Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
Lighting is fixed. Headlights seem to be on (wherever applicable), even during the daytime. Also, you can flip your high beams on an off during daytime and you can see the light faintly reflect off of the barriers.

Before, no prominent light would show up during the daytime, it would only have effect nighttime/dusk.

I may be wrong, because I observed this on a track with time change (progression: 1)

Lighting is fixed. Headlights seem to be on (wherever applicable), even during the daytime. Also, you can flip your high beams on an off during daytime and you can see the light faintly reflect off of the barriers.

Before, no prominent light would show up during the daytime, it would only have effect nighttime/dusk.

I may be wrong, because I observed this on a track with time change (progression: 1)
I've observed this on Mid-Field's tunnels, and Ascari where your headlights reflect off of the other machines.

@SavageEvil

Only when braking for a turn, very noticeable on Midfield where I mentioned before as it seems to be very bumpy as you brake into the left hander. Also at R246 at Shuto Ko Expressway and Marunouchi subway line. Clearly, there is this sort of heaviness and wobble effect

Is this a visible phenomena or just something you feel? I know that for probably as long as I've had GT6 that cars tend to squirm under hard braking, especially when doing late braking. I've always been surprised by this. The wobble you mentioned that you get at Midfield is that at the left hander into the tunnel before the finish line? Then that's the road surface as this same thing will happen on Sierra on many of the uphill decreasing radius turns, in fact on Sierra you'll audibly hear wheel hop chirps. If it's not there then it's possibly the same thing I noticed the body rolls unless you have rather stiff suspension settings.
My setups are designed for SH tires so having stiff setups won't help much as it's not an actual race car so some body roll is welcomed to make cornering a non grip loss affair. They are usually 8% stiffer than stock. I haven't played GT since earlier today, I'll check back with you once I get some time in the game again.

I tried to enter a National A race with my F40 but when the track loaded and selected race a warning box appeared saying "This race cannot be started. The race information is invalid". Also, I do not appear on the driver list and I can't even open my driving options.

It also happened on a race in Bathurst, also National A, I haven't had this problem before the update, has it happened to any of you or is it just me?

I tried to enter a National A race with my F40 but when the track loaded and selected race a warning box appeared saying "This race cannot be started. The race information is invalid". Also, I do not appear on the driver list and I can't even open my driving options.

It also happened on a race in Bathurst, also National A, I haven't had this problem before the update, has it happened to any of you or is it just me?
It hasn't happened to me so far.

I tried to enter a National A race with my F40 but when the track loaded and selected race a warning box appeared saying "This race cannot be started. The race information is invalid", can't even open my driving options.

Quit the game and restart it. ;)

Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo Race Mode
Gran Turismo

What does those mean? :confused:

It depends on the track. At Nürburgring Nordschleife it's always been like that. At Chamonix the headlights seems to have no effect (that I have seen at least).

It depends on the track. At Nürburgring Nordschleife it's always been like that. At Chamonix the headlights seems to have no effect (that I have seen at least).
Those are my favourite things to observe.
Many tracks of gt6 have the lights effect that works when you point the headlights on the things beside you and other stuff like the headlights that works when you are rear of a car ( arcade).On last point i had not a list of tracks and cars where this thing happening.
Here a list of tracks where the headlights works in the BARRIERS:
All the Brands Hatch's tracks
Bathurst
Willow's tracks
Daytona's tracks (day night version only )
Motegi (day night version)
Spa (day night)
la Sarthe 2013 and 2009(day night version)
Nurburgring's (gpf.d.vln.24h)
Midfield (all the versions)
Mathherhorn (all the versions)
Autumn Ring's
Apricot Hill
SSRX
SSR5
SSR5 Clubman
SSR7
Toscana

I should clarify that my list refers to tests made on each track after each update (all the gt6 tracks )with the 1.16 update , nothing changed, talking about what i told in my post up.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-16-general-discussion-thread.324552/page-6#post-10493964
I found this post relating to what you were talking about with the steering wheel issues, but I don't think it's all of it (i.e., missing videos). Can you direct me to your findings / solution to the problem? I'd appreciate it.

haha Well said. I was not referring to you, Mr. I-Can-Solve-The-World's-Steering-Wheel-Issues. That's fantastic what you've been able to... solve? I have to read your findings to see if it can help me out with that oscillation problem, but I don't know how to fix it from what you described (since you deleted the original post). I'll go have a good look at it after I get some food in my stomach. I'm really sorry you thought I was talking about you that whole time. It was about a post someone made that was basically about how unsatisfactory this update was to them, in a fashion that came off as, "This update was meant to please me!"

