Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
Its probably a placebo effect from seeing how slowly bob drives :sly: That said I did take over from him on a championship race and drove the Mazda LM55 for the first time and my god did it feel fast, Also when I drove the Lamborghini Diablo GT on Midfield this afternoon that felt ungodly fast aswel but probably just a placebo from Captain "bob" slow.

I felt it too, but is hard to confirm as is just a perception.

I noticed it in my most used view, interior. I did the Nürburgring race a few times and the track felt frighteningly fast. And I have to say that the Ring is my most visited circuit.

Didnt really let bob do much driving, and the same here, Nürburgring just got scarier :lol:

Is the camber fixed?
icon_door.gif

Jerome

You could always change from hi-beam to low beam on standard cars. There's no visual difference on the car model but there's a visual difference in the environment. Do you people even play the game? :lol:

Not true. The Subaru BRZ Base Model is one of several models where it does not make any change to the environment when switching from High to Low beam, and that is a PREMIUM car. I've also noticed others that have the same issue. The distance and level of illumination is the same. The only real difference is the flashing during the transition. At least this was the case up to and including 1.15. I have not yet tested it since the update.

There is a definite, but subtle difference to the way forces are applied to the car body.

Put simply, it feels like whereas before cars merely had a resistance to rotation (pitch, roll, yaw), they now feel as though they have inertia.

That explains the at once freer, but also more hefty feel to any body rotations (which are what cause "weight transfer").

To help confirm this, I did a bit of stunt driving at Willow Springs and the Trial Mountain jump. Impacts and jumps seem to more realistically impart rotation to the car, but it's still a dead sailor in the air (aero model), and whilst the "break dancing" has been reduced greatly, the collision model still does weird things.

This inertia modeling could also contribute to the sense of speed, especially in cockpit view. The little jiggles and realistic resistance to larger impacts can be seen in the camera bobbing. Replays look more dynamic, also.

Not perfect, but a definite improvement nonetheless. Moreover, it's the direction I thought they should move in, in terms of priorities, so I'm glad they listened to me. :dopey:
(If only). :)

I have to agree with this. If it's placebo then it's a pretty big placebo effect, my Alpine A110 feels a lot heavier.
Ok i just turned upside down the gt-r gt3 by only using the handbrake, something has changed, a funny weight distribution now can put you out of the road

There are little changes to sound.

The mixing levels are slightly different. The main thing I noticed is that the engine and turbo sounds etc. are louder than before, compared with how loud the exhausts are.

Another thing is the tunnel reverb switching now follows the camera only. So the car can be in the tunnel, but if the camera isn't, no reverb switch. This seems to be PD playing with sound sources again, perhaps trying to balance the total number of streams (which multiple reverb inputs contribute to).

Following the removal of the delay buffers and the addition of the interior filters, perhaps they're still probing ways to get some real improvements into the game.

While watching replays you can now choose from the quick option menu whether or not to display drivers names above the cars, previously they were always displayed.
Pretty sure that came in a few/couple of updates ago.
Thinking about it, maybe you had to go into the options in the live timing screen whilst watching the replay.
I can't remember the exact location of the menu to do it, but it could be done.
If you did so it also turned off the names above the cars when racing online, haven't seen if it still has that effect since this update .

According to a friend, headlights effects in the mirror (bumper cam) are improved : lights of following car visible further, more "sparkle" in the mirror. Mid-Field with standard cars, Autumn Ring with BRZ GT300 when flashing. I didn't really paid attention to that myself today.

I did approx 30 laps on midfield last night with a car that I've been driving a lot lately, testing for an upcoming series, and I can say I didn't notice any difference at all in the handling, so I was surprised to once again see people claiming physics changes in the undocumented changes thread. I could be wrong, but I certainly didn't notice any changes in how the weight felt or the sense of speed. Note that the car I drove is identical in every aspect before and after the update, I didn't even change the tune, and I've driven it so much I would notice the smallest of changes to it's handling, as I've tuned it to handle how I want. It was EXACTLY the same as before 1.16.

Pretty sure that came in a few/couple of updates ago.
Thinking about it, maybe you had to go into the options in the live timing screen whilst watching the replay.
I can't remember the exact location of the menu to do it, but it could be done.
If you did so it also turned off the names above the cars when racing online, haven't seen if it still has that effect since this update .

I've just had a quick search through the previous undocumented changes threads and don't this see this changed listed in any of them........
Always having the drivers names above their cars in replays bugged me quite a bit so I'm fairly certain being able to get rid of them is a new thing.

According to a friend, headlights effects in the mirror (bumper cam) are improved : lights of following car visible further, more "sparkle" in the mirror. Mid-Field with standard cars, Autumn Ring with BRZ GT300 when flashing. I didn't really paid attention to that myself today.
I know that when the car behind was close enough, you could see them flashing their lights (since at least 1.15), but I haven't raced online since I've installed 1.16 but I'll keep an eye out for this this weekend hopefully.

You can now paint the rims on the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model
I was always able to paint the rims on the Nissan GT-R GT3 Base Model, but I couldn't on the one where Nissan wasn't written on it (I don't know the name of the actual car but it's a GT3), can someone look if we can paint the rims for this one?

Last edited:
I've just had a quick search through the previous undocumented changes threads and don't this see this changed listed in any of them........
Always having the drivers names above their cars in replays bugged me quite a bit so I'm fairly certain being able to get rid of them is a new thing.

No, it's not.
In fact, this option added loooong time ago... There you go...

You can now paint the rims on the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model

That's nothing new, I've had mine painted for ages.

Could be wrong, but seeking through replays seemed to load a bit faster on big tracks like the Nurburgring.

And I thought I saw it all with the arrival of a car that you had to drive while laying down (2X), gotta scrap it now.

Mind to explain that?

A glitch , i changed tires and this happened , backed out and raced again and it was fine , pretty fun driving without wheels !
Served for a good laugh.

I don't think there's much point asking anymore, according to my sources they stopped releasing tidbits of the code like that.

Back