Update 1.21 Released

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 1,542 comments

Considering the wait, are you happy with how the finished product appears to look?

• Total voters
What about in game? Would it be available to create a track in the GT6 game or only on tablets or iphones.
If yes that would suck big time if for mobile devices
It was possible in GT5, why not in GT6. I dont have a iphone and i dont want to own one cuz of course maker.
And i wont get one for sure no matter how good it is.
But its sucks PD if for mobile devices

Seemed great until I heard tablet only.

So some people will have to spend a couple hundred dollars to use course maker?

Whoever came up with that is a genuine moron.

See @MrDrWatson's post below, as it might be a solution. I know I'll either be testing that out, or borrowing the work iPad.

There are android emulators that you can use on your pc.
http://www.andyroid.net/

On the official GT6 site it says course maker will be added in future update . I don't see how an app fills that promise.

First, fixed. Second, even with the limitation of being largely app-based, the functionality being included in the game (being able to drive and share the tracks) means that the course creator will be in the game. Technically.

Time to load up GT5 and remind myself of my old test tracks.

Now, I know that course maker has been highly anticipated, and that most of you are disappointed that it hadn't come out sooner, but please know that there might possibly be bugs and some glitches while making courses. It's expected and just because it's taken a while to come out, it doesn't mean it's going to release perfectly.

Well, it is most welcome. I believe a good old "holy molly!" is in order.

Now the question I do have is... how will the AI fair on the created tracks?

The only clear response is "We don't know". I suspect that when the Course Maker update arrives for the game, we will.
Thats actually perfect. As long as we dont know. Im assuming it will arrive in game with an update.
Thank you for the response.

Unexpected news...now I feel hyped like I was in 2013!

Please have a city night time course with buildings so I can make Special stage 11 or something similar. ;)

What about in game? Would it be available to create a track in the GT6 game or only on tablets or iphones.
If yes that would suck big time if for mobile devices
It was possible in GT5, why not in GT6. I dont have a iphone and i dont want to own one cuz of course maker.
And i wont get one for sure no matter how good it is.
But its sucks PD if for mobile devices

iPhone? Jesus man don't get the most expensive smartphone out there, get an older model from LG or Samsung that does everything just as well. Apple will rip you off big time.

On the official gt6 site it says course maker will be added in future update . I dont see how an app fills that promise .
That's the thing i'm curious about also. Depends if converting an app for Ipad to an ingame PS3 feature is easy to do i guess. If it turns out that PD only worked on this app in all those months and didn't build a PS3 version of it to match...

I have a theory ( far-fetched , maybe ) :

It's early to tell , but assuming you can only create tracks from an outside device (Ipad - Android) , then maybe the track generation process can only be done on the servers . That might explain the delay , because the creator is more complicated than the last one in GT5 , they couldn't get it to run optimally on PS3 ( memory issues likely ) .

If the creator can be used in the PS3 , but only when online , that might confirm the theory .

Note : I'm not talking about rendering the track from the downloaded track files , the PS3 can obviously do that .
I'm talking about generating that file to begin with , calculating the track surface from the parameters , object placements , trees density , measurements and filling the rest of the track space . That might be too much for the PS3 .

Dont care if the cheapest or the most expensive mobile phone, i dont give a .... about these new mobile devices.
I have an 7 year old SonyErisccon C510 where the battery lasts 8 days. Never changed it and happy with it.
How much the battery lasts on today phones. 1 day if you dont touch it, am i right???

Cuz they are so complicated, you cant even have a normal phone call when you press something cuz everything is on stupid touch

App is available in Russian App Store, don't know about other countries.
Screenshots by @Dionisiy

x9GEArmw5pU.jpg

gqglLB6H_OM.jpg

H-yz4ucf4e0.jpg

kbUdz9INBLE.jpg

QavPl376IyM.jpg

1C7BUb9Si14.jpg

Kwwcun4yRXU.jpg

jee3QW9FISA.jpg

tX1FQHOccyo.jpg

pZfEz0M2xAw.jpg

Back