Update 1.14 has Arrived! M4, Revamped Suzuka, Community Features

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 655 comments
Frozen Black Metallic M4-Murder
View attachment 258374

did exhausts always had that blue flamed color ?

anyway,
i'm proud that the thing i said about being able to choose the sound mic location is now implemented
:cool:
maybe they already had that idea and working on it or maybe they really read this forum and work on what we say

Great Update Podi !
continue that way !
"dōmo arigatō gozaimasu" :bowdown:

IMO it is a great sound update. It sounds amazing in surround (Small Theatre setting is my default) and it is phenomenal how the cockpit spatiality has finally been implented as it was in GT5.

Important move forward in any way.

Also, I tried many "normal" production cars and I love the proper grumpyness GT series lacked this far. Congratulations to PD for finding both motivation and RAM overhead to squeeze this into GT6.

I heard it myself, without video (though only used the exterior mic) and heard no pops. I'll try again later with a different type of mic.
Ok, just a few people I know have reported hearing the downshift pops. It could just be because I was blasting the sound out through my TV but then again we don't know for sure! :)

IMO it is a great sound update. It sounds amazing in surround (Small Theatre setting is my default) and it is phenomenal how the cockpit spatiality has finally been implented as it was in GT5.

Important move forward in any way.

Also, I tried many "normal" production cars and I love the proper grumpyness GT series lacked this far. Congratulations to PD for finding both motivation and RAM overhead to squeeze this into GT6.
I imagine it is a minor update compared to the major one due for GT7 so looking good on the sound front in future GT games. I wonder if Vision GT videos sound of the cars might be how the new sound engine will be on GT7.

can anyone get out of the slide show option what ever i press i am stuck watching my pictures

Only option i can see is power off or eject the disc ffs gt6 bug withing a minute of use with this update

Impressions of the update...

Community features are great. Looks really clean and functional, much improved from GT5 for sure. I'm not much of a community racer myself, but I can appreciate that it will be a very useful feature for creating Leagues and such 👍

VIZIV VGT looks amazing :drool: Especially in the Chrome Silver and Black/Orange colour scheme :drool: Sounds pretty meaty as well. You can put Dirt/Snow tires on it, but you can't change the ride height so it's pretty useless offroad. I can't wrap my head around the torque vectoring system either. It handles perfect at 8/10ths, but once you start pushing the system gets confused and you just get understeer-grip-understeer-grip. Also when you're accelerating from standstill it only burns the front tires. Looking at the settings screen it only has LSD adjustments for front wheels as well. So it's basically an FWD with some electric assist to the rear wheels :confused: Also the power curve graph is bugged, the peak power is much lower than the measurements...

Really bummed that Alfa VGT is gone :( Their model looks mostly ready too. I wonder what happened between them and PD...

Suzuka looks great at dawn and evening. Just gorgeous really. But how hard is it to open the barricades for East and West PD??? :mad: Also the old track should be removed. The track list is looking ridiculous with all the Suzuka and La Sarthe duplicates.

M4 Pace Car looks really good with the strobes at night. The base M4 is crazy once you tune it to 1000 HP. Could barely keep it straight coming out of corners on Sport Softs. Lots of fun 👍

The Sierra event. Oh my god. With the previous 3 events the density of AI cars get lesser as you move from Fiat to VW to GTO. But with this GT-R (which is exponentially faster than the GTO) the traffic density is equal to the Fiat event :scared: I passed 64 cars on my best run. Needless to say I had numerous restarts and expletives thrown around before finally getting a clean run. The rain doesn't help either. Oh, and someone mentioned modified AI cars and I can confirm this. I saw a Blue R34 GT-R with a rear wing and green rims :lol:

The sounds are...an interesting direction. The ability to choose different sound POVs are unexpected, and I can't see myself using anything than "View Dependent", but it's still a nice option to have. The cockpit view now sounds very bassy and distorted. It helps add the "grunt" that's missing from GT's sounds, but it just sounds really fake IMO. Maybe it's because I don't have a high end audio system, but playing GTR2 on PC (a game from 2006) with my $10 earphones sounds better than this. Overall I kinda love it and hate it at the same time. But it's still early days, and I commend PD for finally experimenting with their biggest fan complaint 👍 Perhaps we'll see the full extent of the magic on GT7 and PS4. Fingers crossed 👍

Last edited:
I know what you mean by it sounding like a bad recording, but don't forget it has 591 hp, and boxer engines are quite loud.

