Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
Not sure if this has been mentioned or was already available but I was able to put a racing number on one of my "normal" cars.

I'm loving the update, the game seems a lot more fun to play now.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or was already available but I was able to put a racing number on one of my "normal" cars.

I'm loving the update, the game seems a lot more fun to play now.

What do you mean by normal?

It's always been possible on premiums, but not standards.

One other thing, despite still flickering in the distance in replays, shadows seem improved closer up during races, especially from other cars closer up in front of you.

Well, not sure if its been like this since the major sound update or not, but i think the reverb on the tunnel sounds way better, much more realistic. Again, not sure if its been like this for a while or not, but it sure does sound well to me.
There was a sound levels change in this update, so it's quite likely that the reverb is more audible from the driving views.

In addition, the switching is more obvious, and that's most noticeable in the replay (trackside) angles. Previously, the "tunnel" reverb was faded in and out as the car went through a tunnel, and each of those dynamiclly 'verbed channels (one per car; possibly limited to a maximum number of "nearest" cars) fed into the main track reverb, as it should.

Now, the main reverb itself switches from the track mode to tunnel mode when the camera enters tunnels only. This results in audible popping. Cars do not sound like they're in tunnels unless the camera is in a tunnel now, a distinct change from the previous version.

The sound overhaul a few updates ago, that added the cabin resonance effect, also boosted the reverb level and scaled it more realistically with distance (for replays), giving the game a more spatial feel. That's when I noticed the reverb blending per car, and there was some early-reflection stuff going on (using the interior resonance filter tuned differently, at a guess).

That same update removed the "speed of sound" simulation, where sounds would lag behind visual events depending on their distance from the camera, freeing up some memory in the form of reduced sound buffer space requirement.
Removing the extra reverb channels in the latest update has further freed up some more buffer memory, as well as a bit of processing power.

It has worked with every vehicle I've tried since the patch. Even my 458 with fully upgraded 7 speed. You have to grab top gear with the paddles, but 1-6 work with the clutch. This was not the case prior to the patch. I'll do some more testing next chance I get, but it has certainly changed since the patch.

Strange enough. I tested the 458 with my G27 and the result is:
- custom gearbox = paddles only
- stock gearbox= paddles or stick, but using the clutch or not doesn't make any difference...

Some interesting interface bug. Previously not occur before update.
Hi ok ni kn kkCustom Image.jpg

Note the tire indicator but nothing else.

I hi hi Custom Image.jpg

This could be placebo effect, but it feels like they've increased the wheelspin you get when the turbo kicks in on turbo cars.

Back