Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
Understeer with the Mini vgt on BrandsHatch was also 'different' then before. But in a good way I've to admit. Yes there's more sense of speed. And when driving in cockpit mode also a better experience of driving the car instead of a changing the camera view to a cockpit surrounding. This may be a reason to switch to more cockpit viw races for me...

Not sure if its because I have a G27, but it seems when I get out of the draft of a car, I have a car that wobbles a bit. Steering wheel shakes slowly left to right then it clams down and all is good, but once I transition into a cars draft it shakes again.

This is not a discussion thread.

•Bugs and Glitches? Here.

•EW&C? Here.

I will be sorting what you find by time of post, and everything found will be put into the OP, with links. Good luck!

Pictures would be great, if possible!

Undocumented Changes:

•Weight Distribution change, the cars feel heftier than before.

•When painting something, you can choose 'Select from an already painted color' instead of digging through your paint chips. It is documented, but not explained. Link

The Mazda Miata Roadster TC's standard wing can be painted. Link

•There appears to a perception change when driving, making the driving feel faster. (TBD)
The custom rear wing that you can apply to that car can be painted, the standard one cannot be painted.

Just tested my Yellowbird replica with 469PS, 1200+kg, 37/63 distribution on Comfort Medium at Midfield Raceway, the RUF rides the bumps and rise with considerable feel of weight, stable and traction aplenty :P Love the RUF at Midfiled, the cornering balance feels very good. I drove the RUF yesterday at Spa on the same setup and tire. What I can feel from short 3 laps, the rate of the RUF weight shifted out of corner or braking is somewhat different - smoother and the tire reaction is much more progressive, same damper setup as 1.15 ( haven't changed the setup ). Managed 1:27s at Midfield on 1st lap :eek: :D
I drove the RUF quite a lot, testing at Tsukuba and Spa before 1.16 update.

Some highlight of the car at Midfield :

Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

Mid-Field Raceway_1.jpg

Mid-Field Raceway_2.jpg

Mid-Field Raceway_3.jpg

Mid-Field Raceway_4.jpg

I can confirm the Weight Distribution change. It takes a little more effort to make a car go sideways when drifting. You'll have to be a bit more aggressive with the turn-in.

Just headed off to work, so I won't be able to play for another 10 hours or so depending on download time, can anyone else confirm the changes to the AI?

If they increased the rubberbanding I think I'll just uninstall GT6 and reinstall GT5.

I can confirm the Weight Distribution change. It takes a little more effort to make a car go sideways when drifting. You'll have to be a bit more aggressive with the turn-in.
That sounds like a grip change. Weight distribution should be static, whatever comes with the car. Do you mean weight transfer? How the weight of the car moves when changing direction/braking/accelerating?

That sounds like a grip change. Weight distribution should be static, whatever comes with the car. Do you mean weight transfer? How the weight of the car moves when changing direction/braking/accelerating?
He's just quoting OP's error.

Force vectors are more realistic, front lifts more on acceleration, rear doesn't lose its weight during braking= less lift up, sideways movements presses more traction to outer tires and inner side maintains its own weight+ grip more realistically.
Even when putting better grip tires car body movements are now closer to real.
During braking body weight force vectors are now changing direction closer to real, body mass is pushed against front tires more realistic way.

There may be also have some small adjustments on tire compounds grip levels, or it can all be because of this weight transfer change or small changes to reducing softer compounds grip, and adding more on harder compounds.
did you try FWD cars? It sounds like they could be vastly improved.

Just tested my Yellowbird replica with 469PS, 1200+kg, 37/63 distribution on Comfort Medium at Midfield Raceway, the RUF rides the bumps and rise with considerable feel of weight, stable and traction aplenty :P Love the RUF at Midfiled, the cornering balance feels very good. I drove the RUF yesterday at Spa on the same setup and tire. What I can feel from short 3 laps, the rate of the RUF weight shifted out of corner or braking is somewhat different - smoother and the tire reaction is much more progressive, same damper setup as 1.15 ( haven't changed the setup ). Managed 1:27s at Midfield on 1st lap :eek: :D
I drove the RUF quite a lot, testing at Tsukuba and Spa before 1.16 update.

