Update 1.14 has Arrived! M4, Revamped Suzuka, Community Features

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 655 comments
I, personally, have not found any career mode races to have any replay value. I did about a quarter of them and it felt more like a chore than something fun. But I don't like chasing rabbits, and I prefer to race for more than just a few minutes. But that's just me. (So far as I could tell they were pretty much the same exact races from GT5 anyway).

So you quit the career mode after doing the easiest events, deciding not to do the actual top level fun classes then complain like there are no fun races or replay value???? What do you expect? Like seriously if you dont see why your issue with career is yourself I will sit back and watch you because this is just good stufffff. However if your fun is in racing real people, running Ai will always be a weak substitute, what do you expect? Its not going to be like racing real people. It is what it is, BTW Sierra are challenging event to get perfect, quite fun. Anything like it in GT5?

As a race director, I found car trading to be very valuable as it gave a way to reward the winner of a championship. Now we have no way to reward anybody for anything. Same with paint and horns, good way to give prizes to winners.

Like I said, slow day at work.

I can see the use in that, but thats nothing to complain as if the game is ruined. Its the communities fault partially for selling cars and trading hacked cars.

I also don't understand complaining about a lack of fake tracks with the addition of many real tracks. GT6 just has so much more than GT5

1.14 just adds more to the list, New Pace car, M4 Mods, Sierra Time event, improved sound, community features. More cars, more tracks, more more more more, less fluff.

Last edited:
This is a quick sound comparison for those interested:

Man that Vette pre-patch with that puny rev sound at :53 is just cringe-worth! Yikes!! :lol: Hmmm hard to tell maybe these changes are just giving the samples more bass/more punch with some sort of echo effect? Youtube doesn't really do the audio any favors but at first listen it does seem like the cars sound a bit better. Can't wait to listen to it on my home audio system!

Now that the honeymoon period is over, let me give my thoughts

Viziv GT sound, still great love it, abusing it right now:D I've heard and driven straight piped Subarus, even ones with different exhaust setups and I still must say that PD got the sound right for this car. If you pretend the car has a 7500rpm redline (Typical EJ series motors have that redline) , it sounds like a real deal Impreza. The top end (9000rpm) sounds like the X2013 Junior but it still sounds good. I applaud PD for this 👍

M4 looks cool with the new stuff and I'll try the other things tomorrow.

One thing that I have a gripe with though is a factor with the onboard mic. I don't like the reverb used for the engine exhaust in the interior view, the wind and road noise is great but it's just that little thing that ruins it for me. I do understand that sound is a work in progress though.

Other than that, great update and I hope to see more!

I love this update 1.14! Thank you PD!

But there's one thing I am confused about. The release says:

BMW M4 M Performance Edition
The "BMW M4 M Performance Edition" has been added to Gran Turismo 6. After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Dealership] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home." This is a special model based on the BMW M4, designed by Gran Turismo following the specific of safety cars used in races like the Moto GP.

The term "M Performance" is a BMW property, is it not? I think the name is misleading because it implies this is a BMW model. This model is designed by Gran Turismo, based on the BMW M4. In other words, it is a Gran Turismo concept. It is not an "M Performance" model because it does not exist.

Maybe the license agreement between PD and BMW allows this type of liberty with model names but I don't like it. When Gran Turismo creates their own version of a real car, they should give it a name that reflects what it is.
"Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13" is a good example.

Yeah, I noticed that. PD did a slight of hand on us. It was clearly put out at SEMA as designed by BMW NORTH AMERICA. How it became designed by GRAN TURISMO, I don't know.

I woke up this morning and check gtplanet and as soon as I saw that 1.14 was avaliable to download I turned my ps3 on right away:lol: I been really enjoying the update so far. Finally glad that we got the community features. That's been one of the main features I been wanting. Love the vision gt Subaru and especially its sound:bowdown: Nice work pd. All we need now is course maker and bspec even though it wouldn't be really useful to me unless they add endurance races back. Also I hope they release the gt mobile app real soon:D

So you quit the career mode after doing the easiest events, deciding not to do the actual top level fun classes then complain like there are no fun races or replay value???? What do you expect? Like seriously if you dont see why your issue with career is yourself I will sit back and watch you because this is just good stufffff. However if your fun is in racing real people, running Ai will always be a weak substitute, what do you expect? Its not going to be like racing real people. It is what it is, BTW Sierra are challenging event to get perfect, quite fun. Anything like it in GT5?

I got well past the "easiest" events, but all of them were easy. I think the last one I did was one of the 24 minute races. The "top level fun classes" is still just a few laps (except for the whopping 24 minute races) where you start at the back and have to force your way to the front. I actually didn't mind the AI much, they were challenging for the few seconds I'd be near them. My issue is with the rabbit chasing format, the lack of qualifying, the lack of tire wear and damage, etc. Not my idea of fun, personally, but to each their own.

I can see the use in that, but thats nothing to complain as if the game is ruined.
To me, the exclusion of those things did ruin the game because the car trading, rally racing, endurance racing, one-make racing, shuffle racing, etc. were my favorite parts of the game.

I also don't understand complaining about a lack of fake tracks with the addition of many real tracks. GT6 just has so much more than GT5

When did I say anything about a lack of fake tracks? Yes, GT6 has more cars and tracks than GT5, but it has far fewer ways to enjoy those cars and tracks.

