Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
Lighting is fixed. Headlights seem to be on (wherever applicable), even during the daytime. Also, you can flip your high beams on an off during daytime and you can see the light faintly reflect off of the barriers.

Before, no prominent light would show up during the daytime, it would only have effect nighttime/dusk.

I may be wrong, because I observed this on a track with time change (progression: 1)
The illumination of the headlights on the barriers has been improved, for sure. (RouteX tested)

@Whistle Snap is there any information that you can gather that shows which of the added cars use AES for audio instead of the usual sound samples? I already know that all the RedBull cars use AES along with Senna cars and Subaru and now the Mini VGT. Are there any more that you can actually tell that run in this intriguing system?

I somehow doubt he can. because I think I know where he's pulling his information from ;)

But let's just put it this way:

Code:
57998:
x1_f_10
x1_10
x1_p_10

57923:
x2014_jr_14
ralt_rt3_83

57921:
x2014_std_14

57919:
lotus_97t_85

57917:
subaru_vision_gt_14

57913:
mini_vision_gt_14

57914:
mazda_lm55_vision_gt_14

Looks like the course maker is close to release, I await the myriad of complaints this site will no doubt produce and some folks on here are on par with many on the GAF.

Who knows. Parts of the CourseMaker (like an Icon or whatnot) have already been shipped in previous patches..
And still, PD manage to fully surprise us with a (insert Dr.Evil's quote gesture here) ""new"" course like Midfield 👍 - I appreciate that :)

And no, I won't explain where/how I pulled my information from. Either accept it, or ignore it.. simple as that :cheers:

Before you all saying that the mini lags because of the graphics, let me remind you that The whole VGT gallery view lags. It isnt previously.

This is not a discussion thread.

•Bugs and Glitches? Here.

•EW&C? Here.

I will be sorting what you find by time of post, and everything found will be put into the OP, with links. Good luck!

Pictures would be great, if possible!

Undocumented Changes:

•Handling changes, the cars feel heftier than before.

•When painting something, you can choose 'Select from a previously painted color' instead of digging through your paint chips. It is documented, but not explained. Link

•There appears to a perception change when driving, making the driving feel faster.

•If you save a replay, the gallery will show an A or a B next to it to signify what mode it was raced in. Link

•Volume of exhaust sound within interior view has been lowered.

•Hint of course creator scripting. Link

•Headlamps now run in daytime.

•The pit-stop dialog box in B-Spec mode has a message stating that it will close automatically. Link
Headlights don't run in day-time. That only works at Midfield.

i honestly only raced on midfield yesterday
so i don't know if it's a matter of track definition or if it's due to what every one reports
a change in weight or damping or something else
what i noticed, with three different cars, is that riding over rumble strip in a corner doesn't slow you down as before
before, when climbing the rumble with the front tire made the car car slowing down and even starting to slide
i don't have that feeling anymore but i've to test on other tracks like Suzuka/Spa/Tsukuba

on the other side, the netcode is still awfull, still a lot of disconnect, peoples who can't view/ear each others.
Well i tested others tracks and ... no .. no changes to rumble strips
only midfield ones feels better if you're not in a race car (with a lmp it's a nightmare)

Long time lurker. I didn't see it mentioned (in fact I registered to post this) but, if it's been said before, I apologize.

With the 1.16 patch you are now able to use the H pattern shifter/clutch regardless of the transmission configuration on the G27. Finally I can customize gear ratios and still be able to practice my heel-toe. Jury is still out for me on physics changes, but this has been a very noticeable upgrade for me.

Long time lurker. I didn't see it mentioned (in fact I registered to post this) but, if it's been said before, I apologize.

With the 1.16 patch you are now able to use the H pattern shifter/clutch regardless of the transmission configuration on the G27. Finally I can customize gear ratios and still be able to practice my heel-toe. Jury is still out for me on physics changes, but this has been a very noticeable upgrade for me.
Not with Dog-Clutch transmissions on non-stick shift cars.

It has worked with every vehicle I've tried since the patch. Even my 458 with fully upgraded 7 speed. You have to grab top gear with the paddles, but 1-6 work with the clutch. This was not the case prior to the patch. I'll do some more testing next chance I get, but it has certainly changed since the patch.

