Update 1.14 has Arrived! M4, Revamped Suzuka, Community Features

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 655 comments
Doesn't make much sense to release Community features when (I'd guess) a vast majority of people who bought this game have shelved it or sold it. Would have been great in the first few months of the game, now it's rather pointless.
What exactly is the point of hanging around here and degrading the game if you have clearly moved on yourself? If you don't enjoy playing it anymore, don't. Move on with your life, let people who enjoy it continue to do so.

I don't play it as much as I used to, but when I want to sit down and run some laps around a favorite track, I quite enjoy it. And it serves it's purpose well.

You will be glad when Spec 2 arrives, but I fear you may be hugely dissapointed having invested so much in the course maker and its probably not going to be much other than a fluffed up GT5 version, and if thats what you need to enjoy GT6 (fake tracks) this is probably not going to get you ever wrong game in my eyes.

The way Polyphony described it in their marketing was a little more than a fluffed up GT5 version, and the addition of the GPS app will almost certainly make it into a proper course creator, although possibly one that requires a bit of work.

I find it ironic that you were being so harsh to people who were negative towards the game before, but you're quite happy to tell Toko that he shouldn't be excited about a certain feature of the game. If Polyphony stuffs it up then that's their problem, not his.

What exactly is the point of hanging around here and degrading the game if you have clearly moved on yourself? If you don't enjoy playing it anymore, don't. Move on with your life, let people who enjoy it continue to do so.

I don't play it as much as I used to, but when I want to sit down and run some laps around a favorite track, I quite enjoy it. And it serves it's purpose well.

Last I checked this was a community forum where people were free to talk about what they like and what they don't like about the game. I'm allowed to have my opinion, you're allowed to have yours, and we're allowed to discuss them. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean you can tell me to GTFO.

Interesting analogy. He just gave his opinion which was totally legitimate, this thread is about the update and he gave his opinion on the update, I don't see what's wrong. Please don't start an argument with me now

If you don't share their opinion it somehow means you're evil and against them. I used to love the game, now I don't, so I therefore am evil and not allowed to express my opinions. :sly:

The way Polyphony described it in their marketing was a little more than a fluffed up GT5 version, and the addition of the GPS app will almost certainly make it into a proper course creator, although possibly one that requires a bit of work.

I find it ironic that you were being so harsh to people who were negative towards the game before, but you're quite happy to tell Toko that he shouldn't be excited about a certain feature of the game. If Polyphony stuffs it up then that's their problem, not his.
The person responsible for GPS stuff like the logger and maybe the MoTeC i2 Pro thing in this update is interestingly enough to the left of me on the SLS AMG GT3 video I posted earlier. He has good attention to detail and proud of his work so hopefully final product is something that is of very high quality.

I still put GT6 daily to keep my log-in bonus maxed but have not driven in about 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to trying this today if I ever get home through this damn traffic!!!

If you don't share their opinion it somehow means you're evil and against them. I used to love the game, now I don't, so I therefore am evil and not allowed to express my opinions. :sly:
No, you're just annoying, that's all. PD can't please you, so rather than move on to something that does please you, it's ok to just hang around and spread negativity like it's required to keep you alive. I swear some people in here feed on negativity. OMG if something positive happens, we've got to stop it! PD can do no good! :rolleyes:

No, you're just annoying, that's all. PD can't please you, so rather than move on to something that does please you, it's ok to just hang around and spread negativity like it's required to keep you alive. I swear some people in here feed on negativity. OMG if something positive happens, we've got to stop it! PD can do no good! :rolleyes:

As long as I don't violate the AUP, which I don't believe I have, I'm allowed to express my opinion. I'm also still allowed to play the game even if I think it's severely lacking, a slightly polished version of an existing track and slightly polished sounds don't change my opinion on that. I never stated that others can't enjoy the game, or that they should share my opinion, I only stated that some of us are displeased with the current state of the game/franchise. If that annoys you, so be it. Won't be the first time I've annoyed you, but it will be the last. But I do agree, at this point it appears PD can do no good, which is why I'm bidding them farewell.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled v1.14 Celebration.

Interesting analogy. He just gave his opinion which was totally legitimate, this thread is about the update and he gave his opinion on the update, I don't see what's wrong. Please don't start an argument with me now
There's a difference between constructive criticism and adding more negativity to already relevant negativity that's spouted on this website. There's a thread for that already. This is not that thread. No one came here to talk negative about the update. Just neutral conversations. This is how other threads gets deleted. One person starts with their negative opinion that clearly doesn't belong on the thread then other unhappy sheep follow so goes from pointing out useful things to nit picking about things people don't like.

