Update 1.17 Undocumented Changes Thread (READ OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 189 comments
I did the 24 minute Nurb race in the S class with the new Lexus for some odd reason. (I never do that race anymore.) It started with the replay cam and not the interior as you said it did with a rolling start. (which the race has.)
Tried it, nothing different...
It has always been like that. After more than a thousand 24' races on the Ring I probably would have noticed any changes... :)

i like the sound of the new alpine vgt (race version), when you up shifts the gears you can hear a nice sound from the exhaust, well done PD :tup
:Now fix it of the sounds of Bmw z4gt3 and m3 gt to..
Please fix the bug of driver's helmet that exit from the roof :gtpflag:(lil bit off topic)

For me, under my humble point of view, the tire squealing in the Lexus VGT sounds like the karts' squealing, as they sounded since release day.
Which is GT5 stuff... there the tyres sound like that. But this is probably refined again.
edit: Seems to be tied to that car. I also put comfort tyres on the Lexus VGT and the sounds are the same as RH.

Last edited:
Regarding the "moon crash physics", they look exactly the same as 1.16. But 1.16 looked different from 1.15 to me.

No changes to sound overall, that I noticed. But I agree that the tyre sounds for the Lexus are unique to it, aside from sounding like the kart tyres.

Which is GT5 stuff... there the tyres sound like that. But this is probably refined again.
edit: Seems to be tied to that car. I also put comfort tyres on the Lexus VGT and the sounds are the same as RH.
That's odd. What are they up to?

The new tire squeal sound in the Lexus VGT seasonal is just a reused sound from the go karts, just about.

Perhaps someone "accidentally" used the wrong code for tire sound and therefore accidentally made and unapproved improvement :lol:

It seems like I remember them changing the race compound tire sounds like that in GT5 at one point as well and it was a lot better than the screeching. Regardless, if they can't get it right they could at least change it to this and layer a little bit of the default screech into higher slip angles. It would give it that more hollow lower pitched sound anyway.

I could swear it sounded the same as the Lexus on the Alpine at Midfield as well. I'll try it again shortly.

I noticed the change in the sound of the tires doing laps in various circuits with the new Lexus, one is Sierra and the other is the one in the american dessert, I don't remember the name

Is the smoke same as it was before? im not sure but it looks like theres a change to it, can we confirm this?

Just a quick question, after the Custom Rear Wing update, did cars that have unique rear wings have the names changed for the wings?
Because unique rear wings are now called "Special Wing - Type A" as opposed to "Custom Wing - Type A".

If they have then I must be losing it or something.

I noticed the change in the sound of the tires doing laps in various circuits with the new Lexus, one is Sierra and the other is the one in the american dessert, I don't remember the name
Key Lime Pie? :P

You probably mean Willow Springs. ;)

Is the smoke same as it was before? im not sure but it looks like theres a change to it, can we confirm this?
I thought perhaps there was a more wooly / fluffy (in a kind of vague / not really there sense) apperance to them, and the screen-door / square-mesh effect seems more pronounced. They perhaps lowered the resolution of whatever it is they use to composite the smoke particles into the screen.

Didn't really pay attention to it in the last version, though.

Key Lime Pie? :P

You probably mean Willow Springs. ;)

I thought perhaps there was a more wooly / fluffy (in a kind of vague / not really there sense) apperance to them, and the screen-door / square-mesh effect seems more pronounced. They perhaps lowered the resolution of whatever it is they use to composite the smoke particles into the screen.

Didn't really pay attention to it in the last version, though.
tehehehe

and aw man...

Nothing noticeable after "down-grading" the smoke effects? Might they have altered them for reasons like that of the tunnel sounds to spare a PEACE of memory?

Back