Update 1.32 (January Update) Now Available - 8 Cars and SS Route X

• Thread starter Tomsoft
  • 850 comments
Bought the Aston, had 12mil and couldn't resist its beauty :D

However, it's kinda weird that default tires for it are Racing Hard, feel like it's way too grippy for á 50's race car :D

Anyone else having this issue? I bought 3 cars but can’t access them. Says acquired but I have 0 remaining... I haven’t used my tickets yet...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 41
You can not like the cars, you can not like the track, but complaining about a free update is a bit hyperbolic. I complain too from time to time about no new hyper/sport cars, but its free so i don't keep crying about them. Im actually suprised and happy that PD is keep givin free cars and tracks. they could charge us but wanted to keep the game alive by allowing all the players to have acces to new content without splitsing the players.

The '56 Porsche is beautiful and super enjoyable to drive around. Easily my favorite car of this update and worth every single credit spent.

Yes, I'm disappointed with the new track being SSRX, since I don't care a bit about drag racing or top speed/tuning tests, but so far I can say I'm enjoying all the new cars, well except the Aston because I did not have 10 million credits to buy it :guilty:

So SS Route X is now set in America, okay.

Elon Musk made it possible. :D

On a side note, has anyone noticed any planes landing? I've seen them in the sky.

Yep, I took part in that. We suggested that SSR7 could be connected somehow to X but we weren't sure.

It was a great read at the time. The Vanishing Boy did a superb job on these threads, wonder if they still post on here? Would like to hear thoughts on SSX being back. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance they added SSRX because it’s one of the newer original circuits by PD, and thereby faster to upgrade for PS4 compared to original circuits having roots in the PS2 days and earlier?

I’m fairly convinced that SSXR hasn’t escaped its PS3 origins entirely, though. For example, pop up textures happen really late on some objects and the light poles alongside the tracks flicker in a way that reminds me of how environments were rendered in GT6. Anyone else noticing these things?

That said, the airport being more crowded, etc. injects some welcome life to the old location. Most things look great.

The '56 Porsche is beautiful and super enjoyable to drive around. Easily my favorite car of this update and worth every single credit spent.

Yes, I'm disappointed with the new track being SSRX, since I don't care a bit about drag racing or top speed/tuning tests, but so far I can say I'm enjoying all the new cars, well except the Aston because I did not have 10 million credits to buy it :guilty:
Try the replays on Route X, it's very cool. ;)

I tought route 10 would come with the pipeline section..... and all the rest that could have turn this boring track a bit unreal in a kind of crazy playground for crazy fast races... But no. Just the same very boring track. What a waste of time when you think that for the same job you could do laguna seca , spa ............

I bought some of the new cars on the pan store before starting the game, and they're in the purchase items category but it's not letting me collect the cars unless I use in game credits? Am I doing something wrong here?

Did some tests with the Tomahawk X on SSRX. Managed a best time of 2:47:663 with an average top speed of 653 km/h.

Among other things, I did some tests to determine the braking force of the Tomahawk X, which is (very) roughly 17.75 G’s when the flaps are deployed.

The Porsche 356 may not have a tonne of power but it doesn't feel that slow; until you look at the lap times:lol: But really, any car that puts a massive smile on your face is brilliant no matter the speed. Group 1 cars are amazing to drive but they aren't always fun. The 356 is just fun. And all the other cars I tested (Integra, Tuscan, 350Z) were brilliant to drive, even the Shelby GT350 which surprised me quite a bit. Who says we need more supercars?

AI seems to be broken on route X, suddenly increasing their top speeds while cornering by 20% without any slipstreaming involved, always having a rabbit you can never catch up to regardless of its car etc.

Good to see the new track was tested thoroughly.

AI seems to be broken on route X, suddenly increasing their top speeds while cornering by 20% without any slipstreaming involved, always having a rabbit you can never catch up to regardless of its car etc.

Good to see the new track was tested thoroughly.
Don't have that problem, got a 20 to 30 second lead in the GT League with Zagato.
Some races in general with cars like the Tomahawk X require precise steering on the cornering because you'll lose a lot of speed while the AI can do it perfectly thus keeping a solid speed
Well i'm saying as a pad user anyway.
I'll test more with different cars tomorrow

Don't have that problem, got a 20 to 30 second lead in the GT League with Zagato.
Some races in general with cars like the Tomahawk X require precise steering on the cornering because you'll lose a lot of speed while the AI can do it perfectly thus keeping a solid speed
Well i'm saying as a pad user anyway.
I'll test more with different cars tomorrow

Interesting. I tried with a N200, N400, Veyron and one make with a P1, pretty much the same result with all. I was barely losing 1-2 kph on the corners while the AI was suddenly shooting past me even when there was no car to slipstream from. How can a corner increase their speed like that? With the Veyron I was losing to a Mach40 even on the straight, so Bizzare.

If they do come out with SSR5, then I hope they make the scenery on the home straight more lively like in GT4. The home straight in GT5 and 6 was so dull, I almost felt like dying. And if they do come out with it, I hope it comes with the Clubman route.

Did some tests with the Tomahawk X on SSRX. Managed a best time of 2:47:663 with an average top speed of 653 km/h.

Among other things, I did some tests to determine the braking force of the Tomahawk X, which is (very) roughly 17.75 G’s when the flaps are deployed.

How did you reach 653kmh? What setting? :)

Latest Posts

Back