@DanStock is there differences between clutch what you use, pre update had some custom transmissions working with clutch and h-shifter when on stock and dual clutch, but not on triple.

If I remember correctly, you could use the H pattern gear box even with custom gearboxes but you didn't have to push the clucth pedal ? Is it still the case or now you need to push it ?

Wow, thats great to hear!

I never installed fully customizable transmissions because of that - now i can finally put more gears in the el camino and shift it with clutch and the h-pattern :dopey:👍👍👍

I stand corrected. I hopped into my rig for a few mins this morning to do further testing. It has definitely changed something with the recent patch, but it doesn't seem to "always" allow the H shifter. My S14, for example, still requires the paddles if you want custom gear ratios.

I do certainly have some cars with dog clutches that still allow the H shifter, but they seem to be the exception to the rule.

I did some serious grinding over the weekend to test the new patch and, car after car, they all worked with the shifter. Some that I was sure did not work before. That being said, I had always assumed dog clutch meant paddles only, so I guess this could have always been the case. Sorry for the confusion!

I stand corrected. I hopped into my rig for a few mins this morning to do further testing. It has definitely changed something with the recent patch, but it doesn't seem to "always" allow the H shifter. My S14, for example, still requires the paddles if you want custom gear ratios.

I do certainly have some cars with dog clutches that still allow the H shifter, but they seem to be the exception to the rule.

I did some serious grinding over the weekend to test the new patch and, car after car, they all worked with the shifter. Some that I was sure did not work before. That being said, I had always assumed dog clutch meant paddles only, so I guess this could have always been the case. Sorry for the confusion!
:guilty:

With the new "more camera shaking" improving the sense of speed, how fun is now driving with narrowest cockpit view! At least on my 22" monitor.

Another thing.. I've started using no ABS days before update but i think braking is now more fun and controlable. I've noticed 2 fases: loss traction when pushing brake hard, like going on ice and then the wheel start to vibrate. Was this vibration at the end of braking present before the update?

I doubt this is a new feature but back when they Added the "Bonus Log in" on that Red Bull Update, i remember if you didn't play GT6 for a day then the whole Bonus will start from beginning so for example if you have 5 days bonus then a day went by without playing GT6 then it starts on day 1 bonus once again.

Now when i didn't played GT6 for a day (i was sick and tired at that day) and then played GT6 the next day, the bonus login went from %200 (5) to %170 (4) instead of %110, just like how GT5 Daily Bonus Login works.

When PD did this? i don't remember being in the last update or so.

I doubt this is a new feature but back when they Added the "Bonus Log in" on that Red Bull Update, i remember if you didn't play GT6 for a day then the whole Bonus will start from beginning so for example if you have 5 days bonus then a day went by without playing GT6 then it starts on day 1 bonus once again.

Now when i didn't played GT6 for a day (i was sick and tired at that day) and then played GT6 the next day, the bonus login went from %200 (5) to %170 (4) instead of %110, just like how GT5 Daily Bonus Login works.

When PD did this? i don't remember being in the last update or so.
It's that way since I play, which is since the 1.03 update

If I'm at 5 it goes down to 4 if I don't log in for one day

Same for me. I don't recall it ever going back to 1 only after one day of not logging in. Its always went backwards 4,3,2,1 as long as I can remember. Definitely nothing new as far as this update goes.

Same for me. I don't recall it ever going back to 1 only after one day of not logging in. Its always went backwards 4,3,2,1 as long as I can remember. Definitely nothing new as far as this update goes.

Not new for this update, but it did used to to reset to 1, I'm pretty sure of it. It may have changed ~6 months ago?

Well, not sure if its been like this since the major sound update or not, but i think the reverb on the tunnel sounds way better, much more realistic. Again, not sure if its been like this for a while or not, but it sure does sound well to me.

Not new for this update, but it did used to to reset to 1, I'm pretty sure of it. It may have changed ~6 months ago?

Ah, alright , I'll take your word on it then 👍 because I honestly don't remember. I just know that it is nothing new from this update. :cheers:

Back