[/quote]1.14 just adds more to the list, New Pace car, M4 Mods, Sierra Time event, improved sound, community features. More cars, more tracks, more more more more, less fluff.[/QUOTE]

A pace car in a game without cautions is the very definition of fluff. So is the Sierra traffic-dodging event. We should have been able to mod the M4 when we got the car, with-holding that feature only to present it at a later date as "a new feature" is, well................ :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you stop quoting my posts, I'll stop clogging the thread with OT rantings. Deal?

Now that the honeymoon period is over, let me give my thoughts

Viziv GT sound, still great love it, abusing it right now:D I've heard and driven straight piped Subarus, even ones with different exhaust setups and I still must say that PD got the sound right for this car. If you pretend the car has a 7500rpm redline (Typical EJ series motors have that redline) , it sounds like a real deal Impreza. The top end (9000rpm) sounds like the X2013 Junior but it still sounds good. I applaud PD for this 👍

M4 looks cool with the new stuff and I'll try the other things tomorrow.

One thing that I have a gripe with though is a factor with the onboard mic. I don't like the reverb used for the engine exhaust in the interior view, the wind and road noise is great but it's just that little thing that ruins it for me. I do understand that sound is a work in progress though.

Other than that, great update and I hope to see more!

no it dont sound like a ej20 owned a 2002 impreza for 5 years its better but nothing like a real Subaru sound sorry

Thera are cars that sound better and cars that sound worse than before in cockpit because as someone spot before, there are no engine sound only exhaust and transmission.

Maybe we have to expect some fix or ninja update

Man that Vette pre-patch with that puny rev sound at :53 is just cringe-worth! Yikes!! :lol: Hmmm hard to tell maybe these changes are just giving the samples more bass/more punch with some sort of echo effect? Youtube doesn't really do the audio any favors but at first listen it does seem like the cars sound a bit better. Can't wait to listen to it on my home audio system!
I bet you people still makin fun of it.

interior sounds are better but that re-verb is horrid its like sound effect in virtual dj .. glad we finally got wind noise that gives a better sense of speed.. hope they send that reverb to hell sounds gash on my sony 5.1 system using small theater

Yeah, I noticed that. PD did a slight of hand on us. It was clearly put out at SEMA as designed by BMW NORTH AMERICA. How it became designed by GRAN TURISMO, I don't know.

If you do a quick image search for M4 Safety Car, you'll find it's very much a real car. Been used in MotoGP this year looking like this and without the stripes in DTM. The kit is direct from BMW M Performance in Germany.

Thera are cars that sound better and cars that sound worse than before in cockpit because as someone spot before, there are no engine sound only exhaust and transmission.

Maybe we have to expect some fix or ninja update

And the onboard/bumper sound doesn't work, even exhaust is silent in this cam. Have you found any more cars with this problem? I only found Honda HSV-10 in all versions.

If you do a quick image search for M4 Safety Car, you'll find it's very much a real car. Been used in MotoGP this year looking like this and without the stripes in DTM. The kit is direct from BMW M Performance in Germany.

I understand it's real. The point is, PD changed from saying it is made by BMW NORTH AMERICA, to designed by Gran Turismo. The car on the game(the one they took pictures of the light bar) is supposed to be the car at SEMA. That's what PD said we are getting. As it turns out, it's actually not because they changed the name.

Use the Pretend test I mentioned

lol pretend the scooby is a ufo ferrari but dont work that way , when u driven that engine over 45 thousand miles you tune into it. you really have to own one to appreciate it ... i know what your saying though :)

Okay, question as I can't hook up my PS3 YET. Where do you purchase the M4 Pace Car? In the BMW Dealership or the GT dealership?

I understand it's real. The point is, PD changed from saying it is made by BMW NORTH AMERICA, to designed by Gran Turismo. The car on the game(the one they took pictures of the light bar) is supposed to be the car at SEMA. That's what PD said we are getting. As it turns out, it's actually not because they changed the name.

OK, I was also responding to DGXR who said "It is not an "M Performance" model because it does not exist." It's all over the BMW Motorsport site and you can order the kit from BMW. All PD did is slap a GT logo on it and declared it Designed by Gran Turismo :-)

Tried 3 times to install it. if it fails a 4th time my PS3 is going out of the window.

It could be a lot of people are trying to instal now which is causing problems. Maybe wait a couple hours. This happens to me before with other updates for new OS etc

It could be a lot of people are trying to instal now which is causing problems. Maybe wait a couple hours. This happens to me before with other updates for new OS etc
When you're installing something you're not trying to connect to the servers. Installing is when the PS3 unzips and installs the update. Downloading is when you're connecting to the servers, which could be effected by having a lot of people connecting to the server.

When you're installing something you're not trying to connect to the servers. Installing is when the PS3 unzips and installs the update. Downloading is when you're connecting to the servers, which could be effected by having a lot of people connecting to the server.
Well you could download something and have it be corrupted during the process only to find out when it tells you it can't install

Ever since I've installed this update, I've had all kinds of server disconnection issues or can't even connect at all sometimes while trying to do and enjoy the new Seasonals. Anyone else having this or similar problems.

Just got this message, "The Network is offline" after this message: "A connection to the server could not be established." (ID=2:0) Really weird as it seems to be PD's servers having the issues. Played GRID with no problems and everything else works fine as far as my internet goes, I just keep getting these damn server errors and disconnects.

Back