Update 1.17 Undocumented Changes Thread (READ OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 189 comments
tehehehe

and aw man...

Nothing noticeable after "down-grading" the smoke effects? Might they have altered them for reasons like that of the tunnel sounds to spare a PEACE of memory?
At a wild guess it could be course maker related, but who knows. They were always fiddling with little things like this in GT5 as well. Just chasing that performance / quality tradeoff.

Just a quick question, after the Custom Rear Wing update, did cars that have unique rear wings have the names changed for the wings?
Because unique rear wings are now called "Special Wing - Type A" as opposed to "Custom Wing - Type A".

If they have then I must be losing it or something.
Where did you see "Special Wing"? GT Auto? Screenshots below are from 1.16.

upload_2015-3-18_17-10-14.png

upload_2015-3-18_17-10-36.png

By the way, if anyone wants me to check something on 1.16, just ask. I'm going to be holding off updating to 1.17 until a few hours.

View attachment 332902
View attachment 332903

By the way, if anyone wants me to check something on 1.16, just ask. I'm going to be holding off updating to 1.17 until a few hours.
I missed a couple of things with the sound, but I think they happened well before 1.17 - I'd greatly appreciate if you could keep a listen out for them.

The off-throttle tone of the Subaru VGT is much more sedate now (which seems to be the linked to the exhaust popping in the newer cars, too), and the idle of the AES cars is not rock-steady like it used to be waaay back when, there's a bit of noise wobbling it about (and it shows up on the gauges, so it's in the physics, not the sound only).

You can probably verify the idle easily: good candidate is the RB Junior with its 4-digit tacho. The other change is just something you'll notice once you update, if it was changed in 1.17 (I think it actually came in 1.15, with the Mini VGT). :)

I missed a couple of things with the sound, but I think they happened well before 1.17 - I'd greatly appreciate if you could keep a listen out for them.

The off-throttle tone of the Subaru VGT is much more sedate now (which seems to be the linked to the exhaust popping in the newer cars, too), and the idle of the AES cars is not rock-steady like it used to be waaay back when, there's a bit of noise wobbling it about (and it shows up on the gauges, so it's in the physics, not the sound only).

You can probably verify the idle easily: good candidate is the RB Junior with its 4-digit tacho. The other change is just something you'll notice once you update, if it was changed in 1.17 (I think it actually came in 1.15, with the Mini VGT). :)

I have a video with the Subaru Viziv VGT if you need, its well before 1.16

View attachment 332902
View attachment 332903

I can confirm this. When you go to change regular rear wings, the specialized custom wings at the bottom usually depending on the car are now called Special Wing - Type etc. instead of Custom Wing - Type etc.

Here you go. Half a lap of Midfield with the RB Junior and Subaru VGT.

View attachment 332902
View attachment 332903

Yeah, sorry I forgot to specify (it's rather late at the moment). The "Custom Wing - Type A" that you see in the first shot is now named as "Special Wing - Type A".

Sorry about that.

Remember, photos or nothing is real.

I'm sorry for the crappy quality but here you go:

Rg6HflM.jpg

Same car, view angle but obviously on 1.17.

Hope that helps mate!

The automatic replays seem to have had a couple of changes.

First, the movement of the stalks on the controller used to cause display of button assignments, such as saying that the Start button would terminate the replay. This display no longer happens, but the Start button still kills the replay.

Today, I accidentally discovered that the Triangle button causes a zoom effect in the replay. Is this new?

Here is a brief video showing what happened when I randomly pressed buttons. The zoom-in happened when Triangle was pressed.

This zoom-in doesn't seem to be available in normal replay, only the automatic replay.

The automatic replays seem to have had a couple of changes.

First, the movement of the stalks on the controller used to cause display of button assignments, such as saying that the Start button would terminate the replay. This display no longer happens, but the Start button still kills the replay.

Today, I accidentally discovered that the Triangle button causes a zoom effect in the replay. Is this new?

