Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

I'm not sure if this is related to GT6 or 1.06, but it's only happened since 1.06. I use a wheel, and on GT6 my controller has always defaulted to Controller 2 (even though it's plugged into a hub in port 1). If I wanted to navigate the menus with the controller if have to hit the PS button and reassign it to Controller 1. Since 1.06 it now works without having to reassign it, defaults to Controller 1. This doesn't seem like something a game update would change, but my controller arrangement has not changed. :odd:

I wish that happened for me, I have to reassign it to controller 1 after the patch.

I wish that happened for me, I have to reassign it to controller 1 after the patch.

So I'm not crazy, something did change. And it happened the opposite for you as it did for me. :odd: Is your controller plugged into port 1 or 2? Which is your wheel plugged into?

Wheel in port 1, controller is port 2 but it goes thru a usb hub where I also have some memory sticks and keyboard. My controller always defaults to controller 2 and I always have to change it to controller 1 even after the patch.

Wheel in port 1, controller is port 2 but it goes thru a usb hub where I also have some memory sticks and keyboard. My controller always defaults to controller 2 and I always have to change it to controller 1 even after the patch.

Ahh. That's because it's in port 2. Mine is in a hub connected to port 1 along with the wheel and in GT5 it would always assign as Controller 1 but it never had in GT6 until 1.06. Now it defaults to Controller 1 as it should. Strange that a game update changed this though.

Ahh. That's because it's in port 2. Mine is in a hub connected to port 1 along with the wheel and in GT5 it would always assign as Controller 1 but it never had in GT6 until 1.06. Now it defaults to Controller 1 as it should. Strange that a game update changed this though.

Could be a firmware alignment in the game system that now the game itself recognizes the USB hub and accordingly assigns controllers according to their USB position.

I know that my controller would default to port 2 is I power the PS3 up without powering up the controller and having the Wheel connected. Usually it stays on port 1 even with the wheel attached as long as the controller is used to power up the system it defaults to controller position 1. I have never used a hub but I think that might have been the game not recognizing the USB hub as an HID compliant device but seems it's fixed yes?

If I power up the system using the controller wirelessly, without the wheel attached, it assumes position 1.

If I power up the system using the controller wirelessly, WITH the wheel attached, the controller assumes position 2.

Is this the expected behavior? I'm certified PS3 clueless. :dunce:

I use a T500 with DS3.
Since GT5-
If I started up GT5, and (GT6 since launch) with T500 connected to PS3, powered up, and calibrated...
...once in-game, I have always had to manually re-assign the DS3 BT synced controller as 1.

I use a T500 with DS3.
Since GT5-
If I started up GT5, and (GT6 since launch) with T500 connected to PS3, powered up, and calibrated...
...once in-game, I have always had to manually re-assign the DS3 BT synced controller as 1.
Identical behaviour here, also T500.
Did it change after 1.06 ? Have to check that...
T500 plugged in to 2, while a memory stick is permanent in usb1.

Identical behaviour here, also T500.
Did it change after 1.06 ? Have to check that...
T500 plugged in to 2, while a memory stick is permanent in usb1.

No change here post-1.06, PS3 Slim.
Always BT for DS3 cuz I plug TH8 RS into the 2nd USB port.
I use no USB hub, have to unplug TH8 RS when backing up to USB.

Last edited:
I have a copy of GT6 on disc so when i have some time i'll test it without 1.06 to compare

Great plan. Compare 1.06 with 1.05 by comparing 1.06 with 1.0.

Aside from how absurd that is, you are still running into the exact same problem. You know both versions are different so it is quite possible, even likely you will notice differences that are not real. Of course you may notice real differences, but as I have to keep saying, noticing something does not make it real.

Could be a firmware alignment in the game system that now the game itself recognizes the USB hub and accordingly assigns controllers according to their USB position.

I know that my controller would default to port 2 is I power the PS3 up without powering up the controller and having the Wheel connected. Usually it stays on port 1 even with the wheel attached as long as the controller is used to power up the system it defaults to controller position 1. I have never used a hub but I think that might have been the game not recognizing the USB hub as an HID compliant device but seems it's fixed yes?

