last 2-3 weeks. I like to drift my Commodore SS -Saudi style- on stock suspension settings (except for Toe which I put to 0's). Of course in GT5 it was easy but in GT6 impossible. I have to tweak it a little for GT6, while trying to keep as close to stock as possible.

When I started my drifting, noticed that the suspension was kind of weird, or maybe because I haven't played for a while. So to determine if it was some kind of physics change or it was just me. I turned the suspension back to stock number's with Toe again at 0's. Wow, was amazed at how much better it drifted. At one point I drifted Saudi style (drifting/power sliding in a straight line) for about I'm guessing 2km's (was on route X). Now the car drift's way better. Then the lobby owner changed the room to Willow -twisty one-. It also felt better on the track and skid pad.

Of course this could be just that I came in with a new feeling for the physics after not playing for a while, or a change of some sort in physics has been made.

Odd that I never had it happen during thousands of hours of GT5 (or not that I noticed) yet I noticed it the very first day I had GT6 and still notice it almost every time I park a car on track. If I'm on tarmac it generally stays put, if I'm on dirt/sand/grass it wanders all over the place.
A very destorting "feature" indeed. Happens to me even on tarmac that the cars never stay put. And I hadn´t have this in GT5 at all, it definitely started with 6.
Not sure which update this was in but I noticed the clutch isnt just engaged or disengaged, you can ride the clutch with realistic results Haha.

Noticed on g27.
Yes, the clutch has been getting a lot better, I think it came with the 1.05 update. Unfortunately, the customizable transmission on standard cars still doesn´t let you use clutch and H-shifter.

Instead of the Car Search function they should have added a paint search function, with filters like manufacturers and paint type, it's a pain to cycle trough 1200+ cars to find the paints you want

So what's the Undocumented Change you are reporting?

@Johnnypenso - After someone saying that the clutch has been "fixed" & me getting fed up thinking it was just a case of The Emperor's New Clutch again, I decided to do some testing this afternoon, & can safely say that it has indeed been improved a little bit. Let me explain.

There is a lot more progressive slip when the clutch is being released now, so much so that driving cars without ABS which used to lock their wheels on downshifting, no longer happens (unless the downshifts are very early & aggressive). I was able to drive my Lotus Esprit V8 for the first time without ABS & without the wheels locking when shifting down. However, there is still no progressive clutch slip when pressing the clutch in, only when coming off it, & the age old problem of being thrown into neutral is still there. It's a small step forward, hopefully the first of many.

The clutch has been improved, but not "fixed".

Last edited:
VBR
@Johnnypenso - After someone saying that the clutch has been "fixed" & me getting fed up thinking it was just a case of The Emperors New Clutch again, I decided to do some testing this afternoon, & can safely say that it has indeed been improved a little bit. Let me explain.

There is a lot more progressive slip when the clutch is being released now, so much so that driving cars without ABS which used to lock their wheels on downshifting, no longer happens (unless the downshifts are very early & aggressive). I was able to drive my Lotus Esprit V8 for the first time without ABS & without the wheels locking when shifting down. However, there is still no progressive clutch slip when pressing the clutch in, only when coming off it, & the age old problem of being thrown into neutral is still there. It's a small step forward, hopefully the first of many.

The clutch has been improved, but not "fixed".

Interesting find. I thought the clutch was improved about a month before the 1.05 update, I noticed I could shift much more aggressively (both upshift and downshift) and I get neutral far less than I used to. I never made a thread about it because I didn't want to start another clutch thread. It does seem to be improved though. I will also say I haven't noticed any difference since the 1.05 update.

@LVracerGT - Maybe they did fix it before the main 1.05 update by including it in a hotfix. All I know is I can now drive my Esprit V8 without the rear wheels spinning out during downshifts when driving with no ABS. Not noticed any difference in the amount of miss-shifts I'm getting though.

Don't know if anyone has noticed but the Camaro Z28 coupe '97 and the Camaro SS '00 did not have Z28 and SS badging on the drivers side on both of these cars, 1.05 update now has the Z28 badging on the drivers side, but they did not update the SS for some reason, it's still missing.
This is incorrect. The Z28 badging was there long before 1.05.

At least you can take part in an OT discussion without locking an entire thread with no warning. @Famine
Or deleting a post because he does not like the post, like I said a mod with an attitude like that should not be a mod. Hmmm.... Question is who mods the mods? :)

At least you can take part in an OT discussion without locking an entire thread with no warning. @Famine
As I stated, it was locked for your protection since you were no longer capable of staying civil. You've now had a try at repeating the same argument by PM (during which you were unable to stay civil) and reporting me too - but since that's apparently not worked you appear to want to drag it back into public threads for some reason.