Here is a brief video showing what happened when I randomly pressed buttons. The zoom-in happened when Triangle was pressed.

This zoom-in doesn't seem to be available in normal replay, only the automatic replay.

The zoom in after auto-replay has been there since GT4 (maybe even before that). 👍

@Ameer67 Is there in GT Auto additional meters section more choices? Like various ranges for turbo gauge or speedometer, not to mention a 2D preview?

I checked the undocumented-threads and also documented changes for this, but I only have a handful of cars with these.
What do you mean?

Here you go. Half a lap of Midfield with the RB Junior and Subaru VGT.

Now that's above and beyond, thanks!

The idle is noisy on the RBJ (so that came before 1.16), but the Subaru still has its raspy off-throttle tone. Having just double checked in 1.17, it's much quieter off-throttle. So I'd guess there is a new volume control in the pipeline somewhere, that is throttle-position dependent, and that is also causing the pops in the exhaust sounds of the newer AES presets (that use the Subaru-style "harmonics" blending).

Still fiddling, then. :dopey:

Now that's above and beyond, thanks!

The idle is noisy on the RBJ (so that came before 1.16), but the Subaru still has its raspy off-throttle tone. Having just double checked in 1.17, it's much quieter off-throttle. So I'd guess there is a new volume control in the pipeline somewhere, that is throttle-position dependent, and that is also causing the pops in the exhaust sounds of the newer AES presets (that use the Subaru-style "harmonics" blending).

Still fiddling, then. :dopey:

Fiddling intensifies?

Fiddling intensifies?
I doubt they'll continue to fiddle once the course maker arrives... (except to fix things).

On an unrelated note, having left the Subaru parked (handbrake) on the racing line at turn 4 at Midfield, it appears to have rotated into the corner by itself. Only about 1 degree per minute, but that tyre model is still special. Actually, the hybrid system has been "recharging" (somehow) whilst it sat there, so it's probably that.

On an unrelated note, having left the Subaru parked (handbrake) on the racing line at turn 4 at Midfield, it appears to have rotated into the corner by itself. Only about 1 degree per minute, but that tyre model is still special. Actually, the hybrid system has been "recharging" (somehow) whilst it sat there, so it's probably that.

This rotating glitch actually happens on most of the new tracks (tracks that weren't in GT5) in any car. We cruisers are the ones who will notice these kinds of thing since we're parked 10% of the time. For example. I'll have the car parked with the handbrake engaged and go away from my PS3. Minutes later, my car is into the barrier. This has been there since the beginning of GT6. I don't know why this happens but it's annoying.

Yeah, sorry I forgot to specify (it's rather late at the moment). The "Custom Wing - Type A" that you see in the first shot is now named as "Special Wing - Type A".

Sorry about that.

I'm sorry for the crappy quality but here you go:

Rg6HflM.jpg

Same car, view angle but obviously on 1.17.

Hope that helps mate!
My question is, can we paint those wings now? :)

You really seem to trust the community.
Trust, but verify - Ronald Reagan

If you put every change in that the community came up with, you'd have a thread full of things that have been a certain way for months, or years and someone just happened to notice it after an update. Happens all the time. You need to verify every assertion to validate it's authenticity before calling it an undocumented change otherwise the thread is meaningless.

Trust, but verify - Ronald Reagan

If you put every change in that the community came up with, you'd have a thread full of things that have been a certain way for months, or years and someone just happened to notice it after an update. Happens all the time. You need to verify every assertion to validate it's authenticity before calling it an undocumented change otherwise the thread is meaningless.
Yeah, I know. But he could look it up by himself as well. Or if almost all people seem to agree that something has change you could probably take their words on it, but not always.
But like @vasiliflame said, it's hard to take photos of physics and sound changes.

So I would like a picture of his statement, or it's not true. ;)

From my quick go at the Laguna 500PP seasonal in the Honda S2000 LM Race car I'm pretty sure I heard the new tyre sounds.

Back