You're probably right. I always start the console with the controller and use it to navigate the XMB and start the game but then I'd have to reassign it once the game started. It's nice that I don't have to do that now. 👍

I would not look at jump distance as the exit speed was different. I have recorded few lamps with 1.05 so I can compare it in the future.

Check how high&long jump is on 1.05 and how it goes shorter on 1.06.. Gravity... :)
Problem with the video is the launch times aren't synced:

Windsor-20140411-01981.jpg

It's not synced because it wasn't important, landing was synced but there was a different speed at the start line. I have few laps recorded with 1.05 as fast as i could but I don't know if there is any reason to check physics based on that.

I use a T500 with DS3.
Since GT5-

Really gotta get back home and start racing with you again!
I bought a PS4 and I've been a little spoiled by it so I left my PS3 back at home with my rig so whenever I come back home for the summer I'll have to hit you up to do some hot laps!

Is your car tuned or stock? If it's tuned then it might negate any changes made to the base physics/suspension/tire model. I only drive cars stock and there's no doubt to me that at least the Ferrari MR's are different/better. Haven't tested any other makes, maybe it doesn't apply to all cars equally.

My car setup is pretty advanced by now, since I'm in the middle of the championship. But in fact it does not matter, because I almost didn't change it after the update. To be precise, I just changed one of LSD setting by 1 point and gain 3 tenths from it. I'm just saying that I'm running the same car, with the same tire, same setup, same track, recording the same times after the update. So I don't believe that the update changed the physics, at least in respect of the car, track and assistances that i've mentioned. So I don't believe that the update changed the physics, at least in respect of the car, track, driving without assists and online.

My car setup is pretty advanced by now, since I'm in the middle of the championship. But in fact it does not matter, because I almost didn't change it after the update. To be precise, I just changed one of LSD setting by 1 point and gain 3 tenths from it. I'm just saying that I'm running the same car, with the same tire, same setup, same track, recording the same times after the update. So I don't believe that the update changed the physics, at least in respect of the car, track and assistances that i've mentioned. So I don't believe that the update changed the physics, at least in respect of the car, track, driving without assists and online.

Different physics doesn't necessarily mean different lap times. I'm getting the same basic lap times but I have an easier time entering and exiting the turns and keeping the pointy end forward. All I know is I can drive my Ferrari's much more consistently and confidently since 1.06, but not necessarily faster. Still a positive in my book. 👍

1 change is my ps3 has started crashing after 1.06 , two times now both while exiting seasonal events
& then 3beep shutdown for ps3 even thou the second time i just quit the game
never ever had this much problem with a game , custom wings was not worth wrecking the ps3

Need a better description. I have no idea what the issue was to begin with, nor how it was fixed.
Before the update, when you painted the BM, the entire car was painted, including the aero parts, which are Black on the pre-colored version. Now in 1.06, the car doesn't paint the aero parts and they remain black.

the new smoke is the most ugly thing for drifters..
Blame the fps guys. :D

I was happy with the gameplay performance beforehand, but now I don't like the pixelation in the dirt and smoke like it is now. I'll live with it though. Unfortunately, the SIM racers of a Driving Simulator prefer a better frame-rate performance. Not to put them down, but isn't this Game mostly played by casuals or people who don't care for competition? I'm just saying, PD gave you what you want. But it wasn't for the "greater" good since this is a Driving Simulator (in which me and a whole lot of other people like to drift and slide in.)

And sure, competition isn't the blame, but the PS3 is. They had to sacrifice one thing for another.

Give/(sell) us Seattle and we'll be happy, right? What happened with the DLC packs?

Last edited:
Blame the fps guys. :D

I was happy with the gameplay performance beforehand, but now I don't like the pixelation in the dirt and smoke like it is now. I'll live with it though. Unfortunately, the SIM racers of a Driving Simulator prefer a better frame-rate performance. Not to put them down, but isn't this Game mostly played by casuals or people who don't care for competition? I'm just saying, PD gave you what you want. But it wasn't for the "greater" good since this is a Driving Simulator (in which me and a whole lot of other people like to drift and slide in.)

And sure, competition isn't the blame, but the PS3 is. They had to sacrifice one thing for another.

Give/(sell) us Seattle and we'll be happy, right? What happened with the DLC packs?

:odd:

I.......... :odd:

Back