I didn't chastise that person even though I would have spoke up against them had it been during anti-PD overrun thread (this isn't that type of thread). There's a lot more to it (from my perspective). My gripe, which I didn't intend for it to offend (@TheProRacer) the person that put the negativity poster in their place, stemmed from an "ignore that type of negative post which doesn't belong here at all". I keep going off-topic, but I have to publicly declare I didn't mean to offend any of the people involved and I regret you felt you were unreasonably being singled out, when in fact, your original post belongs here more than my off-topic posts addressing these hopefully avoidable discussions (in the wrong thread; damn it, you did it again!)

I apologize to you, ProRacer, and even Johnnypenso, whom I think shouldn't be to blame AT ALL for what's transpired. I, sincerely, take these situations to heart and only want people to understand there's a time and a place for everything, but on a forum, it should be open for discussion (... sparingly) over those kinds of posts I described in the post you thought was about your negligible steering wheel "fixes" :D (I'm joking, of course). I'll read through that post you made, and fingers crossed it helps me out.

Oh boy. Please, moderators and administrators, give me a warning at the most, if necessary, taking into consideration I didn't want to carry on going off-topic, though I had good intentions after continuing to post off-topic. I did try to contribute in my first few posts for this thread; I did the best I could do with limited knowledge (but a pretty decent understanding on how the gameplay mechanics work).

Ha ha :)
Yea I thought you meant me, as I was the only one who publicly posted "wrong thread" :)
Here is what I posted (videos included)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-16-general-discussion-thread.324552/page-6#post-10494716

Is this a visible phenomena or just something you feel? I know that for probably as long as I've had GT6 that cars tend to squirm under hard braking, especially when doing late braking. I've always been surprised by this. The wobble you mentioned that you get at Midfield is that at the left hander into the tunnel before the finish line? Then that's the road surface as this same thing will happen on Sierra on many of the uphill decreasing radius turns, in fact on Sierra you'll audibly hear wheel hop chirps. If it's not there then it's possibly the same thing I noticed the body rolls unless you have rather stiff suspension settings.
My setups are designed for SH tires so having stiff setups won't help much as it's not an actual race car so some body roll is welcomed to make cornering a non grip loss affair. They are usually 8% stiffer than stock. I haven't played GT since earlier today, I'll check back with you once I get some time in the game again.

Unfortunately I don't play regulary (once every fortnight) so could be lack of play time messing with my senses.

That left hander before the straight is where I experienced the wobble but the quick races I played at Nurburgring GP, I never felt the same effect.

Still, the cars I did race with all felt a bit weightier.

I'll just have to get back to you when I get more playtime.

Common error. Restart your PS3.

This one's a very minor change, but when when fast-forwarding, rewinding and restarting, there is no longer any few second delays (unless if the replay data is still loading).

Added to car list:

MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo Race Mode
Gran Turismo

First time I've seen CourseMaker mentioned in the gtmode section:

/gtmode/CourseMakerRoot.adc

where did you see this /gtmode/CourseMakerRoot.adc?

I noticed you can no longer get oil changes with a 0 miles car. The option is grayed out in pit services menu.

I think that is new to 1.16, at least I've never noticed it before. I apologize if this is already been posted, I had been keeping up with this thread for a few days but I fallen behind.

Edit. Had an EV GT Citroen. Never mind.

Last edited:
I just noticed "lights on in daytime" as an undocumented change. Before the update, I've seen lights on during the daytime on a couple cars. The 2000 Camaro SS and 1983 Fairlady 300ZX. The Camaro at Sierra, was racing with a friend and I kept thinking he was riding the brakes then when he applied the brakes I noticed difference. There were also times on that track when I noticed they would go out for some reason. I saw 3 levels of display. Off/on/brake. The Fairlady I noticed at Willow springs. All during the daytime. Maybe there's more to it.

Can I have a picture please, just to add some more details?
Confirmed B Spec only.

20150228_153945.jpg

I just noticed "lights on in daytime" as an undocumented change. Before the update, I've seen lights on during the daytime on a couple cars. The 2000 Camaro SS and 1983 Fairlady 300ZX. The Camaro at Sierra, was racing with a friend and I kept thinking he was riding the brakes then when he applied the brakes I noticed difference. There were also times on that track when I noticed they would go out for some reason. I saw 3 levels of display. Off/on/brake. The Fairlady I noticed at Willow springs. All during the daytime. Maybe there's more to it.
I have noticed my lights popped up and illuminated with my Countach while lapping the Nordschleife using the default day time setting. I specifically remember this because I was trying to figure out a way to get the popup front lights to shut off and lower, but I was not successful in my quest.

Back