Update 1.07 Undocumented Changes Thread - Sneak Peak at GTA Final Round in OP!!!

I actually did some testing right now and here's what I got:

Average: 2.9s.

So I wouldn't say that it's different really...
So I guess this proves that there's a difference.
(Used a phone with actual buttons as a stopwatch, touchscreens are horrible for this type of stuff in my opinion.)

Last edited:
I actually did some testing right now and here's what I got:

Average: 2.9s.

So I wouldn't say that it's different really...

(Used a phone with actual buttons as a stopwatch, touchscreens are horrible for this type of stuff in my opinion.)
A half second is still variation.....good work..thanks.👍

Can you post a screenshot for reference? Darn it, double post:scared:

Here it is. One car's rear wheels a lot faster slower than the front wheels. :rolleyes:

GT5 Screen Shot 5:17:14, 8.12 PM.png

Last edited:
You'll have to post some photos and let others more familiar with photomode have a look and see if anything is different or if they can repeat the results.
That's interesting. I'm seeing a general lack of jaggies in 1.07.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is specific to something I haven't tried. Maybe particular tracks, shadow situations or something. It'd be good to see some actual jaggy shots, not so much for "proof", but for purposes of tracking down the circumstances where it happens. That'd be good for PD and maybe we can identify workarounds.

Right I've done some extensive testing and found I could reproduce the jaggies although not as severe as I was seeing the other night. However I've noticed that they only seem to be present in a 2 player "Party Play" mode replay, this was the circumstance in which I first saw it and I couldn't reproduce the result in single player time trial or race.
Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit_3.jpg
Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit_4.jpg
Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit_5.jpg
Jaggies were much worse the other night, but these still aren't pretty!​

I couldn't get any jaggies using the same car at the same location in time trial or single race so seemed to be limited to 2 player mode only. Tried it with saved time trial replays just in case the saved version produced different results to the "live" version - no difference. Tried it with different cars in 2 player and got jaggies again.

There does appear to be "layers" of smoke and as you zoom in with the camera the 'outer layer' disappears and there's a point kind of between layers where the jaggies appear. Same thing happens in time trial/single race but without the jaggies. Go figure! :odd: :confused:

• There's a new bug where the "NEW" tag comes up in the car dealerships without a new car being present

I've installed update but not the hotfix that immediately followed. Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13 shows up as new, even though I already own one. Same with Redbull x2014 Standard and fan cars.

Anyone know what the hotfix changes? Anything I should buy or do before I install it?

Talking about the hot fix and the Senna video, I see "interesting" behavior in my triple screen system.

The PS3 which controls the client PS3s is, of course, logged in as me, and the hot fix removed Senna.

However, the client PS3s do not log into PSN, did update to 1.07, but did not get hot fixed. So I can watch the Senna video on those PS3s. They show no "desire" to download the hot fix. This doesn't make much sense to me. Why do the 1.07 update, but not the hot fix?

Talking about the hot fix and the Senna video, I see "interesting" behavior in my triple screen system.

The PS3 which controls the client PS3s is, of course, logged in as me, and the hot fix removed Senna.

However, the client PS3s do not log into PSN, did update to 1.07, but did not get hot fixed. So I can watch the Senna video on those PS3s. They show no "desire" to download the hot fix. This doesn't make much sense to me. Why do the 1.07 update, but not the hot fix?

Possibly because they are client PS3 and not the main PS3, possible if you switch to using the client PS3 to be the main it will install the patch, but the patch is basically a flag to keep the senna video from being viewed before the set date. That's my take on it anyway, the ninja update isn't necessary to function as a client but it needs the 1.07 update to remain in sync with the 1.07 update on the main PS3. Did the hot fix change the version number? I have full updates and sits at ver. 1.07.7145800A US disc version.

Before the update, when another car would "flash" you (headlight flashers), you wouldn't be able to see the flashers reflecting off walls and other objects. All you could see of the flashers was on the car itself. This has been fixed and now flashers are extremely effective in the dark.

Possibly because they are client PS3 and not the main PS3, possible if you switch to using the client PS3 to be the main it will install the patch, but the patch is basically a flag to keep the senna video from being viewed before the set date. That's my take on it anyway, the ninja update isn't necessary to function as a client but it needs the 1.07 update to remain in sync with the 1.07 update on the main PS3. Did the hot fix change the version number? I have full updates and sits at ver. 1.07.7145800A US disc version.

Thanks! And I'll check the version number

schmocke said
When playing online, on the top left of screen you now see only the lap you're currently running; before update, you saw this lap plus total laps written aside.
Not checked, if it appears offline as well.
(1.06: lap 3/10; 1.07: lap 3)
Selfquoting here. It only happended once for me on Ascari, afterwards it was all fine. Weird.. So, nevermind.

I think they fixed the bug when adding external parts to car, with some cars some parts have stayed visible in preview, even though we cancelled the parts. Now everything seems to be fine.

When ever I race in the game, i've only seen it in Arcade as of this post, I get a "notification" at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen telling me the buttons to press. Is there a way to get rid of it?
It appears in single player races for me. One curious one I noticed is that it says, after exiting a turn, "Hold R1 for boost."

Another irritating thing for me I haven't seen yet, though I haven't read all 19 pages, is that on new menu screens my cursor shoots all the way to the left.

It appears in single player races for me. One curious one I noticed is that it says, after exiting a turn, "Hold R1 for boost."

Another irritating thing for me I haven't seen yet, though I haven't read all 19 pages, is that on new menu screens my cursor shoots all the way to the left.
Go into any event and press 'Start' once it has begun. Then go into options and select 'Button Navigation' and turn it off.

This has finally been fixed.

MadMax
Mission Race IB-1 , the route illustration from start to finish in the in event menu screen has different finish line position that what it's in the actual mission.

In illustration the finish line is at (autumn ring) the exit of 3rd last corner (the corner after pit entry)
And in mission the finish line is next to the pit entry.

So , one corner missing from the mission or one corner too much in the illustration. :D

EDIT: for comparison with previous illustration:

Last edited:
If you do a pit stop in online mode and do not change tire compound (Only adding gas) and have tires that are pretty much brand new, then the pit will only make you take gas, making the pit stop faster.

I'm still testing this.

How do you mean? I was lauching cars sky high attempting to land on the AI just this morning by driving 200mph across the dirt and over the steep ridges. Nothing seemed different at all?
How the hell do you do that I know you can do that in gt5 with a veyron and a gt Citroen concept at Cape but no idea how to do in gt6 ( I think that was a physics bug in gt5 ) . Can anybody confirm that it's still possible in v1.07 . I haven't been able to do in a long time

Back