Update 1.12/1.13 Undocumented Changes Thread

Yet to play GT6 1.12, but i was thinking about the gauges. we already have a working Boost Meter, Speedometer, Rev. Counter and Fuel Gauge. Why are they duplicated?

Secondly the Water Temperature Gauge, Oil Temperature Gauge, Voltmeter would serve no purpose? I guessing the cars are up to normal operating temperatures before a race, with working alternators. Is this a sign that an update is on the way with breakdowns? I wonder if the A.A. (or triple A in America) cover virtual cars?

P.S. does the Oil Pressure Gauge do any thing?

this is how little I ever used incockpit racing, but did we have a functional rearview mirror in this game before? new Nismo GT '14 rearview seemed like a totally new feature to me. The camera angle interior to that of Bonnet(front hood) cam is nearly identical now too, perhaps a mere 1~2% vertical slope angle different only.

I don't know if I am imagining things, but some of the cockpits seem to have changed. The Enzo seems more detailed and the dials are now red. Is this new? BMW Z4M, you seem to sit lower and wheel is higher in your eyeline?

Thanks PD, with 1.12 now we can say that completely screwed it up with dfgt, g25, g27 force feedback, but you improved it on T500 RS, which is an official wheel from a non-logitech company. RESPECT:bowdown:
You need to figure out how to set the wheel up. And anyone using 900* on a wheel that can do less, shouldn't be running 900. The resistance will increase at lower locks on G wheels. It is not anti-logitech shenanigans. I have a g27. They also added a super old Logitech wheel profile, which is nice of them. Now my buddy's older logi won't feel like garbage as much.

I guess that people who drive with DualShok controlers may be completely unaffected by this and are perfectly happy with v1.12. I would too. But...

With this change on the "force feedback" setings on v1.12, PD completely ruined the feeling we were used to with driving wheels; and I'm yet to know it it effects all wheels or just some makes or models; one case, for sure, is DFGT.

What we have now is a range of settings that goes from a minimum of "completely loose" to a maximum of... "just a tiny little bit less loose". Now it became practically impossible to "feel" the car at corner entry. As it's flying ABOVE the road, not OVER it.

After the previous changes on the effects of camber settings - where there was a large period of time when the best procedure was to simply set camber, both front and rear, to ZERO - this time PD changed the force feedback to a point that completely overrides and invalidates any tuning people may have done to front toe, front camber and, for that matter, to any correlated suspension tuning intended to control the behavior of cars at corner entry. As simple as that!

In short, I think that PD programmers chose a range of values for force feedback that are waaaaay too loose. Willing, it must be just a question of redistributing the values in order to obtain a stronger effect at the maximum setting value (without going to the opposite of braking our wrists or... our wheels ;-)

As it is - and I sincerely hope that PD may correct this in the near future - GT6 became more of a game than a driving simulator.

P.S.: Before someone tells me that now this behavior is more approximate to reality... you are right... if you're comparing the current feel with driving our regular, everyday cars, with our (strongly) assisted steering aids and regular tires. But that's way different of a race car or even a road car with lowered suspension, toe, camber, and so on.

For me, in sierra replay, sometimes put in cockpit view, rear view, and hoodcam.
There is an error where Sierra Camera angles are not loaded. This can be fixed by fast forwarding/rewinding the replay. If not, do it constantly until it fixed.

Thanks PD, with 1.12 now we can say that completely screwed it up with dfgt, g25, g27 force feedback, but you improved it on T500 RS, which is an official wheel from a non-logitech company. RESPECT:bowdown:
Can't agree that, Using G27 steering sens 6, ffb torq 6, ffb sens 10 and it is really way much better than it was.

Toyota FT-1 VGT Has a detailed interior.

Gemasolar_17.jpg

Gemasolar_15.jpg

Gemasolar_16.jpg

It seems to me like in Quick(online)Race mode, there's different physics model, cars just drive very easily. Like with "additional power" turned on.

Edit: sorry, false alarm, "additional power" IS turned ON in majority of races in this mode.

Last edited:
That's Kart Space. Which makes less sense, can't even drive cars there.

Despite not having an interior during gameplay, at least we know it does actually have one. And dare I say it, will probably be added at a later date.

That's Kart Space. Which makes less sense, can't even drive cars there.

Despite not having an interior during gameplay, at least we know it does actually have one. And dare I say it, will probably be added at a later date.
Seriously? It doesn't have one during gameplay? It's like they do this on purpose.

You could always do that.

I think he is right. As far as I remember, before the update, in photomode you could take a pic of your current car and you could choose any second car you wanted. Now you can choose both cars from the photomode menu.

Also it seems that the SRT Viper bug where the bottom of the car would disappear has been fixed.

Back