Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

The TCS is not removed at 100% as @Isho notice it !!! So yes it is better now but not good enough.

Hmm this needs to be confirmed I cannot test ATM as son just took over ps3 and I can't use 2nd one as it still has 1.1patch

When online, press pause, and go into the Quick Options menu, Ghost Display has been added, and you can change between Semi-Transparent, and Line for how you view your Ghost.

You can also change your 3D settings right at the very bottom of the Quick Options Menu

What about Seasonal Time Trials? Can I somehow disable friend's lines and have only my ghost?

I haven't gotten that far yet, gimme 2 seconds, and I will have a look

EDIT: Just gone onto the new FT-1 Seasonal, the options are the same as a regular lobby, therefore meaning that you CANNOT turn off friends lines. Ghost is available as Semi Transparent or Line. Again, in the Seasonal Quick Options Pause Menu, you can adjust your 3D settings

I need more details..as in what was the spoiler bug to begin with and how was it fixed.

When installing a spoiler on a Midget, a second set of spoiler brackets would appear in the bed instead of on the roof (where the actual spoiler is fitted). This is fixed now: when I drove my Midget this morning, the misplaced brackets were gone.

Having driven cockpit mode at Bathurst in a Nissan GT-R GT3 with a field of 10 premium GT3's I also feel frame rate is vastly improved. It was solid with no slowdown. I did the same last night as a comparison in version 1.05 and couldn't use cockpit mode. However that was using the normal display mode. There was a noticeable drop back down in frame rate when using flicker reduction.

I also tested 3d at these tracks. It is better than GT5's 3d but detail seems dialled back from GT6's normal 720p mode. Still frame rate seems good, tested at Bathurst (day and night) and Brands Hatch. Some blocky graphics here or there but it's definitely a useable option.

Having driven cockpit mode at Bathurst in a Nissan GT-R GT3 with a field of 10 premium GT3's I also feel frame rate is vastly improved. It was solid with no slowdown. I did the same last night as a comparison in version 1.05 and couldn't use cockpit mode. However that was using the normal display mode. There was a noticeable drop back down in frame rate when using flicker reduction.

I also tested 3d at these tracks. It is better than GT5's 3d but detail seems dialled back from GT6's normal 720p mode. Still frame rate seems good, tested at Bathurst (day and night) and Brands Hatch. Some blocky graphics here or there but it's definitely a useable option.
Hard to quantify this. I'm going to wait and see what the larger community thinks in terms of frame rates before I include it. Thanks for the info.

I`ve noticed the game running a bit smoother too...

Along with the TCS changes, when using reverse gear traction control doesn't kick in anymore.

(Time for some reverse axis spins in an evo)

For those those who misinterpret ( @Streeto ), this has nothing to do with having TCS on, its about it being (in old versions) forced on when using reverse.

Last edited:
I also had this in Singleplayer Races . Feels like a 1 sec. slow mo. Is this lag fixed?

No, it's just the nature of the flicker reduction option. It smooths the flickering between areas of differing contrast but that takes processing power and it takes it's toll on frame rate. It's an option that I find is best avoided by using the default.

BknJQZSCAAASqA1.png:large

Apparently "some cars" includes the Evo 9 GSR for some reasons...
EDIT: I thought that this would apply to all the standards, but @khain said that a Supra can have a adjustable rear wing.
You can also remove the spoiler on the supra

Online prohibited tune, you cant reduce the power any more to fit PP. Slider moves but does nothing.
Edit: might have been the kind of car I tried, works on other car. USed Toyota FT and Corvette.

Not fully sure if this is new or not, but when choosing between external parts and wheels in the 'custom parts' section, there are White people walking around in the background.

I feel there is a slight change in the physics. Vehicles dont feel to have near as much understeer.

Every update at least one person says there is a change in the physics.

Until there is agreement from more than a few people that there actually has been a physics change and agreement on what has changed, then I won't believe that there really has been.

Every update at least one person says there is a change in the physics.

Until there is agreement from more than a few people that there actually has been a physics change and agreement on what has changed, then I won't believe that there really has been.

I compared the same car at the same track. In a relatively short time frame. Cars feel more nuetral and seem corner slightly better.

Back