Update 2.10 - Major PP changes

• Thread starter crazy206
  • 774 comments
United States
New Jersey
crazy206
there might be more than just a corvette, but i could be wrong :)

GT.com
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- Adjusted Performance Point (PP) calculations to correct an issue where the speed of cars in races with PP restrictions would be unfairly set.

- Adjusted the engine sound of the Honda weider HSV-010 (Super GT) '11.

- Improved the force feedback control of the Thrustmaster TS500RS Steering wheel controller. This improvement will allow more accurate countersteering on dirt and while drifting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to try the Corvette on my secondary account because I'm running the 24h of Le Mans in my main account. But I'm afraid that if I update the game it might mess up with my ongoing race. Is there any problem? I'm just 5 hours into the race but I don't want to start all over.

I wanted to try the Corvette on my secondary account because I'm running the 24h of Le Mans in my main account. But I'm afraid that if I update the game it might mess up with my ongoing race. Is there any problem? I'm just 5 hours into the race but I don't want to start all over.

To play it safe I suggest not updating until you've finished the race. I've read too many stories of people having their races glitched when an update is released

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5
The main contents of the update are as follows:

- Adjusted Performance Point (PP) calculations to correct an issue where the speed of cars in races with PP restrictions would be unfairly set.

- Adjusted the engine sound of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (Super GT) '11.

- Improved the force feedback control of the Thrustmaster TS500RS Steering wheel controller/ This improvement will allow more accurate countersteering on dirt and while drifting.

Now a new fix for the Weider HSV 0-10 has appeared in 2.10. Seems to be a little less shrill yet I reckon its better than before.

I found this cool feature where the game shows "saving data" then the GT5 logo.
In a loop continuously, it's really cool. I'll try get some pics or vids

I found this cool feature where the game shows "saving data" then the GT5 logo.
In a loop continuously, it's really cool. I'll try get some pics or vids

Confirmed, I've also found this first thing!

Edited:
My HSV has a lot less PP now as well, full aero on stock it previously had me around 603pp, now its at 597pp.

Last edited:
Confirmed, I've also found this first thing!

Edited:
My HSV has a lot less PP now as well, full aero on stock it previously had me around 603pp, now its at 597pp.

How did you fix it?

It happens to me wether I use my original save or backup save.

If I start a new game, it works fine. Otherwise continous "saving data" & gt5 logo loop :(

How did you fix it?

If I start a new game, it works fine. Otherwise continous "saving data" & gt5 logo loop :(

Damn, I'm getting the same continuous GT loading logo but I have no back-up save.

Not a good day for a PD cock-up.

EDIT: I QUIT THE GAME AFTER IT GOT FROZEN AND LAUNCHED IT AGAIN FROM THE XMB, IT WORKS FINE NOW. I was able to install the new DLC and then proceed to GT Mode.

The PP is now crazy. My FF's seem to have retained their old PPs, but most of my 420PP cars shot down to the 360 range. My 450PP 330i shot all the way down to 398PP with 272HP and 1250kg. Is the new system completely broken or improved to help balance the slower cars?

How did you fix it?

I just quit my game via xmb and restarted. The problem seemed to sort it self out. I do have a bit longer GT logo screen in between every now and then.

The PP values are indeed going crazy. Stock GT86 @ 388pp, BMW's all got revalued drastically (stock M3 at 478). What the hell happened there...

The PP values are indeed going crazy. Stock GT86 @ 388pp, BMW's all got revalued drastically (stock M3 at 478). What the hell happened there...

I'm happy about the BMWs because they were kind of slow at any given PP, but some of them are crazy low now. 440HP 1480kg M3 Coupe. Wat.
On a side note, I'm going to test how broken the GT86/BRZ/FRS trio is by tuning the FRS back to 450PP. Or maybe cars as a whole have gotten slower? Who knows, PD likes to do things without telling anyone. Maybe the trio is barely competitive. I'll test lap times shortly as compared to 2.09 times.

Oohh, maybe they fixed the Elise and added about 50pp to it? I'm hoping they lessen the 'god' cars like the nsx, evora, m3gtr, etc. etc. so we can pick just about any car and be competitive.

Oh and I'll be backing up my game save beforehand, that is for sure :nervous:

Jerome

Oohh, maybe they fixed the Elise and added about 50pp to it? I'm hoping they lessen the 'god' cars like the nsx, evora, m3gtr, etc. etc. so we can pick just about any car and be competitive.

Every MR car I've looked at is at the same PP as they were before, as well as the M3 GTR. I only noticed my FR's being affected.

Every MR car I've looked at is at the same PP as they were before, as well as the M3 GTR. I only noticed my FR's being affected.

Only FR's, eh? Interesting. I would have thought if anything, MR's would get effected.

Jerome

Last edited:
Only FR's, eh? Interesting. I would have thought if anything, MR's would get effrected.

Jerome

i think you are thinking backwards, generally a comparable pp mr will outperform a FR, now that fr is lower pp, you can add hp/downforce, or lower weight to raise pp up to the mr,and maybe run with an mr at a given pp

Back