Update 1.07 Undocumented Changes Thread - Sneak Peak at GTA Final Round in OP!!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but when driving through the pits I used to be able to look back, now I can't.
I have only tested this online.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but when driving through the pits I used to be able to look back, now I can't.
I have only tested this online.
You are the second person to mention it...added it to the OP:tup:👍

I noticed yesterday after the update the dealership icon labeled there was something new but I couldn't find out what had been added. Any ideas?

Nevermind, more GT-R's apparently.

It's in the OP. A bug I think.

I am happy we got the GTAcademy Youtube GTR but lets face it, you could throw an infinite amount of GTRs as DLC for free and we wouldn't call that improving the game in anyway.

A lot of people would disagree with you about the addition of a brand new, free GT3 race car with (IMO) a very nice livery.

It's in the OP. A bug I think.
I can add (since I played without the hotfix) that it doesn't add anything before the hotfix either. I suspect it is, as other people have said, the new Senna dealership being errantly flagged (or correctly flagged, but invisible until 27th) and it'll go away once we're able to browse it.

A lot of people would disagree with you about the addition of a brand new, free GT3 race car with (IMO) a very nice livery.

I said it is a good addition, Being a part of the "We need new cars Brigade" I'm arguing that new GTRs will hardly affect GT6s appeal. I'd bet it drives almost Identical to the existing GTR GT3 in the game.

I said it is a good addition, Being a part of the "We need new cars Brigade" I'm arguing that new GTRs will hardly affect GT6s appeal. I'd bet it drives almost Identical to the existing GTR GT3 in the game.

It probably does, but "More GT3 cars/more liveries" was one of the most common requests after GT6 was released so it's positive in that respect.

The YouTube Livery GTR GT3 is a great addition. It's another GT3 car that'll add more variety to GT3 races.
It isn't 'just another GTR' it's another racecar.
Would anyone complain if the RALT R3 coming in the Senna update also came in other race liveries? Or if the rally cars came in alternative liveries?

"
  • When driving through the pits you can no longer look backwards.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! WHY remove features. This doesn't make or break anything but I sometimes liked to look back to see if anyone is pitting and what not...it was a cool feature to have :/

I used it to make sure I wasn't exiting the pits into oncoming traffic. It was a useful feature. Hopefully its removal was an accident that will get mended in the future.

Regarding not being able to look back when in the pits, can you not look back when exiting the pits to see if you are going to be in the way of anyone when returning to the track? Or is it you can't look back AT ALL once your fully enter the pits?

Jerome

Now I can see the YouTube GTR, i'm completely in love, as it was my favourite British GT/Blancpain livery by a long shot last year.

Now we have it. :D

And:

2-panel-its-free-l.png

Regarding not being able to look back when in the pits, can you not look back when exiting the pits to see if you are going to be in the way of anyone when returning to the track? Or is it you can't look back AT ALL once your fully enter the pits?

Jerome

I think they removed it completely from the pits.
I could be wrong though, I have not given it a try yet!

Went to go grind the X2014 Standard championship, and I can't start the first race. It seems as if the game only loads half the cars, mine not being one of them. I can't click Driving Options, because I evidently don't have a car. Here's what the scoreboard shows:
nQabI53l.jpg

And here's what happens when I try to start the race:
1VDQ0LGl.jpg

Any suggestions? Restarting the championship doesn't work, this happens every time I load it up. Also happens when trying to load each individual race as well.

Went to go grind the X2014 Standard championship, and I can't start the first race. It seems as if the game only loads half the cars, mine not being one of them. I can't click Driving Options, because I evidently don't have a car. Here's what the scoreboard shows:
nQabI53l.jpg

And here's what happens when I try to start the race:
1VDQ0LGl.jpg

Any suggestions? Restarting the championship doesn't work, this happens every time I load it up. Also happens when trying to load each individual race as well.
From what I hear, this usually has something to do with the game data going awry. Being that the Red Bull X Challenge is part of an update, something might have gone wrong with its files. Restarting the game works for most people from what I've previously read. I got the same case with Goodwood, although rebooting the game did not work.

In the worst case scenario, you may have to delete your GT6 game data and reinstall all updates once again. I've had to do that option just to fix Goodwood; OCD says to me that I cannot be playing a broken game. :indiff:

It's the only fix I know that works. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be the case for you, because downloading and installing all of these huge updates again is undesirable for almost anyone.

Looks like they've changed the HUD rev counter a bit (it's very very minor I know) but I noticed there's lines in the blue bits now, corresponding to the numbers above it.

Unless I'm deceived but I'm pretty sure it's new

I've only read the OP, sorry, but isn't the Search function for the Car Dealership new?
I've not noticed it before and think it was about time we got it.

Now, if only we could use a similar filter for the online lobby regulations... :sly:

Jerome

Before 1.07, as I’m sure you know, you could look back while the pit work was being done (to see who else stopped behind you).

Now you can start to look back AFTER you regain control (pit auto drive off) so you can check behind you and not cut someone off. It seems in "pit auto drive" you can't look back anymore, unless it's a bug.

@bmac39, could you please keep us updated about that situation? If you can not find a solution, PD should be updated by the OP of this thread. They do read the OPs of these threads.

Okay, here's the final explanation on the blur rendering. It does seem fixed and vastly improved. I'll try another test with the exact same replay for the clouds, but I'm pretty sure it's fixed.

34tCgcj.jpg

As you can see, 1.06 left very noticeable ghosts in the blurred parts, like in the rim and in the cones, but in 1.07, they're much, much more natrual and smoother. This is the same exact replay, shot on 1.06 and both 1.07.

sNhRIjE.jpg

The clouds, I'll test again but they do blur much smoother than before, and don't leave the red/blue seperation as before.

ytEw53q.jpg

You can even see in the Press shot for the VGT, the odd color on the edges of the blur and the hard outline from the trees.

The outline in 1.07 is much softer and the abbreviation is no where to be found, atleast on Laguna seca, but I don't think it's a track based glitch, just a rendering issue that's gone for good now hopefully.

I have the same problem with the NSX Type-R 02. In half the races I use it the only sound you get is the gearbox and wind sound. It does sort it's self out after a few minutes though.

Well I guess I better contribute instead of derailling as I did earlier..

This 'sound issue' (mentioned by SKUNK and Toko) where the beginning of a race is missing the exhaust note- I think it happened with many, if not possibly all cars. It happened to me frequently in Career and Arcade races. MR2's, Supra Base Model LM Race Car, Red Bull Jr's, Nismo 270R, Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car, LF-A's, Ferrari Dino, and on and on. I am usually in cockpit view, if that matters..

This issue seemed to happen randomly, sometimes when restarting a race over and over it would happen every 4-5 tries or so, and like SKUNK said, it would usually clear up after a minute -often after bumping another car or similar sound-effect inducing action. That seemed to jumpstart us back into full song.

Back