Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the leno tank car last week 'cause it said it had a detailed interior, but it's the same crappy one as gt5...

Not sure If this belongs here, but I already found a coding mistake on the new car search funciton. Cars which dont have year release (a lot of them, about 70-75...) appear in any case, they appeared when I searched for the old cars (1940-1950).

^ Uncheck the "show cars without the year" box.

I didn't found any updated cars. The "Dealership was updated" notification now looks so confusing.

Last edited:
I just checked, the formula gt is unchanged from a few weeks ago.
You could always see the interiors with open top/open wheel type cars, but only some of them have functional gauges and such. they've changed the description that's all, still no gallery view or working dials.
You people are just making stuff up... :)

Not sure If this belongs here, but I already found a coding mistake on the new car search funciton. Cars which dont have year release (a lot of them, about 70-75...) appear in any case, they appeared when I searched for the old cars (1940-1950).

I didn't mess around with the search at all, is there an option to bring up JUST the cars with no release year?

Bumper cam style gauges with interior view on simplified interior cars instead of chase cam style gauges,
if that makes sense.

They finally changed that ? Like it was in GT5 ? Nice with the new customised Gauges it will be much much better for standard cars :)

So can the ninja updates be averted? So when I go on, I decline, then buy the car, quit the game and ninja update?

Bumper cam style gauges with interior view on simplified interior cars instead of chase cam style gauges,
if that makes sense.
Yes, that's a good change.
Still no visible hoods/car exteriors on Standard cars with the interior view, though. That really bugs me off.
Also, on some tracks (Willow Springs) the outside view from interior view is still too dark compared to other views (bumper cam).

They've definitely fixed the split time bug when in practice mode online. However now you can only see your best time in the top right hand corner and not that of the entire lobby however the split times are still against the best lap in the room. Also your times get erased completely each time you exit the track and the split times will change to being set against the best lap from those still on the track.

The same in offline. Each time you reset, the best lap resets to --:--.---, but the best lap ghost remains as do the split differences to it.

The 'engine start' recorded sound effect plays when you select a different car in online mode.

Yes, that's a good change.
Still no visible hoods/car exteriors on Standard cars with the interior view, though. That really bugs me off.
Also, on some tracks (Willow Springs) the outside view from interior view is still too dark compared to other views (bumper cam).

What they've done with cockpit mode is make it view things like the human eye does. Therefore you don't get the blown out highlights you see in other views of white clouds on a sunny day for example. Our eyes see greater levels of light than cameras. The non cockpit view modes simulate more how a camera sees things. Sorry for those who've read this from me before in a couple of other threads. Depends on the track. I do agree that the interiors are too dark in some cars though.

It reduces grip, that is all it seemingly does to the physics. Touring cars should be running 3-7 degrees of camber but try that in GT6 and your lap times will really suffer.

Thanks

So can the ninja updates be averted? So when I go on, I decline, then buy the car, quit the game and ninja update?

I wasn't sure that you can actually decline the ninja updates?, so to be on the safe side, once 1.05 had downloaded and installed, and the game was restarting, I turned the console off and on, disable the network connection, went into the game, bought the Frozen Black M4 (twice actually :D), then logged back on and let it download the ninja updates.

Is it me or did the C12 Pagani get updated?

8XqOICu.png

That is the updated one.

What they've done with cockpit mode is make it view things like the human eye does. Therefore you don't get the blown out highlights you see in other views of white clouds on a sunny day for example. Our eyes see greater levels of light than cameras. The non cockpit view modes simulate more how a camera sees things. Sorry for those who've read this from me before in a couple of other threads. Depends on the track. I do agree that the interiors are too dark in some cars though.
I was about to write a detailed reply, but I have a simpler argument against this feature: it's inconsistent, therefore wrong in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back