Update 1.10 (and 1.11) Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 579 comments
Is it just me or this update has fixed shadows and brightness issues? I just took a spin round Matterhorn and didn't see any flickering shadows. I will try out Goodwood to see whether the brightness issues have been solved.

Was the weather slightly overcast? If it is then you won't see any! I usually set the weather between 30-50 when racing online, that way you don't get any shadows & therefore no flickering in the first place. So hope you're right though, me needs some sunshine (& in the real too).

👍

VBR
Was the weather slightly overcast? If it is then you won't see any! I usually set the weather between 30-50 when racing online, that way you don't get any shadows & therefore no flickering in the first place. So hope you're right though, me needs some sunshine (& in the real too).

👍

No, it was on stock weather settings (sunny with some clouds), midday sun. Usually the midday lighting is ugly but not anymore. 👍

Apparently in version 1.10 there is a change in the camera of repetition in a sector of the circuit "Mount Panorama".
(Traducted from Google Translator)

2014-07-29170547.jpg

This is a repetition of GT6 that you record myself with my phone in February 2014.

(Traducted from Google Translator)
Before
antes.gif

This is the same replay, but in 1.10 version of Gran Turismo 6.
¿1.10? ¿1.09?
dfsdsddfds.gif

Apparently in version 1.10 there is a change in the camera of replay in a sector of the circuit "Mount Panorama".
Could you explain further the differences between the two, please? Is the lighting (la luz) different? What is the difference that you have noticed?

(Explique la diferencia que ha observado..., p.f.)

Again, in which way? I don't notice the difference.
I believe that he means that the replay camera angles have changed. The cameras used during a replay normally change after each lap. I think that I have seen 3 different sets of replay camera angles. You would have to watch a couple of laps of a replay to see the different replay cameras in action. It used to be that every first lap always used the same angles every time. Maybe they are more random now. I hope I explained this properly.

I believe that he means that the replay camera angles have changed. The cameras used during a replay normally change after each lap. I think that I have seen 3 different sets of replay camera angles. You would have to watch a couple of laps of a replay to see the different replay cameras in action. It used to be that every first lap always used the same angles every time. Maybe they are more random now. I hope I explained this properly.
I understand the terminology of replay (repetition/repetición in Spanish, poster's native language,) but he seems to believe that on the same lap, in the same corner, in the same replay, the camera angle is different.

However, the photos he posted don't seem to do this sufficient justice. Yes, a change can be noticed, but I'm hoping he can tell us more about the difference.

Thanks for trying, and by all means, this is something you can research for yourself if it interests you... I'm just looking for an in-depth explanation of how it has changed. If you look in the original post of this thread, the other camera changes are expanded upon.

Is it an illusion or can I now actually see where I'm going now on willow springs at night?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is new but I noticed that now miles accumulated during Single Race in arcade mode now add to mileage on your car from GT mode too. I know it wasn't like this before because of the amount of time I spent driving many of my hundred cars that still sport 0.0 miles on them now, but I recently purchased a few new cars within the last week and they all have mileage on them and I only test drove them and raced the AI to get a feel for them. My YouTube GTR has exactly 29 miles on it, considering I drove it nearly everyday in Arcade mode since I unlocked it back in June, seems like mileage sticks now in 1.10 no matter what mode you drive your car in.

Edit... Seems like not every car will gain mileage during Time Trial. I just used my '07 M3 which I acquired in 2013 and it acquired no mileage, I just raced it in single race and it still has 0.0 miles on it. Seems it might be cars acquired before a certain update are immune to gaining mileage i Arcade mode. I'll check my other cars from 2013 to see what other cars have this weird bug.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is new but I noticed that now miles accumulated during Single Race in arcade mode now add to mileage on your car from GT mode too. I know it wasn't like this before because of the amount of time I spent driving many of my hundred cars that still sport 0.0 miles on them now, but I recently purchased a few new cars within the last week and they all have mileage on them and I only test drove them and raced the AI to get a feel for them. My YouTube GTR has exactly 29 miles on it, considering I drove it nearly everyday in Arcade mode since I unlocked it back in June, seems like mileage sticks now in 1.10 no matter what mode you drive your car in.

Edit... Seems like not every car will gain mileage during Time Trial. I just used my '07 M3 which I acquired in 2013 and it acquired no mileage, I just raced it in single race and it still has 0.0 miles on it. Seems it might be cars acquired before a certain update are immune to gaining mileage i Arcade mode. I'll check my other cars from 2013 to see what other cars have this weird bug.

This has been discussed many times. Before this version (and even in GT5?) if you go into your car settings before leaving the track in arcade then mileage accumulates. Do 2 tests and see if the mileage accumulates in arcade with and then without going into the car setup after driving (free run or race). Then go back to the main menu and look at mileage on the garage screen. If mileage is now registering in both scenarios then great, it's a change.

Again, in which way? I don't notice the difference.

At around 1:58 in the second replay (repetition is not an accurate translation) the view changes to a much higher shot.

This has been discussed many times. Before this version (and even in GT5?) if you go into your car settings before leaving the track in arcade then mileage accumulates. Do 2 tests and see if the mileage accumulates in arcade with and then without going into the car setup after driving (free run or race). Then go back to the main menu and look at mileage on the garage screen. If mileage is now registering in both scenarios then great, it's a change.

Interesting but I noticed that it didn't accumulate anything in either Time Trial or Arcade Race last night. So today I will run it then go into the tuning before leaving the course after I drive. Will be back with findings.

After racing a 3 lap race at Motegi accumulated 9.1 miles which only saved because I went into the tuning options prior to leaving the course at the end of the race.

After doing a similar 3 lap race at Motegi without going into the tuning options after the race, no saving of mileage. Still sitting at the 9.1 miles I accumulated in the first race that I ran to test out the saving of mileage. Head scratcher, I noticed that my M3 doesn't visibly show it's underbody and rear diffuser when you install them...seems like a part glitch causing it not to show up, but you get the effects of it though.

Last edited:
In a race Instead of country flags of the drivers it's the paintchip of their car. I apologize if this was from an earlier update I must of not of noticed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 9
In a race Instead of country flags of the drivers it's the paintchip of their car. I apologize if this was from an earlier update I must of not of noticed
In the quick setting in the pause menu, you can change the position grid to car make and model to driver name. If you choose make and model, it'll show the paint chip. If you choose driver, it'll show country.

In the quick setting in the pause menu, you can change the position grid to car make and model to driver name. If you choose make and model, it'll show the paint chip. If you choose driver, it'll show country.
Oh ok sorry must of mistakenly changed it. Oops. Well thanks

The beam shining on the ground from headlights are improved on darker places like tunnels (no picture but tested with the RE Amemiya RX7 in the tunnel at high speed ring

Back