Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

In regards to the physics. The cars I tested seem to corner better, more grip in and out of corners. Camber seems to have more of a negative effect, at least on the few cars I've tested. 0 camber in front and 1.5 in the rear made the car loose, or looser than before. 1.5 in the front and 0 in the rear seemed to tighten up the car. 1.5 both front and back seemed to make the car have really good grip in the corners but lap times suffered drastically. Just my findings on my less than scientific testing. :)

I got a new tv so that probably explains this. I noticed the tire wear bars are broken into quarter segments rather than one solid bar.

My lap time with some of my replica and 450PP tune like J's Fit Turbo are similar like they were in 1.05. I do feel more responsive chassis to steering input, and damper + spring more reactive. I was building SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Camaro GT3 replica, and noticed that damper and ARB now gives significant effect than ever :)

I just did 24m Le Mans, which I do daily for the distance trophy, and the spray from surface water looks very pixelated. It doesn't appear in photos but when driving it is horrendous.

Also, Data Logger has crashed my PS3 twice now. It get about 10% through the data extraction bar then stops.

Just to prove that some of the paints have changed, here is the GT POLARIZED 001-P, before and after patch:

Before:
FIT RS '10 - 002.jpg

After (same everything apart from the time is lest than a second out):
Gran Turismo Arena (Layout A).jpg

Its weird because I always thought it was there. I must be tripping. Just looked it up and it seems I'm wrong. My post is now invalid.
Opel Design department works very closely with the Buick counterpart as part of their joint venture. That said, I think the image of the GM-Design VisionGT car has so much of the Riviera Concept, it could well be a Buick. Then again, the most likely they all teamed up for their VisionGT concept so there´s just as much of Opel in it, as it´s Cadillac or Chevrolet etc. Otherwise there would probably be distinctive "GT-Visions" by each GM brand.

Not sure, but I believe the only thing new in the Vision GT section are the three placeholder spots at the bottom. Unfortunately, there is still no image of a Lamborghini.

Another thing: has anyone been able to check if the clutch and H-shift works/still doesn´t work on cars with fully customizable transmission (mostly affecting standards but some premiums aswell)?

On seasonals, you've always been able to turn off ghosts. On mine I have set 'Up arrow' to toggle them, but I'm not sure if that's the default button. But you can definitely do it since 1.0.

Thats a different feature, this option allows you to change your ghost to a line

The smoke/spray effects have DEFINITELY changed. It seems that some sort of grid-like pattern has been added, where mostly the vertical lines stand out. It looks pretty awful, but if that's what it takes to get a more stable fps..
I don't know.. it seems that an option to crank the smoke/spray effects from 0 to 11 (11 being the rocketship level that currently goes on) would more capably suit the needs of most players in this regard.

Also, is the data-logger only good for 'Best Lap' replay's instead of any sort of race replay? And where can you make Best Lap replays? Time trials or online qualifying?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Online prohibited tune, you cant reduce the power any more to fit PP. Slider moves but does nothing.
Edit: might have been the kind of car I tried, works on other car. USed Toyota FT and Corvette.
I have to confess I did not believe this at first and had to check for myself and it's true:banghead::yuck::mad:. If you open a room with tuning prohibited, you can no longer use the engine limiter to reduce your PP even by 1 to fit your car into the regulations. On top of that, if you change the room back to unlimited tuning, the engine limiter function remains disabled.:banghead::banghead:

I have to confess I did not believe this at first and had to check for myself and it's true:banghead::yuck::mad:. If you open a room with tuning prohibited, you can no longer use the engine limiter to reduce your PP even by 1 to fit your car into the regulations. On top of that, if you change the room back to unlimited tuning, the engine limiter function remains disabled.:banghead::banghead:

This is where the "craftsman" philosophy Kaz mentioned as being a value for his team probably takes its toll. Its fine to have one single person modeling a car alone, but for this kind of regulations/verification interface, I can only imagine they dont integrate well as team, dont cross check changes or track history logs as a whole. A guy must think: let me improve this by doing X, and proceeds to screw something that was working in the first place.

No one tested if camber makes a difference now, in the correct way? As in higher cornering speeds, no lower?

All this in this thread and I didn't see one thing about this major physics bug mentioned once. I guess I could have missed it, skimming over the off topic.

Last edited:
BWX
No one tested if camber makes a difference now, in the correct way? As in higher cornering speeds, no lower?

All this BS in this thread and I didn't see one thing about this major physics bug mentioned once. I guess I could have missed it, skimming over the nonsense/off topic.

On this very same page CargoRatt posted about it:

In regards to the physics. The cars I tested seem to corner better, more grip in and out of corners. Camber seems to have more of a negative effect, at least on the few cars I've tested. 0 camber in front and 1.5 in the rear made the car loose, or looser than before. 1.5 in the front and 0 in the rear seemed to tighten up the car. 1.5 both front and back seemed to make the car have really good grip in the corners but lap times suffered drastically. Just my findings on my less than scientific testing. :)

I'll be giving it a go later BWX if you want more assurance.

BWX

All this BS in this thread and I didn't see one thing about this major physics bug mentioned once. I guess I could have missed it, skimming over the nonsense/off topic.
This was mentioned and it's also not something that's going to be definitively proven in less than 24 hours, so relax and we'll find out soon enough. If there are any changes to camber or handling, I'm sure it'll come up in the Tuning Forum as well.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back