Update 1.10 Discussion

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 893 comments
Did the Alpine A110 always have these old school rally wheels? :drool:

tumblr_n9aobb5PgB1s78a4do1_500.jpg

If so, why was I not informed of this?

p.s. excuse the incredibly ugly photo.

Sorry, but I really don't think the videos are anywhere near as big as people think. I work with 1080p video all the time. A properly compressed 1080p video in H.264 would only be about 35mb. A super high bitrate one might be 150mb if really bloated. There is something else in there for sure.

I see, there was no need to move up from DVDs since we can have all that 1080p goodness easily in 4GB. We are not talking about crap posted on the web here. GT6 shipped on bluray and PD is I am sure delivering either bluray or close quality.

Did the Alpine A110 always have these old school rally wheels? :drool:

tumblr_n9aobb5PgB1s78a4do1_500.jpg

If so, why was I not informed of this?

p.s. excuse the incredibly ugly photo.
All the cars have always had those same white wheels when you put dirt or snow tires on them. Take the dirt/snow tires off and the wheels go back to normal.

That Alpine Pic it's 7 miles from my hometown ;)
That's awesome! :cheers:

Made my first good pic of cars with the number plates ;)
HistoricAlpineEdit1FINALresized.jpg

All the cars have always had those same white wheels when you put dirt or snow tires on them. Take the dirt/snow tires off and the wheels go back to normal.

I know that, I just don't remember the Alpine A110, or any other cars, having old steel rally wheels as opposed to the normal OZ off-road wheels.

I know that, I just don't remember the Alpine A110, or any other cars, having old steel rally wheels as opposed to the normal OZ off-road wheels.
Ohhh, I see what your saying, didn't notice the difference at first. I personally am still a bit disappoint in the off road wheels, like I wanna use the stock wheels from the Stratos and A110. All the old rally pictures, the wheels on the A110's are stock or slightly different, sometimes orange centered. I just wish we could use the wheels we normally have on our cars for rally but if this is new I suppose it's an improvement.

Made my first good pic of cars with the number plates ;)
View attachment 192509
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who loves that old Alpine. Excellent shot.

I see they still haven't fixed the rubber banding.
I have the patience of a saint and would much rather play the game than complain about it, but I will admit that the rubberbanding is starting to get on even my nerves.

@Populuxe Cowboy Sounds like an excellent summary
Thank you. I can't wait to get off work and get home to my PS3. It took me no time at all to get the gold with the Aston, but the Nissan is going to take me a while.

Not exactly. Some old cars like this have this rim. Some other old cars and new cars have a BBS rim.

I had just built a sweet ZR1 and I had to keep the nice blue calipers on it to go with the car. But I was near maxing them out on a 650pp (street) setup. But I had to go to race brakes to keep up with the race tune I made later. So no more sacrifices to have nice brakes in style and function! Woo!

Anyone notice that the Nissan VGT acts weird?!? I was doing the seasonal going for gold but until I drove this car I never had this weird delay when braking/downshifting and then back on throttle after shifting up. I mean there is some seemingly dead lag or something that feels pretty numb and it's really weird. I also think that open clutch thing that they took off F1 cars seems to affect all cars RWD cars more than anything else but that VGT Nissan rotates like crazy when off throttle after braking, feels like the normal MR car type of life off oversteer.

Breaking news: The wiper blades in the Veyron are moving at a reasonable pace now. Before the patch it would twitch at Mach 6.
The Ranger Rover Evoque shifts a bit more smoothly now. Before it would shift like a manual. Now it shifts a bit better. Still not SL55 quality, but it's getting there.
Oil pressure in Toyota 2000GT now functions.

Last edited:
Still no full PS4 controller support. Most people use triggers and the left stick to drive so why not?
My DS3 is broken (no it cannot be repaired). I have 2 DS4...which work perfectly with Fight Night Champion....but to play GT6 they're useless. So I can't play the game.

Why the DS4 is not compatible with GT6? I've never seen an explanation from Sony or PD.

My DS3 is broken (no it cannot be repaired). I have 2 DS4...which work perfectly with Fight Night Champion....but to play GT6 they're useless. So I can't play the game.

Why the DS4 is not compatible with GT6? I've never seen an explanation from Sony or PD.
Well, the game does use buttons as a default but can be remapped to whatever you want. Sony did say they're working on expanding the list of compatible games.

Well, the game does use buttons as a default but can be remapped to whatever you want. Sony did say they're working on expanding the list of compatible games.
Ah so at least buttons work???? I gotta try it then

another hotfix
the following issue has been adressed:
players were unable to search rooms when excessive number of participants joined the open lobby

wow!

because the DS4 controller doesn't support analog button input, DS3 buttons do.

No. AM doesn't - haven't checked the Nissan.
both have interiors!

because the DS4 controller doesn't support analog button input, DS3 buttons do.

both have interiors!
Strangely, the PS4 controller works in the menus. GT6 should have support for it anyway, I hate using the PS3 controller on tracks like Route X.

Some games have zero support for it like Burnout Paradise which is major ********.

Another thing I have noticed. The interior of the Pagani Huayra is a lot more pronounced. The sun doesn't shine as brightly on the interior as before which is great. I've noticed a smoother and more fluid FPS rate. The transmission also shifts smoother now. Not what I expected since it is a single clutch transmission, but better than getting unexpected torque spikes while cruising.

Back