Update 1.05 Undocumented Changes in OP - Discussion now open

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT- Forgot to mention that Arcade Races no longer put mileage on you cars.
I don't pay attention to this stuff so I can't confirm it personally...are we sure this wasn't already the case before the update?

Can someone confirm or expand on what has happened to driving offroad after the patch? Some posts seem to say it's better, some say TC is still on.
Off road is possible certainly at Big Willow without being limited to 20 mph. Jumps etc all possible again. However, at tracks with sand traps the slowdown to 20mph max still occurs but not when on grass. This was at least the case at Motegi and Brands Hatch. Best of both worlds now. I will test other tracks.

Also Tested:
Autumn Ring
Streets of Willow

Have to say the competetive online Drift option is great fun (even though I'm hopeless at it.

Last edited:
I don't pay attention to this stuff so I can't confirm it personally...are we sure this wasn't already the case before the update?

Arcade time trial definitely put mileage on, I never checked during an arcade race though.

It was like that before the patch. I think even from the very beginning.
So Arcade races never put mileage on the car and that hasn't changed if I read this correctly?

There's no true confirmation yet that new Standard cars actually have been updated in the latest update (1.05).
I really think this patch was so underwhelming that people are seeing changes where there haven't been any.
that is possible, but it's also possible that those improvements were indeed true :D

Arcade mode time trials definitely did not put mileage on your car before this update either.

Didn't see this posted: When tuning your car online, it now shows which tires are restricted. Before it only did this in the single player campaign.

The ST205 has the Tokyo R246 logo when racing there, as well as probably the 2008 WRCars and Group B Quattro. New behavior or not? :confused:

(Previously, the only car that has the Rally Tokyo R246 was the Xsara Rally Car '99, and even that it is permanent since it is a standard car ;))

Untrue. If you turn them off for the spectating, they'll remain off when you enter the race too.

You are very much mistaken! I just tested this, & can confirm that the PSN driver names that hover above the cars of other players are still there when you are racing. The drivers list which is located to the right of the screen can be turned off, but this has always been the case.

VBR
You are very much mistaken! I just tested this, & can confirm that the PSN driver names that hover above the cars of other players are still there when you are racing. The drivers list which is located to the right of the screen can be turned off, but this has always been the case.
And I just tried it twice and it worked both times!
The thing is that you have to go into spectating each time and toggle it on/off to get it to work for every new lobby you enter because it doesn't remember your setting. But once you do, go back and enter the track and all names above cars will be gone.

Last edited:
VBR
This is only when watching replays of online races, or when watching live online races. There is still no option to turn them off when racing online. :ouch:
I entered a Free Run Lobby and indeed, if you turn off the names in the spectating menu, it remains off while on track. Don't know if the settings carry over from lobby to lobby or even race to race though.

EDIT: Tree'd above on the carry over part.

Reactions: VBR
Well, I can report an as of yet undocumented bug: In the garage main screen, the current car, regardless of type and quality level, is positively vibrating! It's not obvious on all cars, but it is easy to see with the LCC Rocket, for instance.

And I just tried it twice and it worked each time!
The thing is that you have to go into spectating each time and toggle it on/off to get it to work for every new lobby you enter because it doesn't remember your setting. But once you do, go back and enter the race and all names above cars will be gone.
I entered a Free Run Lobby and indeed, if you turn off the names in the spectating menu, it remains off while on track. Don't know if the settings carry over from lobby to lobby or even race to race though.

EDIT: Tree'd above on the carry over part.

AH I SEE! That's a bit of a stupid way to turn it off :dunce:, should be in a global menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back