As long as I don't violate the AUP, which I don't believe I have, I'm allowed to express my opinion. I'm also still allowed to play the game even if I think it's severely lacking, a slightly polished version of an existing track and slightly polished sounds don't change my opinion on that. I never stated that others can't enjoy the game, or that they should share my opinion, I only stated that some of us are displeased with the current state of the game/franchise. If that annoys you, so be it. Won't be the first time I've annoyed you, but it will be the last. But I do agree, at this point it appears PD can do no good, which is why I'm bidding them farewell.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled v1.14 Celebration.

They made a whining and crying thread for whiners and criers....

You should have a look.

Believe still no dedicated thread (if so, my apologies), so info on Sierra stage 4:
  • Stage 4 of Sierra - Payout (200%) Cr. 3.100.000;
  • Loads of traffic, rain and absolutely insane AI (crashes into you and hard braking/steering);
  • Prize (gold): Nissan GT-R Nismo'14 (believe not tuned);
:)

Right so lets get settle some jimmies:

To the people that are enjoying this update: That's cool and all but attacking someone that's expressing their displeasure (as annoying to you as it maybe) doesn't exactly add positivity so it would be best to refrain from doing that. If you really aren't going to let the negative opinions get to you, then do not acknowledge them in that way because in the end you are allowing the negativity to get to you by responding in such fashion.

To the People that are not enjoying this game: Your complaints and displeasure have been noted repeatidly. I have no problem with the way you feel but let me ask you this: Are you actually "done" with the game as you say or not? There has been a interesting habit of saying one thing and doing the complete opposite. You're free to say you dislike the game but I'm not sure you're really "done" if you keep coming back to comment on a game you are "done" with.

Now that this fire been put out, lets get to the discussion.

Kind of. The sound is good, it just sounds like a terrible recording. You know when people try to record really loud cars on their phone and it sounds all messy because the poor little camera phone can't deal with the volume? That's what it sounds like to me.

I'm thinking the wind noise is what's contributing to that, which is find in Road cars but on a Race car it seems abit odd considering they have far better aerodynamics.

Could please someone try the sound of the BMW Z4 GT3 and the M3 GT? They had the one of the worst sounds in the game

I can try them, the sound samples I guarantee aren't improved but the onboard cockpit sound is.

The 1.14 Undocumented Changes thread is here.

Sweet 👍

It seems that the 'larger wheel sizes' didn't come in this update?

Additional customization options will include ... larger wheel sizes ....

bmw-m4-safety-car-gt6-7-638x358.jpg

They are there (Just for the BMW M4), just 1 size up.

Last edited:
all the negative vibes - my update has been telling me 3 minute to complete the install... for about 4 hours now.

Any helpful hints for me to get GT6 running like a TVR... hmm okay running like an Aston.

@Siren threads get closed because people can't accept that other people have a different opinion to them. No one had to quote him and start an argument did they? He expressed his opinion and others lashed out at him. If no one quoted him then that would be it and this stupid conversation wouldn't be happening.

I refuse to carry on being a part of it, you can reply to me obviously but please don't tag or quote me because I might be drawn to reply. I try my hardest not to get involved in these silly debates so I won't be entering the thread again unless you decide to make me.

To the People that are not enjoying this game: Your complaints and displeasure have been noted repeatidly. I have no problem with the way you feel but let me ask you this: Are you actually "done" with the game as you say or not? There has been a interesting habit of saying one thing and doing the complete opposite. You're free to say you dislike the game but I'm not sure you're really "done" if you keep coming back to comment on a game you are "done" with.

My PC doesn't arrive until Friday, so technically I guess I'm not "done" for a couple more days. I'll try to keep my opinions to myself until then. :sly:

Screen shot 2014-11-19 at 1.44.55 PM.png

There will always be negative nancy's in these update threads. I don't mind people who are unhappy with the game stating their opinion. I just find it VERY strange that people who have stopped playing GT6 altogether would even bother coming onto GTPlanet to go into threads about new updates just to poke fun at what some people are excited about. Why not spend your time on the iRacing forums or Forza forums extolling the virtues of your new favorite game? It's like breaking up with a girlfriend that you claim you can't stand anymore, but talking about her every chance you get with your friends. I just don't get it. I respect your right to do it...god bless America! I just don't understand why you would WANT to do it. That's all.

My PC doesn't arrive until Friday, so technically I guess I'm not "done" for a couple more days. I'll try to keep my opinions to myself until then. :sly:

Good to hear. Point is, a lot of people that have complained almost always claim that they are "done" and they've moved on only to appear again when a new update comes out and the whole thing starts again. I'm only saying that if you claim you are done and you moved on, coming back after each update and saying the same thing you said before isn't "moving on". I'm just putting out fires here.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and adding more negativity to already relevant negativity that's spouted on this website. There's a thread for that already. This is not that thread. No one came here to talk negative about the update. Just neutral conversations. This is how other threads gets deleted. One person starts with their negative opinion that clearly doesn't belong on the thread then other unhappy sheep follow so goes from pointing out useful things to nit picking about things people don't like.
Let me explain it simple:

Update makes the game horibbly lags and errors? Thats ok, we get it.

