Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
While watching replays you can now choose from the quick option menu whether or not to display drivers names above the cars, previously they were always displayed.

hehehehe
That's a good system! I was thinking more of the Quick Matches, though.
I've learned, the hard way, not to go wandering into lobbies where I don't know anyone...

For Open Lobbies, only joining ones where SRF is disabled is a good starting point, as the majority of non-SRF rooms are full of clean racers.

Then you might be interested in the following clubs : 1004057 and 1001891

The battery icon on hybrid cars seems to have change
I tried in the b-spec mode on Toyota ts030 hybrid and it was different then I last raced it in a spec

I'm unsure whether I'm being silly here, but the TS030 sounds as if it actually is harvesting energy under braking now. Either I had not noticed it before or it is new.

I hadn't noticed any weight distribution effects.

image.jpg
The battery icon on hybrid cars seems to have change
I tried in the b-spec mode on Toyota ts030 hybrid and it was different then I last raced it in a spec

@TheProRacer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
That's good to know. I've just recently discovered the "sort by mileage" option and now I'm going nuts adding miles to my cars to keep the numbers over 100, 200, 300, 1000km :P

I miss the used car dealer. Cars with miles = cars with history.

I was wondering what the obsession with increasing car mileage was about but that last sentence was something of an explanation

PS: The undocumented changes thread always seems like the most interesting place to look when an update comes out. The stuff people find is often more interesting than what's announced.

I was wondering what the obsession with increasing car mileage was about but that last sentence was something of an explanation

Yeah but for me it's not accurate to have a '62 VW Beetle with like... 0 miles! Even if it was a brand new model, saved inside the factory, just going for the most basic places it should have more than this. I like to have all the cars available from start, but the Used Car Dealer should get back as an option to buy cars with mileage.

To me it looks like theres is whetet changes in grip or changes in weight distribution. I can floor a stock 350z on CM in tight corners at about 120 km/h without loosing the tail.
I drove this car a few days before and i dont remeber it that stable.

Midfield is amazing and my b-sec bob won the 10 minute races at international b without any help (i had maximum pp)!

Drove the Yellowbird again at Tsukuba, overall compared to 1.15, the braking and transition from entry to apex to exit is more refined. I usually have to be careful with sudden weight changes, but now it's smoother and easier to drive consistently at low 1:06s on CM. The 1st turn, the hairpins afterwards and the esses are more stable. Tire is the same IMO, but the rate of the weight being moved between axle and left to right is better. This mean the damper setup that I had in 1.15 works with better precision/feel.

Can we confirm this somehow? Isnt it just a placebo? but I feel like it was indeed changed

Its probably a placebo effect from seeing how slowly bob drives :sly: That said I did take over from him on a championship race and drove the Mazda LM55 for the first time and my god did it feel fast, Also when I drove the Lamborghini Diablo GT on Midfield this afternoon that felt ungodly fast aswel but probably just a placebo from Captain "bob" slow.

Guys.. since when could we toggle between the different headlight beams on standards?

What do you mean, exactly? Changing to high or low beam? We could do that already, but it makes no difference if you are looking to the headlights, just the luminosity on the track that changes.

Last edited:
So selecting beams is an undocumented change?? wow, awesome! amazing it isnt on the changelog.

Does it make a visual difference? I recall being able to adjust the beam a while ago, but with no actual effect on the lights themselves.

Double tree'd.

Latest Posts

Back