Update 1.12/1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

Figured it out, the Driving Force GT wheel I have is doing it. It seems the accelerator and brake are both stuck on. Means I have to use my pad instead of steering wheel. I seriously hope this gets sorted or I won't be playing this anymore. Can't be going back to using the d-pad and I can't afford a new wheel

I had the same issue - I could drive but no use in menu. Unplug the pedals from wheel base, and plug it in again.

I'm worried about those changes in feeling of DFGT after 1.12 update :(

Thanks, I'm worried about this :nervous: Can I ask what strength you had it on before? I think mine was on 5
If you are asking what setting I had my wheel set to before this update...Mine was set to 5. I felt like that provided a perfect real-world feel. Not exaggerated in any sense, but not light and weak either.

I was horrified by the default settings after installing the 1.12 update and based on another GTPlanet member's recommendation I changed the settings to 8 & 10 now. It still doesn't feel great, but it's better than it was at the new default settings. Good luck. I hope you're not as miserable as I am with the way the wheel feels now.

Force Feedback Strength can now be adjusted from the [Quick Menu]
- The [Feedback Strength] value that could previously be adjusted only from the [Steering Characteristics] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] can now also be adjusted from the [Driving Options] of the "Quick Menu", displayed before a race starts.
- Additionally, the strength of the force feedback previously adjustable only under [Feedback Strength] can now be adjusted independently with the [Force Feedback Max. Torque] and [Force Feedback Sensitivity] sliders: it is now possible to set the strength of the feedback during extreme cornering and the steering sensitivity when near the centred position independently.
- Force feedback can now be adjusted on 200 degree lock-to-lock type controllers such as the Driving Force™ EX.

OMG! Am I dreaming ?

Has anyone noticed if oil, water and volt gauges move at all? Also the mclaren f1 gauge cluster now glows green, is that new, I don't remember it at all

Bathurst in Arcade mode using Cockpit view has taken a drastic frame rate hit causing noticeable tearing on the trackside objects, especially on turns.

Other observations;

The new steering wheel tactile feedback effects feel much better and more real but a bit more force for the G27 would be appreciated.
The new track sure is pretty.
The smoke effects while driving are still only visible in the middle monitor but while watching the attract sequence demo I noticed dust clouds in all screens on one track, so I will investigate further. It's a bummer to see your opponents dust cloud disappear when they shift from the center screen to a side screen.

Sorry if this was already mentioned or was changed in an older update, but it's the first time I can hear a better sound coming out of my Ferrari F40. Maybe because it's been a long time since I used it?

Anyway it's not at the level of RB Junior or Senna's cars but it's an improvement. Great growl (in idle position also) with all different mufflers. Semi-professional is the best one.

Last edited:
When you push the start button on the controller to autodrive around the track, now the car is in ghost mode.

When in a lobby editing your cars settings, there is a very noticeable black screen delay when exiting the editing procedure.

Last edited:
The time rally sounds ("jump bonus", "overtake", "good job", "10, 9, 8..." etc.) are disabled if you go to the menu and select Race Info Display -> Off. This will of course also remove the entire HUD, but if you enjoy driving in cockpit view I can recommend it.

"I have to pull into the pits, my hype levels are dangerously low"

arrows95b-portugal.jpg

Taki Inoue will see you right.

@ALB123 omg it's shocking. Surely they've made a mistake? It's horrible to the extent that it's possibly a game ruiner for me :grumpy:
:confused: I was just in a Sierra lobby, everything was fine. Entered the pit and then when I left again there were no car sounds. Still had menu sounds. Had to leave the room to fix it :mad:

@FrzGT , I think its best if you didn't post that or anything similar here. This thread is for finding undocumented changes and your post hardly shows any of them so its very off-topic.

The starting camera on tracks like brands hatch and toscana is now fixed. Previously its stuck on the first angle.

Last edited:
Based on what I've played on the first stage of the Sierra Time Rally, I think the angle and depth of the chase cam (at least for the Abarth 500) has been significantly changed. The view seems to be a much lower angle (harder to see things uphill or directly in ahead, but I like the way it looks now). Maybe it's just me, but I remember almost all cars (notable exceptions being the Stratos and R8 Gordini) using a higher, further away chase cam.

I am not 100% that this wasn't there before, but with the display setting 'flicker reduction' the Nordschleife had massive fps issues. Changing the setting to 'Sharpen' fixed this.

Back