Complaining about sound and standard cars and features etc. since start/GT5 and thinking their opinion are represents majority thats goes all along cluttering up GT6 sections? No, we certainly didnt want to hear that for literally thousand times like a broken record and that is also derailing.

Yes! New toys! :D Happy to have another update! Nice job PD. However the issue with the HSV's sound in the cockpit not working is rather annoying as that was the best sounding car inside wise.

The only thing I'd wish they'd do is fix the BMW Z4 GT3's sound (it's beyond just usual acceptable GT-ness)...even just replacing it with the Ford GT LM Spec II's sounds and I'd be happy. But like previously said that's another issue...

Last edited:
Believe still no dedicated thread (if so, my apologies), so info on Sierra stage 4:
  • Loads of traffic, rain and absolutely insane AI (crashes into you and hard braking/steering);
I got a perfect score on stage 4 the first try. Earned me a good 1.7m+ points.

Just crazy AI. Couldn't believe it when a car swerved right into me. It is much more realistic and unpredictable. They should put this in the rest of the game, though maybe not quite as insane.

Amazing update.

New Club/Community features (photo-show , favourite cars , setting up events ,mssg ... ) looks promising and refreshing and while some might say all this should be here at release , it is finally good to see them come to GT6. As far as I've tested (web and GT6) it works fantastic (what a surprise on day1) and only thing that bothers me atm is , we can't see club members .

Sound update (new cockpit sound remix and option to set up different mic position audio) sounds good and better than before.With dozens of cars I've quickly checked (standard and premiums) , the only one with problems so far is HSV GT500 , where there is no sound or is totally muffled in cockpit view. That can easily be "fixed" with choosing any other cam from new sound menu until they fix it ,so no big deal.

Updated Suzuka is welcome ,so are new Sierra event and Subaru VGT and despite visually doesn't look much to me (mix beetween BRZ and GTi VGT) ,car is fantastic and I cannot stop driving it.

Good work PD

There will always be negative nancy's in these update threads. I don't mind people who are unhappy with the game stating their opinion. I just find it VERY strange that people who have stopped playing GT6 altogether would even bother coming onto GTPlanet to go into threads about new updates just to poke fun at what some people are excited about. Why not spend your time on the iRacing forums or Forza forums extolling the virtues of your new favorite game? It's like breaking up with a girlfriend that you claim you can't stand anymore, but talking about her every chance you get with your friends. I just don't get it. I respect your right to do it...god bless America! I just don't understand why you would WANT to do it. That's all.

I've seen many people say they're done, yet in other threads they're talking about playing the game, and that is a bit silly. Until I ordered my PC, I never claimed I was done and I really don't want to give up GT6 because even though the game is (in my opinion) a shell of what it should be/used to be, the community here is great and that makes up for a lot of the game's shortcomings. Unfortunately, the community is also a shell of what it used to be and that means there's less and less reason to continue with the game. I'm sure we disgruntled players hold out hope that each update will give us reason to hang around, but are disappointed to see them continuing to take the franchise in the direction that they are. But again, all I did was state an opinion (which happened to be negative) and I was happy to leave it at that, but sometimes it's just too hard to resist swatting the hornet's nest when they start buzzing around you. :)

GPS aspect is 86'ed dropped, done, over, maybe in GT7, it was never promised in GT6. CM expect in 2.0 Dec. Its going to be GT5 CM if lucky a little bit better. Its the rumors. Its not ironic, Im content for whats in the game, but overblown expectations lead to hard landings when the bobble pops... Expectations built up as if CM is the be all end all is a set up for a big fall. Especially if all the real content is not doing it for you. Im just saying if he or anybody is expecting some great missing link CM with GPS build a track app, I would get a parachute ready.

Last edited:
Can we just get on topic and talk about the 1.14 Update please? If you got stuff to cry about, go to the Whining and Crying thread. Anyway, Subaru looks awesome man! Cant wait to run it. And the M4 Safety car is really cool, especially how you can have the choice of with/without lights! :D

I got a perfect score on stage 4 the first try. Earned me a good 1.7m+ points.

👍

Just crazy AI. Couldn't believe it when a car swerved right into me. It is much more realistic and unpredictable. They should put this in the rest of the game, though maybe not quite as insane.

Agree, but rear slamming does not qualify as agressive driving... :)

Back