Update 1.14 has Arrived! M4, Revamped Suzuka, Community Features

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 655 comments
I did find passing the AI at Sierra really terrifying since this had rain and when there's rain, there's that Spray and that is really unsettling when the AI decides to swerve out of line.

lol why is all the text in Japanese? I'm on the site and searching for clubs yet all the text is not English for some reason. Even a club I just made when I try to invite friends to it all the text is Japanese. I assume this is a bug, but weird since I'm on the American site.

I've seen many people say they're done, yet in other threads they're talking about playing the game, and that is a bit silly. Until I ordered my PC, I never claimed I was done and I really don't want to give up GT6 because even though the game is (in my opinion) a shell of what it should be/used to be, the community here is great and that makes up for a lot of the game's shortcomings. Unfortunately, the community is also a shell of what it used to be and that means there's less and less reason to continue with the game. I'm sure we disgruntled players hold out hope that each update will give us reason to hang around, but are disappointed to see them continuing to take the franchise in the direction that they are. But again, all I did was state an opinion (which happened to be negative) and I was happy to leave it at that, but sometimes it's just too hard to resist swatting the hornet's nest when they start buzzing around you. :)

The game is sooooo much more than it was with GT5,4,3,2,1 if you cant see that look in front of you.

lol why is all the text in Japanese? I'm on the site and searching for clubs yet all the text is not English for some reason. Even a club I just made when I try to invite friends to it all the text is Japanese. I assume this is a bug, but weird since I'm on the American site.

Strange, I'm on the American site myself and I don't see Japanese text.

Yes! New toys! :D Happy to have another update! Nice job PD. However the issue with the HSV's sound in the cockpit not working is rather annoying as that was the best sounding car inside wise.

The only thing I'd wish they'd do is fix the BMW Z4 GT3's sound (it's beyond just usual acceptable GT-ness)...even just replacing it with the Ford GT LM Spec II's sounds and I'd be happy. But like previously said that's another issue...

I confirm this issue. Until this problem is resolved by a hotfix (I hope), I choose a hood view

Strange, I'm on the American site myself and I don't see Japanese text.

I had the same issue. I was finding that it kept alternating. Try closing and opening it back up?

If somebody has to announce they have or are moving on why don't they ever just move on lol seems like they just want to say they moved on each and every update, do they really think anybody is fooled? How silly is it to use new content as a new reason not to play, and how self centered do you have to be to announce it.

Im just posting my opinion not directed at anybody

The game is sooooo much more than it was with GT5,4,3,2,1 if you cant see that look in front of you.

I played GT4 several days a week for about 2 years and never finished it (not even close). Some people completed GT6 in a few days. I personally never bothered once I realized I'd just be chasing the same rabbits I had been chasing for the last 6 years. Also, GT6 has no shuffle racing, no car trading, no paint trading, no horn customization, no mini-map customization, no tire/fuel wear or damage in arcade, no one-make races (aside from the handful they choose for you in coffee breaks), no rally racing, no endurance racing.........all things that were featured in the previous version of the game and were very useful. Those all happened to be my favorite parts of the game, now they're gone.

If somebody has to announce they have or are moving on why don't they ever just move on lol seems like they just want to say they moved on each and every update, do they really think anybody is fooled?

Because it's fun to poke the hornet's nest. :sly:

Yeah, you have a point. Since your favorite feature has not yet been added, I'd guess that you're waiting a bit to see whether future updates have that or not and how this new community feature changes the game. Correct me if I am wrong, but perhaps you're only coming back to GT for good if one of the next updates comes with a major modification to the single-player and online modes, or the course creator. Or both, why not?

It is your decision, it's understandable if you're still on the fence about playing the game more or not. :)
I will most definitely come back to GT6 if the Course Maker was worth to come (if improvements were made that is but I don't care about that). :)
You will be glad when Spec 2 arrives, but I fear you may be hugely dissapointed having invested so much in the course maker and its probably not going to be much other than a fluffed up GT5 version, and if thats what you need to enjoy GT6 (fake tracks) this is probably not going to get you ever wrong game in my eyes.
Fluffed up version of GT5!? Oh no that can't be true, we'll just have to wait and see first once it's arrives. ;) I also don't mind Spec 2.0 either, but the Course Maker is all I ever need because it was so much fun in GT5 for cruises, ya know? :)

I love this update 1.14! Thank you PD!

But there's one thing I am confused about. The release says:

BMW M4 M Performance Edition
The "BMW M4 M Performance Edition" has been added to Gran Turismo 6. After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Dealership] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home." This is a special model based on the BMW M4, designed by Gran Turismo following the specific of safety cars used in races like the Moto GP.

The term "M Performance" is a BMW property, is it not? I think the name is misleading because it implies this is a BMW model. This model is designed by Gran Turismo, based on the BMW M4. In other words, it is a Gran Turismo concept. It is not an "M Performance" model because it does not exist.

Maybe the license agreement between PD and BMW allows this type of liberty with model names but I don't like it. When Gran Turismo creates their own version of a real car, they should give it a name that reflects what it is.
"Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13" is a good example.

I will most definitely come back to GT6 if the Course Maker was worth to come (if improvements were made that is but I don't care about that). :)

Fluffed up version of GT5!? Oh no that can't be true, we'll just have to wait and see first once it's arrives. ;) I also don't mind Spec 2.0 either, but the Course Maker is all I ever need because it was so much fun in GT5 for cruises, ya know? :)
These community features are awesome. You have to try them, even if it's just for a few minutes.