I'm trying to take that into account.

Boxer engines in particular aren't any noisier than any other engine, although the fact that it's more or less a race engine means it's likely basically unmuffled. So what it should be compared to is other race cars, and unfortunately I spend most of my time running GT3s in iRacing.

Obviously it's a different configuration of engine, I think it's a straight six instead of a boxer four. But even taking that out of the equation the BMW manages to do away with all that distortion and roughness and still sound like a snorting race engine.

iRacing is running on PC and GT6 is on PS3 which there need to be some allowances made for, but the Subaru is not at a quality where I would be happy to say "that's about as good as it gets on PS3". It's a step in the right direction, but it needs some serious refinement. I can and have raced for hours at a time in the GT3, and the sounds never get old. I had to stop and turn the TV down after ten minutes in the Subaru because it was just starting to grate.

Frankly, FM4 had the same problem in some cars. There were some sounds that you just couldn't listen to for long periods because they were annoying as all get out. I haven't played FM5 enough to say if that's still the case, but I haven't found any. There's probably a few.

The sounds are improving. I'd be interested to hear them do a normal car, because all the cars that they've put out that have sounded "good" have be hardcore race engines. The Red Bulls, the Senna F3, this Subaru, none of them are what you would call quiet. I wonder how much of the "goodness" of the sound comes from that distortion that I'm taking exception to, and how much comes from them actually improving the quality of their sounds.

Did anyone notice that in the Daytona Seasonal, time goes probably much faster than 60x? IMO it's like 120x :D
And there are new Motec logos on Autumn Ring :)

I have heard plenty of subaru boxers straight piped and man those are really loud and DEEP growl i love it. its cool when you can feel your pants rumbling near them when they are loud they are just idling lol. what makes them "loud" is the low end rumble

Want to hear night and day?

Take any car, listen to Standard(old sound mix) and Camera Dependent(New sound mix) i'm impressed.

For any view.

For example a stock subaru BRZ in interior and exterior, compared to the standard old sound.

Interior has more intake, engine noise, exahust has more engine, less whoooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh especially in the higher RPM's amazing what simple correct sound mixing can do, now just fix the cars that just sound all out wrong, FXX, BMW race cars, etc.

But it actually shows some good recording on most cars.

Someone was definitely hired that knows how to properly mix engine/exhaust/intake and wind sound, plus the echo is a great touch, especially on city tracks like london and madrid.

also noticed turbo whistle is very loud when a car is approaching.

Upon further inspection, tuned car exhaust are very loud, very raspy.in chase cam.

Last edited:

Boxer engines in particular aren't any noisier than any other engine, although the fact that it's more or less a race engine means it's likely basically unmuffled. So what it should be compared to is other race cars, and unfortunately I spend most of my time running GT3s in iRacing.

Obviously it's a different configuration of engine, I think it's a straight six instead of a boxer four. But even taking that out of the equation the BMW manages to do away with all that distortion and roughness and still sound like a snorting race engine.

iRacing is running on PC and GT6 is on PS3 which there need to be some allowances made for, but the Subaru is not at a quality where I would be happy to say "that's about as good as it gets on PS3". It's a step in the right direction, but it needs some serious refinement. I can and have raced for hours at a time in the GT3, and the sounds never get old. I had to stop and turn the TV down after ten minutes in the Subaru because it was just starting to grate.

Frankly, FM4 had the same problem in some cars. There were some sounds that you just couldn't listen to for long periods because they were annoying as all get out. I haven't played FM5 enough to say if that's still the case, but I haven't found any. There's probably a few.

