Update 1.17 Undocumented Changes Thread (READ OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 189 comments
It's been that way since at least GT3 or 4. I remember a review on GT4 mentioning it saying it was like Kaz was daring you to find faults in the graphics.
However, its only for the Career races. Plus at some point it removed in the earlier patch but reenabled again in the previous patch (1.16).

Also: On rolling starts, before you start, it used the replay camera before the patch. Now its straight to the drivers view.

This has started doing this to me, been playing for a little while and now at the start it goes straight to cockpit view. I only use cockpit view and so noticed the change, will try again later to see if it still happens.

I'm still skeptical of all these supposed "audio changes". Mostly because it's only add-on cars that it ever supposedly affects.

Yeah, I know. But he could look it up by himself as well. Or if almost all people seem to agree that something has change you could probably take their words on it, but not always.
But like @vasiliflame said, it's hard to take photos of physics and sound changes.

So I would like a picture of his statement, or it's not true. ;)
Fortunately we have "video" for visual and audio changes.
For physics changes, I'd recommend asking top-level aliens.

Internet without verification is ridonkulous.

This has started doing this to me, been playing for a little while and now at the start it goes straight to cockpit view. I only use cockpit view and so noticed the change, will try again later to see if it still happens.

.............I can confirm this too - I haven't been in the careers for a while since I don't need the credits anymore, but decided try out the new VGTs away from TTs and can confirm that races start almost immediately, rather than the loooong lead-in of before. Thanks PDI!!
As an aside, Auto Replay hasn't been killed off yet. Why....

The Honda NSX-R LM Prototype Race Car's side number box, missing in previous versions, is now there:
honda_nsx_r_prototype_lm_race_car_by_gt6_garage-d7fwcxp.png

Fuji Speedway GT_1.jpg

Now it looks much better :D

I'm still skeptical of all these supposed "audio changes". Mostly because it's only add-on cars that it ever supposedly affects.

Fortunately we have "video" for visual and audio changes.
For physics changes, I'd recommend asking top-level aliens.

Internet without verification is ridonkulous.
Yes, but he asked for pictures.
At least earlier thread-creators listed up some claims but marked them as uncomfirmed. But oh well. I still need to buy a memory card for PS1 so that I can play GT1. :)

Yes, but he asked for pictures.
At least earlier thread-creators listed up some claims but marked them as uncomfirmed. But oh well. I still need to buy a memory card for PS1 so that I can play GT1. :)
Just put the disc in your PS3 (you need to set up a virtual memory card before playing). :)

What a waste. Why don't they allow us to paint ALL wings? it's not that hard to allow us to paint every wings in the game, or is it?
Well, that's definitive. :P

It's a content thing: they have to go through all the wings and test the painting to make sure you can't paint the wrong bits, to check if the bits that should be painted somehow aren't and that there aren't any weird UV / vertex issues that affect the shading of the paint (that wouldn't necessarily show up with a traditional texture).

That would all imply that (some / most of) the wings were made before it was decided to allow us to paint them, and that's certainly true of the Standards. Hence why the newest wings, that use a parametrically morphed set of only a few models, are the only ones that can be painted, for now.

I tried the game again today and at all times the races started with cockpit view, this could definitely be a change.
Also noticed the AI seems to do a lot more weaving on the straights, I got hit several times while overtaking and out braking them. Probably just me though.

A possibillity, but since I've bought a PS1 I'd like to use it. Although, I have an HD-TV which people say PS1 games doesn't look as good as on older TV's. And I wanna use the original controllers as well. ;)
Yeah, you don't get that nice feathering of the pixels from the (low res) cathode beam on an LCD. In addition, your TV will be upscaling from the digitally sampled analogue input, which can look awful depending on the implementation. The PS3 can use minimal filtering when it upscales PS1 games digitally before sending it to the TV, which is either good or bad, depending on your opinion (there are a couple of options, but I forget what they do).

I tried the game again today and at all times the races started with cockpit view, this could definitely be a change.
Also noticed the AI seems to do a lot more weaving on the straights, I got hit several times while overtaking and out braking them. Probably just me though.

That was in the previous update, I always run in cockpit view immediately after an update on Sierra and there was no more fly by, just like a 2-3 second run before starting all from cockpit view. I thought it was mentioned in update 1.16 thread so I never thought to bring it up but I can assure you it's not new to 1.17. I haven't tried the seasonals since those had those really long fly bys before you start making restarting a race a serious commitment. I'll play a bit today to see if those have changed but I know in arcade mode it's been cockpit view and nigh on immediate race starting. With the weird times they give you control of the car and the start count down comes in super late, lol.