Some highlight of the car at Midfield :

View attachment 316952
View attachment 316953
View attachment 316954
View attachment 316955
View attachment 316956
Different tracks have different grip parameters. Wouldn't it make sense to test cars for physics changes on tracks you are already familiar with to remove the new track placebo effect?

Different tracks have different grip parameters. Wouldn't it make sense to test cars for physics changes on tracks you are already familiar with to remove the new track placebo effect?
I tested with 4 different cars, on track where I have recently tuned and raced a lot those cars. Didn't even test new track.
I tested cars: Cobra, CTR, CTR2, Izuzu117 with CS, SH,SS and RS tires on Nordschleife.

The grip limit is the same as before, CM tire breaks traction as usual, didn't feel any difference in the limit ( I drove it at Spa as well afterwards ) :) I should have worded it better, I mainly wanted to point out the way the Ruf brakes, coast on the corner and exits, also how the tire react when losing traction ( possibly more to the way the weight moves about ). I'll try it at Tsukuba later, see if I can get into 1:05s with same realistic pace as before. I already knew the grip limit by heart at Tsukuba, entry, cornering and exit speed, having spent 300+miles at the track with the replica.

I may also say that the damper was setup to be precise ( sharp ), firm and responsive ( it's how it behaved in 1.15 ) to maintain the 63% weight at the rear on CM tire, but now in 1.16, the damper seems to be mmm, don't know how to say it :lol: the reaction from braking or accelerating is more refined :P

Last edited:
If you save a Replay of a race, Time Trial..etc and then went to the Gallery / Replay / Library , you will see an A or B in front of the Event Name (depends if you save an A-spec or B-spec Replay).

For example:
[A] Japanese '90s Challenge: Race 3

Uploading some photo of it later.

EDIT:

M3yiqs1.jpg

Last edited:
I guess for what it is I am happy with it. A new track is always nice and at least they did add B-Spec even though it is more than a year past due. It is a shame that they still haven't added the course maker. Looks like PCars will be released before the course maker now. Maybe they will get it to us before Forza 6 comes out.

Of course we still have no leaderboards, can't gift a car or a tune, can't share a car and have no option to turn off collisions in online lobbies all of which are features I would rather have than any of the ones we have gotten over the last year.

GT7 will have to make a lot of changes before I will bother with a PS4

I guess for what it is I am happy with it. A new track is always nice and at least they did add B-Spec even though it is more than a year past due. It is a shame that they still haven't added the course maker. Looks like PCars will be released before the course maker now. Maybe they will get it to us before Forza 6 comes out.

Of course we still have no leaderboards, can't gift a car or a tune, can't share a car and have no option to turn off collisions in online lobbies all of which are features I would rather have than any of the ones we have gotten over the last year.

GT7 will have to make a lot of changes before I will bother with a PS4

I wish there was a way to filter the quality of racers in online lobbies, because sometimes it's fine and sometimes holy smokes it's bad. Some sort of driver rating or something like it. But that would also include figuring out the penalty system, which is absurdly broken. Just yesterday I was doing the Bathusrt Quick Match and coming into Turn 1 after the start, I got bumped by a dude that barely hit the brakes, which sent me into the car in front of me. Guess who got a 5 second Collision Penalty and dropped to last while the driver responsible for the whole thing drove away, having passed me and the dude I hit in the back?

I would be very much on board with car gifting. That would be great.

The 'sort by mileage' problem has been fixed, when you select it now all the previously un-updated 0 miles cars that do in-fact have mileage on them will show correct mileage and fall into order. 👍

That's good to know. I've just recently discovered the "sort by mileage" option and now I'm going nuts adding miles to my cars to keep the numbers over 100, 200, 300, 1000km :P

I miss the used car dealer. Cars with miles = cars with history.

Back