Update 1.07 Undocumented Changes Thread - Sneak Peak at GTA Final Round in OP!!!

Hello, this maybe related to the "Improvements to blur rendering in photomode"
But I think it's different.
I found that wrinkling bokeh glitch I posted a few months ago, finally has been fixed in 1.07!

Here is the prove:
Smooth as silk bokeh @1.07
bokehfixed107.jpg

compare with this (before 1.07) look at the wrinkling out focus area (the buildings) it has been fixed above.
1966226_831316146885143_1340933419_o.jpg

click the image for bigger view

note: don't mind the color difference, I adjusted the contrast and saturation of the first image :)

I thought some of the Vision GT cars imagery had been updated. Some of the cars looked a fair bit more visible than before (to me). Things like the Honda for example.

So can we assume we're back to normal as far as total cars on the grid? Anyone else seeing 1 less car on the grid or the usual 12 or 16?

Also, I need some confirmation of new or different signage at the Nurb. A couple of people have mentioned it but I'd like some before and after photo confirmation just to be sure.

It does seem to have been a bug or something. It was strange though that my position on the grid for the 15 racer field was last. That not only dropped a racer but moved me one position back too as you start in 14th normally.

I have started a thread in questions asking if anyone else has also experienced it.

Tried navigating the replay with the USB keyboard. You can use the left and right arrow keys to navigate the buttons and hit enter to select a button.

Any idea which buttons perform what function?

The Bluetooth clip-on keyboard has a subset of a full keyboard. The official mapping is:-

Change the information that is displayed on-screen (function keys):
F1: Display no information.
F2: Display all information.
F3: Display the time and the lap number only.
F4: Display instruments only.

Switch the car that is focused on (number keys plus Q, W, E, R, T and Y):
Pressing the number keys 1, 2, 3 etc. will focus the camera on the car in that position (first, second third, etc.) To focus on cars outside the top ten positions, the following keys are used:
Q: Focus on the 11th placed car.
W: Focus on the 12th placed car.
E: Focus on the 13th placed car.
R: Focus on the 14th placed car.
T: Focus on the 15th placed car.
Y: Focus on the 16th placed car.
※ If there is no car in a certain position, pressing the relevant key will have no effect.

Changing view (H, J, K and L):
H: Replay camera.
J: Normal view.
K: Bonnet view.
L: Chase view.

EDITS: for readability only, no content changes

Last edited:
It has been documented that during pit access you can no longer look behind,
but, have we previously been able to look left and right?? :nervous: (Using the left/right direction buttons.)
I haven't been on for a long while and can not recall if this was possible prior to 1.07. :indiff:

Plus, having just started my S Class races (tried Big Willow several weeks ago), I gave it another go today.
Has the "damage" changed?
I ran wide a couple of times and my handling became affected...steering became difficult as if I had sustained under-body or suspension damage??? After a pit stop, all was good again. :confused:

Was playing around in photomode last night and noticed I was getting bad jaggies (GT5 bad) with smoke at certain angles. These jaggies remained present in the rendered photo - I spend a lot of time in photomode and this is the first time I've seen it this bad in GT6. Disappointing. :grumpy:
I didn't save any of the jaggy shots at the time but I'll take some if anyone wants proof.

when using a ghost for a Licence, mission or Goodwood, the first time when you purposely restart the run yourself by the pause button [rather than the automatic disqualified restart] the ghost would be gone on the next go and you would need to exit and re-select your ghost to chase.
that's what I meant. :)

Charging is "cargar" which is another word for "loading"

He means the ghost stays after loading.
well done pal. Exactly my mistake, I'm french-speaking not spanish-speaking though, the word we use is "charger", same latin root.

So this applies to Licenses, missions and Goodwood only?
+ time trials, solo runs, seasonals... anything where you might want to compare with a ghost.

Tried navigating the replay with the USB keyboard. You can use the left and right arrow keys to navigate the buttons and hit enter to select a button.
The Bluetooth clip on keyboard has a subset of a full keyboard. The official mapping is:-

Change the information that is displayed on-screen (function keys):
F1: Display no information.
F2: Display all information.
F3: Display the time and the lap number only.
F4: Display instruments only.
Switch the car that is focused on (number keys plus Q, W, E, R, T and Y):
Pressing the number keys 1, 2, 3 etc. will focus the camera on the car in that position (first, second third, etc.) To focus on cars outside the top ten positions, the following keys are used:
Q: Focus on the 11th placed car.
W: Focus on the 12th placed car.
E: Focus on the 13th placed car.
R: Focus on the 14th placed car.
T: Focus on the 15th placed car.
Y: Focus on the 16th placed car.
※If there is no car in a certain position, pressing the relevant key will have no effect.
Changing view (H, J, K and L):
H: Replay camera.
J: Normal view.
K: Bonnet view.
L: Chase view.
Good work, thanks

Was playing around in photomode last night and noticed I was getting bad jaggies (GT5 bad) with smoke at certain angles. These jaggies remained present in the rendered photo - I spend a lot of time in photomode and this is the first time I've seen it this bad in GT6. Disappointing. :grumpy:
I didn't save any of the jaggy shots at the time but I'll take some if anyone wants proof.