I really don't like the cockpit sounds anymore. The filter they've put it through sounds like I'm trapped inside a cheap plastic barrel, It sounds very harsh & digital imo. It was a good idea poorly executed. Maybe it's time to hire a professional sound designer rather than getting someone in-house to do it.

👎

These community features are awesome. You have to try them, even if it's just for a few minutes.
To be honest with you TCR, I'm very tempted to try them out. It's just I have reinstall GT6 again cause my siblings needed space for a few games they don't even play anymore. It has 60GB which is why. >_<'

To be honest with you TCR, I'm very tempted to try them out. It's just I have reinstall GT6 again cause my siblings needed space for a few games they don't even play anymore. It has 60GB which is why. >_<'
Ask them if you can uninstall some of the games they don't play anymore. :)

Zahara's new event is one of the hardest events ever (to do perfect)... faster car, those assholes of AI cars with completely unpredictable moves and lines, and now with added rain, you see nothing... OMFG

I'm genuinely curious what you mean by this. Is the set to car/track/whole track thing not what you're talking about? :odd:

In GT5 you could zoom the map in or out. A lot of people would zoom it in real close so you could see when cars were beside you and this was an excellent way to avoid crashes when racing in close quarters. For some reason PD took that option away from us, and it was a very useful option.

I played GT4 several days a week for about 2 years and never finished it (not even close). Some people completed GT6 in a few days. I personally never bothered once I realized I'd just be chasing the same rabbits I had been chasing for the last 6 years.

Career is better in GT6 IMO because of A and S class. Previous GT, like GT5 without the secrete menu there were very few races that had any replay value or fun factor the first time around. In GT6 I get to use A and S clas with many many different types of car in events that have fun factor and replay value, something completely missing from every event in GT5. Having a bunch of crappy tedious events to run through that are quite simply not fun doesnt make a good career mode. Older GT took forever to finish because there was just so much BS events to go though. 24 hour races? I do not miss those killing my PlayStation

Also, GT6 has no shuffle racing, no car trading, no paint trading, no horn customization, no mini-map customization, no tire/fuel wear or damage in arcade, no one-make races (aside from the handful they choose for you in coffee breaks), no rally racing, no endurance racing.........

all things that were featured in the previous version of the game and were very useful. Those all happened to be my favorite parts of the game, now they're gone.

Shuffle and QM are close enough for me and the Community Features now kill GT5 by decapitation, car trading caused problems (sellers & hackers) and personally I don't miss it. The lack of used cars and all cars being zero mile cars & all cars being purchasable at any time is SMOKING GT5 & fully makes up for all of that. Paint Trading, & Horn Mods are fluff to me, glad to see them gone. Tire & fuel wear not in arcade is a Drag, but S Class has events, and there is always online rooms for practice, free run, and racing with tire wear and fuel loss, its not like you cant have those races with real people if you choose to. All of the racing you miss you can be doing if you choose to online without Ai.

Because it's fun to poke the hornet's nest. :sly:

Hate to say its obvious your just trying to push buttons, that's the sad part. Its all just a cry for attention.

Last edited:
I do too every now and then.
I happen to watch it a lot of the time.

So anyway, I like the new pace car and the fact I can now paint my BMW M4 Interlagos Blue. It's also nice to finally have the community features in GT6. I know this sounds crazy, but I kinda like the idea PD releases the GT titles before having everything. I know that the updates do create bugs, but I find something fun about getting a taste of something before the full version of the game is out.

Career is better in GT6 IMO because of A and S class. Previous GT, like GT5 without the secrete menu there were very few races that had any replay value or fun factor the first time around. In GT6 I get to use A and S clas with many many different types of car in events that have fun factor and replay value, something completely missing from every event in GT5.

I, personally, have not found any career mode races to have any replay value. I did about a quarter of them and it felt more like a chore than something fun. But I don't like chasing rabbits, and I prefer to race for more than just a few minutes. But that's just me. (So far as I could tell they were pretty much the same exact races from GT5 anyway).

Shuffle and QM are close enough for me, car trading caused problems and personally I don't miss it. The lack of used cars and all cars being zero mile cars & all cars being purchasable at any time is SMOKING GT5 & fully makes up for all of that. Paint Trading, & Horn Mods are fluff to me, glad to see them gone. Tire & fuel wear not in arcade is a Drag, but S Class has events, and there is always online rooms for practice, free run, and racing with tire wear and fuel loss, its not like you cant have those races with real people if you choose to. All of the racing you miss you can be doing if you choose to online without Ai.

As a race director, I found car trading to be very valuable as it gave a way to reward the winner of a championship. Now we have no way to reward anybody for anything. Same with paint and horns, good way to give prizes to winners.

Pretty much all of my racing with GT6 has been done online because in order to have something resembling racing I had to create my own leagues/clubs. I've done that for over four years, but it got old. See for yourself:

Capp Cup

Alfa-Z Cup

Silvia Cup

DTM GP

Car of the Month Club

GTPub Spec and Shuffle

BMW GT Challenge

Ferrari Festival

The Parity Club

Hate to say its obvious your just trying to push buttons, that's the sad part. Its all just a cry for attention.

Like I said, slow day at work.

VBR
I really don't like the cockpit sounds anymore. The filter they've put it through sounds like I'm trapped inside a cheap plastic barrel, It sounds very harsh & digital imo. It was a good idea poorly executed. Maybe it's time to hire a professional sound designer rather than getting someone in-house to do it.

👎
If you don't like it you can change it from sound options. Nice to see that is optional :D

Back