It's up to you whether you want to continue pushing it or not, but it's rather a wasted effort on my behalf to protect you from yourself if you don't want it.
Or deleting a post because he does not like the post, like I said a mod with an attitude like that should not be a mod. Hmmm.... Question is who mods the mods? :)
Front line: They moderate each other. All moderation decisions are logged - even post edits - and available for all staff to see.
Next line: I do.
Buck stops at: Jordan. See more in the GTPlanet FAQ.

Last edited:
If you both continue to attempt to grind your respective personal axes publicly by dragging them into unrelated topics, its not going to end well. I realise its part if the human condition to not like being told when you're in the wrong but to perpetuate things in this manner, in apparent attempts to illicit sympathy, shows a fundamental lack of good judgement and character. Word to the wise - cut your losses.

I have nothing to add to this list but I do want to say how ridiculous it is the forum still has to make these threads after each update, as has been the case since GT5. It's another example of poor communication from PD, how hard is it to keep a running log of the changes you make? Surely that's a basic part of a software developers workflow? If they are keeping track of all these changes, why is it not communicated to players in full?

I mean they can't even be bothered to tell us what the mini patches do.

The following change has been implemented:

- The content of the Dealership has been updated.

The following issue has been addressed:

- The vehicle dynamics for some four wheel drive cars has been corrected.

That is just laughable.

That's one area they must really improve, not a single word of anything new for Gran Turismo, only about GT Academy, but that doesn't relate to GT at all, just that Nismo use the game as a qualifier, and I think that's it...

Anybody else feel online is more stable? Have only had 1 disconnect since the update and lobbies remain full or near full for longer.

Anybody else feel online is more stable? Have only had 1 disconnect since the update and lobbies remain full or near full for longer.

yeah i've noticed that too... i've had 3 disconnects since 1.05, still not as consistent as GT5 yet.

yeah i've noticed that too... i've had 3 disconnects since 1.05, still not as consistent as GT5 yet.

That's saying something, because a lot of people would say GT5 wasn't stable. I still got DC'd quite a bit in GT5, way more than any of the other games I play online.

I've only done 1 race online since 1.05 which resulted in my PS3 completely locking up from Bathurst. This only happens when I'm online but others have reported it happens offline too so I can't say for sure the online caused it. It does mean 1.05 didn't fix the Bathurst problems though.

I've driven over 3900km at Bathurst both offfline ( arcade races, test drive ) and online ( mainly cruises and occasional street car races ) and not a single lock up or freezes requiring restart and I never have triple beep either. Currently about to go pass 24000km distance driven without a single hiccup :D

That's saying something, because a lot of people would say GT5 wasn't stable. I still got DC'd quite a bit in GT5, way more than any of the other games I play online.

I've only done 1 race online since 1.05 which resulted in my PS3 completely locking up from Bathurst. This only happens when I'm online but others have reported it happens offline too so I can't say for sure the online caused it. It does mean 1.05 didn't fix the Bathurst problems though.
GT5 certainly wasn't stable the first few months (perhaps even first year) of its release, but by the time 2012 came round, i could play online all day without getting a DC.

Yes, happening since Prologue to be more exact, over GT5 and now in GT6.

It is because low speed grip is a common problem with all driving models. The maths breaks down and has to be hacked. PD just doesn't seem to bother hiding/patching it much. I guess their reasoning would be that nobody has any business going <10 km in a GT game, but I wish they would pay as much attention to they physics models as their polygon models.

I noticed that its better too. But, when logging-in the first time of each day, the first lobby I try to join, I always get stuck with the loading screen. Then I have to quit the game (not PS3, only the game) and restart. After that it works fine.

I've driven over 3900km at Bathurst both offfline ( arcade races, test drive ) and online ( mainly cruises and occasional street car races ) and not a single lock up or freezes requiring restart and I never have triple beep either. Currently about to go pass 24000km distance driven without a single hiccup :D

Wow, you must have gotten the developers version :sly:

I've heard people say that it has to do with aftermarket hard drives, not sure I believe that though. My PS3 is completely stock, and I've had Bathurst lock up my PS3 where I was forced to hard shut down and prompted with a file system restore 4 times now. It's happening to a lot of other people too.

Wow, you must have gotten the developers version :sly:

I've heard people say that it has to do with aftermarket hard drives, not sure I believe that though. My PS3 is completely stock, and I've had Bathurst lock up my PS3 where I was forced to hard shut down and prompted with a file system restore 4 times now. It's happening to a lot of other people too.

:P I do have preorder Japan/Asian LE Edition 1st print, physically the disc is similar to MGS 4 1st print, gold layer with wavy pattern if that makes a difference :) I also have 500 GB Seagate HDD inside, and I play with sharpen on, 1080i or 720p, I disabled all music by deleting the playlist and turning off the music volume. I got random disconnect online at times, but that's about it :), oh also PS3 Slim 160GB that I bought new in June 2013, CECH3xxxx model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back