• 89 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Original thread format by @Johnnypenso

Every update brings with it the possibility of undocumented changes to the game. Please post any Undocumented changes you find in the 1:21 update and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found.

1. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes to the best of your ability.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do the best you can.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread created by @nowcontrol

Update Discussion Thread..........

New bugs, glitches, errors etc....

GTP News Section Article...........

Camber Discussion Thread.........

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-camber-fixed-discuss-it-here.321270/

Documented Changes

GT6 Track Path Editor
Track data can now be created by using a special app for tablets with Android™ (4.1 or later) or iOS (7.0 or later). Those tracks can be saved and imported into "Gran Turismo 6" so that they can be used within the game.

The "GT6 Track Path Editor" app is now available on "Google Play" and the "App Store" for free. A "Track Path Importer" option has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home" of "Gran Turismo 6". After the update has been installed, this option can be used to import saved track data from the tablet app.

Please note the release timing of the app may differ according to your country/region of residence.

With the "GT6 Track Path Editor", you can create a track by selecting from 4 different themes and the track can be used in Free Run, Arcade Mode, Open Lobby and in the Community area.

An overview of this feature has been added to the "Product" information page. Detailed instructions are also provided in the online manual; please refer to the Related Links at the bottom of this page.

Other improvements and adjustments
- Penalties have been disabled in "Free Run" mode.
- With the addition of the "GT6 Track Path Editor", the maximum length of best lap replays that can be loaded in the Data Logger has been set to 20 minutes.
- The engine sounds of certain cars have been improved.
- "GT Academy 2015" has been removed from the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in accordance to the end of the Online Qualifier period.

Undocumented Changes
- Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo has been added to the list

- Menu Music No longer changes when you enter gallery then exit immediately

- Standing start (with AI) is possible on "Touge" Tracks

Last edited:
If someone can try out the Toyota TS030. I feel that the FOV is improved for cockpit. I can see a little better. It seems they moved the view up a tad bit. I might be delusional though as I'm not sure but I can hit left corners a lot better than what I use to as I can see them now.

Direct link to the app on the Play Store: GT6 Track Path Editor
At this point it says it's incompatible with all of my devices, including tablets and my phone. Odds are you'll be able to sideload it if/when the .apk becomes available.
It says it's incompatible on my 5.0 LG G3 as well, but since the app has "1-5" downloads, I imagine the app is just being listed as incompatible with every device until it's ready to be released everywhere.

Direct link to the app on the Play Store: GT6 Track Path Editor
At this point it says it's incompatible with all of my devices, including tablets and my phone. Odds are you'll be able to sideload it if/when the .apk becomes available.

Same here. However i've added it to my wishlist and when checking it on my tablet, it says that the app is not available in my country. Doesn't say anything about compatibility

Same here. However i've added it to my wishlist and when checking it on my tablet, it says that the app is not available in my country. Doesn't say anything about compatibility

That's exactly what I did too :cheers:

The compatibility check was done in the browser on my Chromebook, since I couldn't find it by searching the Play Store on my devices.

Updated Playstation 3 and now the game and will try to help add to the sounds improvement list. I have an iPhone 5S and a 6S and hopefully the app works shortly here. For all the additional features I haven't noticed much of any slowdown in the menus systems so far. I would say there some areas that are sped up, but I am probably just recovering from being hit by the hype train itself as it crushed me and moved on towards GT7.

Screenshot_2015-09-30-12-45-23.png

I was letting the GT6 demo reel roll for a bit; there was a demo of Le Mans prototypes at Spa Francorchamps at dusk, car lights on. My mind had a little feeling going on; the headlights seemed more poppy and the lighting was actually a little more noticeable. Like, I could see the beams of light more clearly, or the cones, looking at it from an effect perspective.

I could be sleepy, but this needs closer examination; my brain had a funny little feeling as I watched the cars roll by with their lights on; something definitely looked different.

Ran a Premium Fiat 500 F on the Andalusia test track sample.
-Headlight convex seems improved so I agree with Elston87.
-Set time at 630am and the weather or cloud dynamic features appear to be improved. Haven't tested an old track yet to see if weather or dynamic time lighting is improved.
-The feel of the new track is already way less predictable than the GT5 editor. I like that track so far. Wish it was full 24 hour cycle.
-This is an odd car to test but sound seems similar although perhaps deeper in the resonance.

Ran the Eiffel Flat test course and it appears the replay angles are more intuitive and less repetitive than the old GT5 course maker. There is weather change on Eiffel flat and I feel it is improved. Confirmation is needed but I like the cloud changes and atmosphere changes I am seeing.
-Not 100% sure if all created tracks have these improved replay angles.

Can anyone test if broken top speed physics were fixed by any chance? (99% that they did not do that, but still worth trying) ?

Thanks

I don't know if this is new but you can scoll with the left analog stick the online chat. As I said, I noticed today for the first time. So sorry if this isn't new.

Has that multimonitor setup server mode been available without other screens?
Funniest of that option is that change of view angle, it changes also driving wheel turn radius :) crazy quick steering if 50% view angle is activated.

Has that multimonitor setup server mode been available without other screens?
Funniest of that option is that change of view angle, it changes also driving wheel turn radius :) crazy quick steering if 50% view angle is activated.

That's been possible for as long as multi screens have been possible.

Back