Update 1.07 Undocumented Changes Thread - Sneak Peak at GTA Final Round in OP!!!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Johnnypenso, May 14, 2014.

1. HellzFire

HellzFire

That's awesome. Thanks for the quick replies, lads!

k12power and Mini Stiggy like this.
  2. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

That's :gtpflag: for ya!

kolio123 and Mini Stiggy like this.
  3. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

He confirmed that it varies...then asked people for help confirming that it varies. I left it in the OP but no one has double checked that the length of time varies IIRC.

4. NOSWaster

NOSWaster

The length of time does vary. It went from between 2s and 4s in the races I did last night. I like it a lot. :D

ITCC_Andrew and super_gt like this.
  5. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

I actually did some testing right now and here's what I got:

Average: 2.9s.

So I wouldn't say that it's different really...
    So I guess this proves that there's a difference.
    (Used a phone with actual buttons as a stopwatch, touchscreens are horrible for this type of stuff in my opinion.)

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    ITCC_Andrew and super_gt like this.
  6. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

A half second is still variation.....good work..thanks.:tup:

ITCC_Andrew and Ameer67 like this.
  7. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

True. No prob Johnny.

8. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Will do. My PS3 is in backup mode for a couple of hours, so hang in there.

9. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I linked to your test results in the OP btw.

No rush:D

10. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Here it is. One car's rear wheels a lot faster slower than the front wheels. :rolleyes:

GT5 Screen Shot 5:17:14, 8.12 PM.png

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    ProjectF likes this.
  11. Nato_777

Nato_777 Premium

Right I've done some extensive testing and found I could reproduce the jaggies although not as severe as I was seeing the other night. However I've noticed that they only seem to be present in a 2 player "Party Play" mode replay, this was the circumstance in which I first saw it and I couldn't reproduce the result in single player time trial or race.
    Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit_3.jpg Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit_4.jpg Silverstone_ Stowe Circuit_5.jpg
    Jaggies were much worse the other night, but these still aren't pretty!​

I couldn't get any jaggies using the same car at the same location in time trial or single race so seemed to be limited to 2 player mode only. Tried it with saved time trial replays just in case the saved version produced different results to the "live" version - no difference. Tried it with different cars in 2 player and got jaggies again.

There does appear to be "layers" of smoke and as you zoom in with the camera the 'outer layer' disappears and there's a point kind of between layers where the jaggies appear. Same thing happens in time trial/single race but without the jaggies. Go figure! :odd: :confused:

12. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

I've installed update but not the hotfix that immediately followed. Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13 shows up as new, even though I already own one. Same with Redbull x2014 Standard and fan cars.

Anyone know what the hotfix changes? Anything I should buy or do before I install it?

13. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

The hot fix got rid of the Senna video.

14. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Talking about the hot fix and the Senna video, I see "interesting" behavior in my triple screen system.

The PS3 which controls the client PS3s is, of course, logged in as me, and the hot fix removed Senna.

However, the client PS3s do not log into PSN, did update to 1.07, but did not get hot fixed. So I can watch the Senna video on those PS3s. They show no "desire" to download the hot fix. This doesn't make much sense to me. Why do the 1.07 update, but not the hot fix?

GregOr1971 likes this.
  15. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Maybe because PD didn't know anyone would use the multi-screen function and forgot about it? :lol:

16. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

Possibly because they are client PS3 and not the main PS3, possible if you switch to using the client PS3 to be the main it will install the patch, but the patch is basically a flag to keep the senna video from being viewed before the set date. That's my take on it anyway, the ninja update isn't necessary to function as a client but it needs the 1.07 update to remain in sync with the 1.07 update on the main PS3. Did the hot fix change the version number? I have full updates and sits at ver. 1.07.7145800A US disc version.

GBO Possum likes this.
  17. Bambi

Bambi Premium

Before the update, when another car would "flash" you (headlight flashers), you wouldn't be able to see the flashers reflecting off walls and other objects. All you could see of the flashers was on the car itself. This has been fixed and now flashers are extremely effective in the dark.

18. nasanu

nasanu (Banned)

Did they both have the same assists?

OdeFinn likes this.
  19. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

GBO Possum likes this.
  20. subsist

subsist

Seems that car Two's rear wheels are reading in MPH and not KPH as per the other wheels on the graph. Perhaps that is the case?

GBO Possum likes this.
  21. SCClockDr

SCClockDr Premium

@meek A question was asked and "Comfirmed..." was my answer.
    GBO Possum elaborates above.

meek likes this.
  22. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Thanks! And I'll check the version number

23. schmocke

schmocke

Selfquoting here. It only happended once for me on Ascari, afterwards it was all fine. Weird.. So, nevermind.

24. ForceMotion

ForceMotion

Why wasn't this added to the OP? Replay music keeps playing while taking pictures now, in updates before it always stopped.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  25. fifomaniak

fifomaniak

I think they fixed the bug when adding external parts to car, with some cars some parts have stayed visible in preview, even though we cancelled the parts. Now everything seems to be fine.

26. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

It appears in single player races for me. One curious one I noticed is that it says, after exiting a turn, "Hold R1 for boost."

Another irritating thing for me I haven't seen yet, though I haven't read all 19 pages, is that on new menu screens my cursor shoots all the way to the left.

27. carfanatic45

carfanatic45

Go into any event and press 'Start' once it has begun. Then go into options and select 'Button Navigation' and turn it off.

28. MadMax

MadMax Moderator

This has finally been fixed.

EDIT: for comparison with previous illustration:

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  29. Brutaka

Brutaka

If you do a pit stop in online mode and do not change tire compound (Only adding gas) and have tires that are pretty much brand new, then the pit will only make you take gas, making the pit stop faster.

I'm still testing this.

30. Megalodon

Megalodon

How the hell do you do that I know you can do that in gt5 with a veyron and a gt Citroen concept at Cape but no idea how to do in gt6 ( I think that was a physics bug in gt5 ) . Can anybody confirm that it's still possible in v1.07 . I haven't been able to do in a long time