Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

There's definately a slight change to the grip level. I can take corners a km/hr or five faster than I could on 1.05 -- using the same tune/car. This is online. I don't race offline enough to comment.

Last edited:
BWX
No one tested if camber makes a difference now, in the correct way? As in higher cornering speeds, no lower?

All this BS in this thread and I didn't see one thing about this major physics bug mentioned once. I guess I could have missed it, skimming over the nonsense/off topic.

I mentioned it here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-also-listed-in-op.306554/page-5#post-9538035

Although not a very scientific test or very in depth by any means, it was just a simple observation I made. With me being pretty much a dumbass and not really having a clue, feel free to just dismiss it as placebo if you like....just though I'd give my observations. Better to leave it up to the tuning pros to make any conclusions. 👍

Something has definitely changed within the physics engine. I don't know what they did but all the cars I've driven since the update are more stable. The Lancia Stratos used to be a right terror, now driving it round the 'Ring is actually fun. They seem to have toned down the sporadic twitchiness of the chassis(*). Maybe tires, or dampers, or changes to the steering?

I've been using DS3(stick) and ABS 1. I wonder if the change is the same for both wheel and pad users?

* The car would be understeering, slow to react, then violently oversteer

Something has definitely changed within the physics engine. I don't know what they did but all the cars I've driven since the update are more stable. The Lancia Stratos used to be a right terror, now driving it round the 'Ring is actually fun. They seem to have toned down the sporadic twitchiness of the chassis(*). Maybe tires, or dampers, or changes to the steering?

I've been using DS3(stick) and ABS 1. I wonder if the change is the same for both wheel and pad users?

* The car would be understeering, slow to react, then violently oversteer

This is where i noticed it too. I do 99.5% of my racing on the 'ring and I am fairly consistent (usually within 1-2 seconds are my lap times for a given car/tune). A couple of laps into 1.06 and I see I'm about 1-2 seconds quicker at 500pp. I doubt I got faster over night.

I notice slighly faster cornering speeds. I am not sure whether that can be attributed to improved stability like you say or increased grip or what.. I'll have to try the RR Rufs to see how they behave.

Last edited:
In single race replay photo mode and probably all photo modes, the Camera Menu options like aspect ratio and panning mode are maintained during the session. Previously you had to reset the aspect ratio and other settings for every new shot. Nice fix!

I have to confess I did not believe this at first and had to check for myself and it's true:banghead::yuck::mad:. If you open a room with tuning prohibited, you can no longer use the engine limiter to reduce your PP even by 1 to fit your car into the regulations. On top of that, if you change the room back to unlimited tuning, the engine limiter function remains disabled.:banghead::banghead:

What car did you test this with?

Can anybody else confirm this?

Kind of important to me as our entire championship is based around using one-make cars and applying PP handicaps after each race.

Last edited:
No tantrum, just wanted to be sure everyone saw that I said I could have missed it in the first place.

The alpha particle effects are lower-res now in-game, you can see jaggies around the car again. But it doesn't affect photomode and gives us better framerate, so it's a good improvement. Fair trade.

nrburgringnordschleif78u5v.jpg

MGR
What car did you test this with?

Can anybody else confirm this?

Kind of important to me as our entire championship is based around using one-make cars and applying PP handicaps after each race.
BRZ and Suzuki Swift IIRC.

Can anyone confirm the last couple of things I mentioned HERE

@Johnnypenso, you forgot my post. My explanation is not the best of what I found but I did take a picture to help what I said.
I thought it was pretty much covered in the documented changes:

Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.

I am not sure on this, but it seems that the sounds have improved. I do not say that they updated engine sounds, but the overall sound volume seems to be more balanced and the engines of some cars seems to have a little bit more "ooomph" in it!
I hear it too. In my honda nsx gt500 stealth model. The engine has more of a "growl" if that makes sense. It does sound more balanced. Maybe less tire squeel?

Regarding Seasonal Event poster layout, that poster type is only used on special events that has a real life use to the top record placer. BMW Z4 Challenge has done this too. FT-1 Seasonal poster is unique because of the model's debut to the NY Auto Show, also the top record placer will have their run saved and used by Toyota/PD.

I'm going to chime in here and say THE PHYSICS HAVE CHANGED FOR THE WORST
I just drove in single player race on the Ring, Stock Impreza STI all aids off, ABS set to 0, CSR-E with modded H-Shifter
On certain parts of the ring when you get air born, landing usually needs some quick wheel input to stabilize the car but now it's just way to stable. I did four laps and every time I made a mistake it was just too easy to correct, It was so bad, I had to check my settings again just to make sure I didn't have Traction or Active steering accidentally turned on.

Practice "sector time" behavior change:
Before 1.06, when doing practice laps in a lobby after a race finished, your sector time was compared to previous runs, but there were a lot of bugs in the display (showing things like "99-99:99:99").
Now with 1.06, the sector time are no longer compared to previous race/practice - only after a new "Overall time" is displayed the sector times are compared.

i don't know if this was already in previous updates, but i noticed that in the car showroom when you select a car in the dealership, the reflections on the floor of the showroom are blurred. it's kinda nice actually

There's definately a slight change to the grip level. I can take corners a km/hr or five faster than I could on 1.05 -- using the same tune/car. This is online. I don't race offline enough to comment.

Nope. No changes. It's a placebo.

• Various anecdotal reports of smoke and water spray being more pixellated after the update.
i don't agree, the smoke looks the same of ever...

Last edited:
@Johnnypenso

I posted this back on page 3:

When online, press pause, and go into the Quick Options menu, Ghost Display has been added, and you can change between Semi-Transparent, and Line for how you view your Ghost.

You can also change your 3D settings right at the very bottom of the Quick Options Menu

Back