Update 1.21 Released

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 1,542 comments

Considering the wait, are you happy with how the finished product appears to look?

• Total voters
Awful app,
-crashes every time I try to load .kml files created in Google Earth, had to convert .kml files to .gpx

-doesn't use elevation data from .gpx/.kml files

-doesn't use .gpx/.kml files to autogenerate tracks (you'll always have to draw tracks from scratch, files are just to serve as overlay for drawing tracks)

-when using files from real world circuits as overlay, it considers plenty of track sections as being too short and corners as being too tight!! lol

-doesn't use .gpx/.kml files to autogenerate tracks (you'll always have to draw tracks from scratch, files are just to serve as overlay for drawing tracks)
l

So you telling me that is the same as jpeg or png files? I hope with the next update they correct this aspect

Found a solution for my case!
I uninstalled momentarily the PlayStation app from my phone, and then the Track Path app redirectered me on the browser login. There it worked!!!
So if you have the PSN app on your phone, you should try uninstall it
Can this post be put in the OP?

Awful app,
-crashes every time I try to load .kml files created in Google Earth, had to convert .kml files to .gpx

-when using files from real world circuits as overlay, it considers plenty of track sections as being too short and corners as being too tight!! lol
Yep. The last final corners at NJMP thunderbolt are considered too tight.

Awful app,

-doesn't use elevation data from .gpx/.kml files

Does gpx/kml files have a right scale in app at least? I mean, if the track in this file is 6km long, will it be the same in app?

So you telling me that is the same as jpeg or png files? I hope with the next update they correct this aspect
yep, it's the same!
I thought that jpeg or png files would be to use as overlay and gpx or kml files would be used for autogenerate, but it's the same: all overlay

I spent a good hour making a kml path over my local racetrack only to find out that I would have to draw it from scratch inside the app

Plus it doesn't allow me to replicate the corners, says they're too tight! LOL a track that has WTCC races in it!!

Sorry not sure if this has been mentioned before, thread's a bit too active. :P (it probably has)

Anyway just in case, for those who don't have tablets like me you could just download Bluestacks on your PC and download the Track Path app there. I only needed to sign in with my google account to download it. Works just fine, though I haven't created any tracks yet. Will try some other time.

Sorry not sure if this has been mentioned before, thread's a bit too active. :P (it probably has)

Anyway just in case, for those who don't have tablets like me you could just download Bluestacks on your PC and download the Track Path app there. I only needed to sign in with my google account to download it. Works just fine, though I haven't created any tracks yet. Will try some other time.
How do you transfer tracks to PS3?

ye

yes, the scale seems to be correct

Sorry, I double checked and it scales completely wrong from .gpx files. I trusted what the app was saying, that it would scale automatically, but the main straight in my local race track is about 900m, and the best the app does is to scale the whole circuit so that the main straight has only ~650m!

My biggest complaints over the limitations, problems and issues with this app so far:

-doesn't use elevation data from .gpx/.kml files for the track, which means...

-... you have no control over elevation on the track itself. All you can do is use the default elevation from the themes provided as a guess.

- Have you ever thought about making a track on the edges of a precipice or canyon? Forget about it. You have no control over the surrounding terrain.

The import of terrain elevation data for the surrounding terrain and then to allow to either create a track there from scratch or use the elevation of .gpx/.kml files to place the autogenerated track in the imported terrain would be perfect.

-doesn't use .gpx/.kml files to autogenerate tracks (you'll always have to draw tracks from scratch, files are just to serve as outline for drawing tracks)

-Not only is the radius of the corners you want to make very limited (which is odd because plenty of GT6 tracks have way tighter corners), you also won't be able to make square corners like those found in the London circuit

- The scale the app uses from .gpx/.kml seems to be wrong

-Doesn't allow track sections to be "close" to one another, even though in real life they're 30+ meters apart!

- Forces tracks to have the same width throughout the whole track!
Real life circuits have sections/corners that are wider than others! They should allow 1-2 meters difference between sections up to the maximum width permitted.

- Limited track length, should be at least 25 kilometers.

For all these reasons, forget about trying to replicate most real world circuits layouts, even simple ones...
let alone long, complex tracks like Pikes Peak.
And i'm talking about replicating track layouts, not real world scenarios: a Pikes Peak track layout with trees until the summit would be fine by me...

looks on my desk, what do we have here under this dust ball, why it's a PS VITA!!!

Sony = Sony ?

pls port to PS Vita!

Got that SPK installed on mah Samsung S4 Phone (Come at me, PD :P).

Now, how do you guys do that importing a map and tracing over that? I don't think I'll be able to make a quality track from mah imagination :lol:

There is a step in the track creation to alloe you to Import "photos" from you PED.

Awful app,
-crashes every time I try to load .kml files

Well did you know that most current real world tracks are not per Grand Turismo ( soon FIA accredited) standards....

J/k
Blame it on the many limitations Pody imposes on us players/gamers/users.

Tips: i also notice d the delay and how slow the App responded to the inputs. I dont know if that due to my many opened apps... You might not want to rush it...

Also for the tight corners, you may want to zoom in as much as you can and break it down into many sections.

Good luck

@Primius Lovin agree on several things on your post, I'm seeing this v1.0.0 as good starting point, and really hoping at PD will continue developing this better.
Moving mask image, scaling image, moving whole track layout, marking part of track and stretching it.. So many small improvements what are easy to add on this.. So now we have base 0 track editor, maybe v2 is totally different.. :)

The hardest thing is scaling the track to the correct and how some corners are just impossible to make because "corner is too close" or something . Great idea. Mediocre implementation

Just realized that now we can make:

- Hill Climbs
- Tarmac Rallies (Hopefully, Dirt becomes an option so more traditional Rallies can be done)
- Cruising Roads (No more having to just use Sierra or some other random track)

Gonna download some community tracks now and see how those look.

Speaking of cruising, I was hoping for the ability to actually drive in the city of Ronda with all the tight roads and everything. Oh well.

Well I guess we can't do city driving for now, but we can do those wide open roads that flow through the country side. Throw in the weather and time settings and it makes it that much better.

Last edited:
Well I guess we can't city driving for now, but we can do those wide open roads that flow through the country side. Throw in the weather and time settings and it makes it that much better.
Just one problem - "country side road" look spoiled a little by "racing" barriers at the edges of the road.
Circuit de la Sierra have a lot of open spots without visible barriers, but creator's version haven't. Sad.
And that is the reason why I like Death Valley :)

Anyone know how to access reference pictures on the HDD from BlueStacks?

Right now I'm trying to import a reference image I made in PhotoShop and I'm currently stuck here.

pVjksty.jpg

Just one problem - "country side road" look spoiled a little by "racing" barriers at the edges of the road.
Circuit de la Sierra have a lot of open spots without visible barriers, but creator's version haven't. Sad.
And that is the reason why I like Death Valley :)

Who said I wasn't reffering to Death Valley? ;)

Country side roads was only an example of the kind of cruising roads we can do.

Back