Update 1.14 Undocumented Changes Thread

I don't know if this is actually new or just something I never noticed before, but I was driving around Rome and could hear the car traveling over the cobblestones.

VBR
It's always been called that, it's just us lot on the internet that call it Cockpit View. Same deal with Bumper Cam being called Normal View in-game. Watching replays is just as much fun as racing for me, use the menu features extensively.

👍
It was called "cockpit view" in my game before the update. I'd do a before-and-after, but I'm too lazy to uninstall this awesome update. :)
I don't know if this is actually new or just something I never noticed before, but I was driving around Rome and could hear the car traveling over the cobblestones.
It's been like that since GT5.

J_1BQBHTnPg.jpg

15642241498_6ff1b93d9c_o.png

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-new-amazing-way-of-photographing-your-cars-1-14.319995/

Last edited:
VBR
It's always been called that, it's just us lot on the internet that call it Cockpit View. Same deal with Bumper Cam being called Normal View in-game. Watching replays is just as much fun as racing for me, use the menu features extensively.

👍
It was definitely cockpit view before for me. Maybe it was region specific?

It was called "cockpit view" in my game before the update. I'd do a before-and-after, but I'm too lazy to uninstall this awesome update. :)

It's been like that since GT5.
👍

R33 with custom spoiler and green rims?
Sierra is full of strange things;
the nismo has number plates
standard cars with numberplates (i saw some old RX7 , alpine and a 'cuda with number plates, but i'm far from confirming this)

Those few Skylines you meet along the way are also WAY faster than any other traffic - just stick behind em for a while and you'll see

standard cars with numberplates (i saw some old RX7 , alpine and a 'cuda with number plates, but i'm far from confirming this)
The 1990 RX-7 GT-X (FC), 1991 efini RX-7 Type R (FD), 2002 RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD), 1972 A110 1600S, and 1970 AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel are all premium cars. The various standards can't get number plates.

Nitrous can now be enabled when the car is not moving. It makes a sassing sound stationary and when you floor the throttle, the sound gradually changes changes in the classic nitrous sound.
Also while driving, the nitrous sound has improved and is more adaptive to the throttle position.

Nitrous can now be enabled when the car is not moving. It makes a sassing sound stationary and when you floor the throttle, the sound gradually changes changes in the classic nitrous sound.
Also while driving, the nitrous sound has improved and is more adaptive to the throttle position.
I have found these things working before this update :D

Sport soft tires feel a touch more progressive in grip rather than a snap loss of traction. Ffb feels different but hard to describe. And the sounds are different.

So... They model the interior, but black it out on actual gameplay? I'm trying hard to be in peace with PD...

This makes me want to go to Japan; run into the PD studio offices; and shake my fist in the air at Kaz and yell "Why don't you finish modeling these dang cars, Kaz? We love you, but you don't make it easy." :irked:

@Johnnypenso - I can change my name again, even though I've already exceeded the 3 time limit. Don't know if this was changed before 1.14, or is a glitch as a result of loosing all my replays & using the Salvage Lost Files function.

I need someone who has reached the 3 name change limit to confirm this one, cheers.

EDIT: Confirmed by multiple sources, you can change your name a furthe 3 times in 1.14.

👍

Last edited:
The sound is clearly different.

The main differences are the adaptive reverb (small difference due to scenery, plus changes in the algorithmic "tail" in response to enclosed areas, mostly volume) and the cabin coloration, which are actually related in terms of how they're implemented. With the cabin coloration, there's an approximate structural contribution, too. The bass response of the coloration works well with a lumpy idle! :B

All of these effects are lo-fi, implying room for improvement on PS4.

The cabin coloration has three forms: closed road car, closed race car and open-top; their coverage correlates well with the classifications that PD uses elsewhere. They are not designed for use with samples, in my opinion.

The mix is more spatial again, and wind noise is back; the tyre / road noise contributes to the structural aspect I mentioned before.

I will let you know if I spot any new things as I work my way through the update.

In the meantime, has anyone found a way to clear the 66 "unread" news items on the left hand side without having to go through every single one of them individually and select them??? Being rather anal about these kinds of things I couldn't just leave the number 66 sitting there even though, well, anything that reminds me of my trip on Route 66 in 2012 is normally welcome...

VBR
@Johnnypenso - I can change my name again, even though I've already exceeded the 3 time limit. Don't know if this was changed before 1.14, or is a glitch as a result of loosing all my replays & using the Salvage Lost Files function.

I need someone who has reached the 3 name change limit to confirm this one, cheers.

👍

I am at the limit and have tried to rechange my name and it is not letting me make any amendments as the only option available to me is to "cancel" so it appears that this is something specific to yourself. Would be nice if someone else can try this and confirm though:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I will let you know if I spot any new things as I work my way through the update.

In the meantime, has anyone found a way to clear the 66 "unread" news items on the left hand side without having to go through every single one of them individually and select them??? Being rather anal about these kinds of things I couldn't just leave the number 66 sitting there even though, well, anything that reminds me of my trip on Route 66 in 2012 is normally welcome...

yeah delete them :) there all the same messages but implimented with the community feature menu style sort of stupid they flagged up as new

I hope this isn't something that has appeared in a previous update before:

I just raced at SSR5 and noticed that the headlights other cars now actually emit light, which refracts to close objects. Before the update, usually only your lights were lighting up the environment, other cars emitted small lights in front of the car.
From my observation, it works at least for two cars closest to oneself. And so far I have only tested it on SSR5.

I hope this isn't something that has appeared in a previous update before:

I just raced at SSR5 and noticed that the headlights other cars now actually emit light, which refracts to close objects. Before the update, usually only your lights were lighting up the environment, other cars emitted small lights in front of the car.
From my observation, it works at least for two cars closest to oneself. And so far I have only tested it on SSR5.

Since GT5 two cars actually lighting up the road

Since GT5 two cars actually lighting up the road
I just tested this on Nürburgring. There, only your headlights light up the the track. Other cars don't.

So either this is new on SSR5, or it was there all along and I have never noticed it before.

Don't know if this is new or not may need someone to confirm it, but on SSR5 at the tunnel I think the engine sound is amplified like it would in real tunnels now.

Back