That was in the previous update,

Ok, cheers for that.
Having a lot of health issues lately so I'll blame the medication for not noticing. I do not do arcade, only the offline races and TT with occasional online so could be a gradual change, if not I need stronger medication.

Ok, cheers for that.
Having a lot of health issues lately so I'll blame the medication for not noticing. I do not do arcade, only the offline races and TT with occasional online so could be a gradual change, if not I need stronger medication.

No problem, it was immediately noticeable as I normally get to waste time before the camera set to in car and I get ready to drive, now you have next to no time for tomfoolery. It was like 1.16 landed and bam cockpit the moment the track loads up for the race and a few seconds before you get control, I can't get a text type and sent in such a short time(well a reasonable length text anyway).
Hope you feel better bro.

Just put the disc in your PS3 (you need to set up a virtual memory card before playing). :)

Well, that's definitive. :P

It's a content thing: they have to go through all the wings and test the painting to make sure you can't paint the wrong bits, to check if the bits that should be painted somehow aren't and that there aren't any weird UV / vertex issues that affect the shading of the paint (that wouldn't necessarily show up with a traditional texture).

That would all imply that (some / most of) the wings were made before it was decided to allow us to paint them, and that's certainly true of the Standards. Hence why the newest wings, that use a parametrically morphed set of only a few models, are the only ones that can be painted, for now.
Maybe they'll allow us to paint them in a later update or something, like they suddenly allowed us to put numbers on the SLS GT3 after a little while and then allowed us to paint a couple VGTs in the previous update (or maybe the one before).

Alright, I have no idea when this change occurred or even if it occurred, but in the dealership, the Hyundai Clix '02 may have been modified to Hyundai CLIX '02.

I noticed a change in the way cars are named on the in-race car/driver name hud (if the car name setting is selected rather than driver name . They used to have some names that would begin with sponsor name and then came model so the only visible portion of the name would sometimes be just a bunch of sponsorship names. NOW however im noticing that ALL cars have the manufacturer name listed before any sponsor name on the in-race hud making the manuf. name always visible. Good move PD. not sure when this changed but I am just noticing.

Alright, I have no idea when this change occurred or even if it occurred, but in the dealership, the Hyundai Clix '02 may have been modified to Hyundai CLIX '02.

A.K.A There haven't been many interesting undocumented changes this time :lol:

pretty sure because the color I painted the car is not available when you buy it.

A photo might make things clearer.

I'm seeing greatly improved stability since the update to 1.17

Previously, I was seeing total PS3 hangs often multiple times per day when either I left the console on a menu for hours or left Bob to drive for me.

It was so bad that after Bob had earned money, I would unfailingly make sure that the data was saved.

I don't think I have had even one hang since being on 1.17.

Anyone else experience this?

If a hang is freezing up and needing reset,(PS3 turned off and back on) now that you mention it, I have not done that once since 1.17.

If a hang is freezing up and needing reset,(PS3 turned off and back on) now that you mention it, I have not done that once since 1.17.

That's exactly what I mean. Hung to the point where the only way out is to press and hold the power button. If I had a buck for every crash report my PS3s have sent under GT6, I'd be a rich man!

Need someone to confirm but before this I was CONSTANTLY running into tires being "sunk" into the pavement. It was so bad I just stopped using photomode altogether. Which then led me to walk away from the game completely since it was the one thing that could still be truly different each time.

After 1.17 I haven't seen it happen yet. I haven't been able to spend a lot if time with it but out of 20-30 shots so far at Midfield, Nordschleife, and Silverstone I haven't seen it.

Need someone to confirm but before this I was CONSTANTLY running into tires being "sunk" into the pavement. It was so bad I just stopped using photomode altogether. Which then led me to walk away from the game completely since it was the one thing that could still be truly different each time.

After 1.17 I haven't seen it happen yet. I haven't been able to spend a lot if time with it but out of 20-30 shots so far at Midfield, Nordschleife, and Silverstone I haven't seen it.
Tyres sinking into the pavement has never happened to me before, not even back when the viewfinder for the camera in photomode was borked.

To those who say online has improved: I can't agree with you guys.

Over in our cruise club, we host lobbies where the track changes about every hour or so. Once everyone votes for a track, the track that won keeps loading and loading until everyone except the host gets disconnected. In today's room, 3 mass disconnects. It's just disappointing. We have tried changing the lobby quality and other settings, but the results are still the same. We've never had this many mass disconnects in one single lobby before 1.17.

Latest Posts

Back