You'll have to post some photos and let others more familiar with photomode have a look and see if anything is different or if they can repeat the results.

I don't follow, can you guys elaborate?

The so-called Data Logger sometimes shows a huge mismatch between car speed and wheel speed. The wheels may all be running a lot faster than the car.

To check this out, I downloaded two of the top ten replays in a Seasonal Event and had the data logger compare these two. The two cars were traveling at almost identical speeds all through the lap. However, there was maybe a 20 mph difference between their wheel speeds (all wheels).

That's interesting. I'm seeing a general lack of jaggies in 1.07.

I'm wondering if what you are seeing is specific to something I haven't tried. Maybe particular tracks, shadow situations or something. It'd be good to see some actual jaggy shots, not so much for "proof", but for purposes of tracking down the circumstances where it happens. That'd be good for PD and maybe we can identify workarounds.

GT_AC2014_5_LUCAS_02: The skills you develop while playing Gran Turismo apply just as much to real life racing. That's the message I want to share with the world!
:odd:

Start a race. Could be anything, Time Trial, Single Race, doesn't matter. Pause the game. Click on quick options. Then to button navigation>off.
Thanks for this, I was looking around the tools/setting section last night and couldn't find it either 👍

Except for the bit where Gran Turismo =/= real racing in the slightest.
Not really the point. The skills you develop, meaning things like driving line, controlling slides, finding braking points, and even stuff like being able to learn new tracks and cars quickly by developing a technique - All of that applies to any racing, real life or not. Yes, the physics are going to be different, but you can learn that relatively quickly. It's the strategy and understanding of racing that you can pick up from video games, and I think it's good that GT Academy is pointing that out.

Not really the point. The skills you develop, meaning things like driving line, controlling slides, finding braking points, and even stuff like being able to learn new tracks and cars quickly by developing a technique - All of that applies to any racing, real life or not. Yes, the physics are going to be different, but you can learn that relatively quickly. It's the strategy and understanding of racing that you can pick up from video games, and I think it's good that GT Academy is pointing that out.

Plus, the GT Academy program right now has proven that it works. Some skills you learn in the game help you out there.

That makes sense - I concede that the driving skills you learn in GT6 can carry over well to real-life. I guess my problem with GT Academy lies with that fact that while GT6 simulates driving well, the actual scenario of racing is simulated rather less well. There's no qualifying for instance, and the actual races themselves do not follow real racing series particularly well either (since when were rally events staged with 16-car rolling starts on closed dirt circuits?)

That makes sense - I concede that the driving skills you learn in GT6 can carry over well to real-life. I guess my problem with GT Academy lies with that fact that while GT6 simulates driving well, the actual scenario of racing is simulated rather less well. There's no qualifying for instance, and the actual races themselves do not follow real racing series particularly well either (since when were rally events staged with 16-car rolling starts on closed dirt circuits?)
Nice discussion. Everyone please continue that discussion in the appropriate thread.

The so-called Data Logger sometimes shows a huge mismatch between car speed and wheel speed. The wheels may all be running a lot faster than the car.

To check this out, I downloaded two of the top ten replays in a Seasonal Event and had the data logger compare these two. The two cars were traveling at almost identical speeds all through the lap. However, there was maybe a 20 mph difference between their wheel speeds (all wheels).
Can you post a screenshot for reference? Darn it, double post:scared:

Any one know what's wrong with the new patch install?
I downloaded it in less than 5mins only to get a 130 ****ing minute install?

Weird: it took me 2:17h to download and 13 minutes to install. Don't ask me why.

Guys, one question, maybe it has been already answered on this topic:

The new false start grid, the gap between the last red light and the start is always the same or it varies? Has someone tested this?

From the video on the OP, the gap is between 2,5s and 3s to start. It would be ideal if the game had something like 4 configurations of gaps, like 3, 4, 5s to start, becoming impossible to know the exact moment to release the brakes :P

Guys, one question, maybe it has been already answered on this topic:

The new false start grid, the gap between the last red light and the start is always the same or it varies? Has someone tested this?

From the video on the OP, the gap is between 2,5s and 3s to start. It would be ideal if the game had something like 4 configurations of gaps, like 3, 4, 5s to start, becoming impossible to know the exact moment to release the brakes :P

I think it was @ITCC_Andrew who confirmed it already.

Back