Update 2.10 - Major PP changes

• Thread starter crazy206
  • 774 comments
Just delete the game data (all updates) and dawnloaded again and everythings works just perfect... there are 20 updates, A LOT of MB...

Deleting all my profile save data ...:nervous:

Its mostly solid. I'm guessing it is stuck in a loop (still)
But it could be re-writing data for loads of my cars because of some rare combination of events..? fingers crossed. Gonna leave it overnight.

I'm just going to leave it looping and see what happens without deleting anything. Like I said in my pm, I think its just taking awhile to re-write the data since I have so many cars plus I was on my secondary account with alot less cars when I did the actual update. I'll let ya know what happens.

I don't know if it's more accurate but i liked the older one more. Maybe i just need to get used to the new one.

I got on just now to try out the Stingray and do some practice for a league race and noticed most of my cars' PP values have changed, some drastically!
I had my CLK '00 go from 600 PP down to 542! I've maxed out the upgrades on it and can only hit 587 now, woah.

Seems most of my roadcars haven't changed as much, but wow, don't get the logic here. I have to go test some of the cars to see if the parity's gotten better or worse.
Any other huge changes to report?

Just decided to delete the game data and re-install. I'll let you know how it goes in the morning. Hopefull this fixes the issue. Nothing can be easy, I swear. Off to get some Forza time in I guess.

As much as I don't think this needed a stand-alone thread, I can confirm it souds Much different.. I'm having mixed thoughts on what to think of it. It's a cool, never before heard sound in GT5, but on the other hand, there is no way the real car sounds anything like this :lol: but hey, I've never seen one in real life so my opinion is as good as anyones.

Damn, I was wrong... PD is stepping up their game man..
It's not perfect, but it's a lot closer than many cars in this game are to there real life counterpart.

Cerbera Speed 12 PP 2.09: 636
Cerbera Speed 12 PP 2.10: 570

Thinking now, this could better balance arcade races, where the speed 12 always gets murdered by competitors. This seems to affect many of the FR cars, because the modern Challenger/TC, the Viper SRT10 coupe, and the 370Z have all drastically reduced PP as well.

But from a driver/player standpoint, it's a massive advantage over other cars at the same PP level. Currently, my track Speed 12 sits at 535 PP, making my 549PP Honda NSX Type R "hypothetically" a better car on track.

In before "No Speed 12" lobbies?

Holy hell! It is pretty spot on now. Good job PD, hopefullly it is a sign of things to come in the sound dept. for GT6.👍

Holy hell! It is pretty spot on now. Good job PD, hopefullly it is a sign of things to come in the sound dept. for GT6.👍

I knew PD would listen to everyone. They must have record it again. Good work guys for getting PD to capture the real sounds of cars, which is good news for GT6. That's really great. Good job to you too PD, and thank you very much. :)

Kaz keeping his words, more tracks (for another gt dlc or next game) and better sounds, not perfect but way much better than HSV "1.0" way to go PD!

but i think it sounds like a Star Wars Tie-Fighter, nah just kidding.

is it just me or has the interior changed too? i don't really remember that box with Honda Racing in the center console, but then again i hardly ever use cockpit view.

I know I've posted this in the unannounced changes thread, but worthy of adding to this thread I feel, is this new sound not just copied from the GSXR-4, with a little bit of extra pitching/stretching for the higher revs this car makes?
Not that I'm bothered by it, I really love the new screaming HSV, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a newly sampled sound.

it still sounds very clean and digital (as per every GT car). listen to the real Super GTs on downshift and at low revs in the pits, they sound like monsters, somehow PD needs to convey that.

2.10 has pretty much ruined pp limited rooms. We had dominant cars before but they have just made it worse. Differebt cars but the gap has widened. Just try to keep up to a supra rz at 505 now.

Do they not qc the patches? Or are we the test mules?

2 years later, the online portion is what's keeping this title alive. To screw it up like this is inexcusable.

Eager for 2.11.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried shuffle racing since the update wondering if/how the PP changes will affect selection of cars. Could we get some new cars added to the shuffle?
I'm offline til the weekend or I'd check on my own.

Double-T
Has anyone tried shuffle racing since the update wondering if/how the PP changes will affect selection of cars. Could we get some new cars added to the shuffle?

Nice thinking... I will have to do so

Damn, I was wrong... PD is stepping up their game man..
It's not perfect, but it's a lot closer than many cars in this game are to there real life counterpart.

Yea it's actually very accurate in cockpit view and outside the car. The engine sound and exaust sound is very accurate. It's now on par with the LFA, and Zonda 7.3

I have yet to hear it but I that is good news to those who feel the sound in GT is not up to par.

Yea it's actually very accurate in cockpit view and outside the car. The engine sound and exaust sound is very accurate. It's now on par with the LFA, and Zonda 7.3

Yeah no kidding, Kudos to PD on that one. I guess all our crying does pay off :sly:

I don't think FF's were adjusted at all but many FR, MR's and 4wds were, dramatically increasing their performance for a given PP level. No way any FF's will be able to compete against many of the different drivetrains now. Probably end up excluding them from Shuffle racing would be my guess.

Latest Posts

Back