The sounds are improving. I'd be interested to hear them do a normal car, because all the cars that they've put out that have sounded "good" have be hardcore race engines. The Red Bulls, the Senna F3, this Subaru, none of them are what you would call quiet. I wonder how much of the "goodness" of the sound comes from that distortion that I'm taking exception to, and how much comes from them actually improving the quality of their sounds.

This. I completely agree with this.

C'mon guy's, let's not start one of 'those' debates. Everyone's opinion will be different as not everyone sees the world the same as others. Point being, let's get back on topic and stop debating 'which game sounds better'. There is probably a thread for that somewhere.

Can anyone record the car sounds update ? Wanna hear all of those so bad. I don't have GT6 but i wanna hear it.

Last edited:

Regarding GT3 cars, they sound very loud in person. I think RaceRoom Racing Experience probably got best sounds in racing games. Here is sound of an SLS AMG GT3 I recorded with mobile phone but it sounds quite clear:

I wonder how GT6 sounds now for that car.

If all you care about is SSRX then so be it. All the cars that go much faster than stock need 2 things, an aftermarket gearbox (so they are not stock are they) and a looooong enough track for them to pass the real world top speed. It only makes as much difference as you spend time driving above the real top speed, since most tracks dont get there often enough for it to matter, it doesnt.

I also noticed only a 3 to 5mph difference on most cars, even with a adjustable gear box giving the gears more room. For example the Focus ST Ive seen hit 160 IRL, my stock car in the game tops off around 163mph last time I checked.

I also find a body kit reduces top speed, use it to offset the difference ;) honestly though as much of an issue as I have with incorrect top speeds I at least recognize how little of a difference it actually makes in the big picture. I think those looking for a reason to be unhappy will always find one.

You are completely wrong. Unrealistic aero physics are noticable above 125mph / 200 kph and they affect acceleration and with it - top speed. And this is not only about a top speed of a car, but any higher speed indication which is achieved on ANY TRACK. In other words, if you take high powered car (not some weak Focus ST) and try to see the top speed on the straight, you will get unrealistic numbers. For example, if you take Enzo on Fuji straight, and you get 320kph (200mph) and you think that's what will happen with this car on this track in real life - you are completely wrong. Unfortunately 'real driving simulation' is OFF by about 20+ kph for this particular example compared to IRL and GT5 where this car would do 295-300kph.

Also, it's not about top speed number only, it's about acceleration time (which is noticably faster in GT6) and also lap time, which is also affected by the physics. You drive faster on each straight, you get better lap time.

High powered cars are doing 30-50 kph higher speeds, above 300kph, than they should. It doesn't matter if it's stock or tuned. It doesn't matter on which track. And most cars have 'long' enough stock gearboxes to notice that.

And please, don't offer adjusting wings or adding weight or reducing engine power as solution. No. Physics must be fixed. Period.

Because of this flaw, I basically don't want to start my own time trials, comparing different stock and tuned cars against each other, doing solo track days, buying aftermarket parts and checking how they influence speeds and lap times, etc, etc. What's the point, if you get unrealistic results? I like simulation, not arcade. GT was always about simulation and in previous titles they did it quite well. Except with GT6

1. The Community UI looks straight from the android app. Companion app coming closer...
2. That shared favorite cars view.
3. VIZIV trailer sound fake? I show you. - Kaz
4. Again 1000 HP M4
5. Sierra penalty is much more sensitive.
6. That VIZIV Gallery view.
7. You can now put 2 gauges in M4
8. ALFA ROMEO HAS OPTED OUT FROM VGT!!!

The Bmw is a v8 :P

Also the forced back view has been fixed.

Also again the "cockpit view" is renamed to "driver-eye view".

P.S: Autumn Ring has a new sponsor. Guess which is it. (Its the most recent on compatibility list).

For people going on about Alfa Romeo being gone, isn't Italdesign still there? I thought Italdesign was considered a part of Alfa Romeo, if that is true, it was sort of redundant for Alfa Romeo to be there when their concept car would likely look very much like an Italdesign.

Back