Update 2.10 - Major PP changes

• Thread starter crazy206
  • 774 comments
Only FR's, eh? Interesting. I would have thought if anything, MR's would get effrected.

Jerome

It makes sense to me, instead of making the fast cars slower, PD made slow cars faster. Maybe too fast. It's odd to me that FF's didn't seem to get affected, considering they're generally slower.

The PP is now crazy. My FF's seem to have retained their old PPs, but most of my 420PP cars shot down to the 360 range. My 450PP 330i shot all the way down to 398PP with 272HP and 1250kg. Is the new system completely broken or improved to help balance the slower cars?

To me it's broken.
Ex.
Two of 350 PP cars:

Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11)- 82 HP / 711 Kg
Corolla Levin GT-Apex (AE86) - 185 HP / 940 Kg

The really wierd thing is that the VW has a 8,64 Power/Weight ratio, while the Toyota has a 5,07...

How's that less "unfairly set"? :grumpy:

I am having problems with the update. It tells me that i have to download it, once i click ok, it restarts the whole system. What do i do?

Edit: Nevermind, i tried to update in my US account and it worked.

A quick test showed that a re-specced 450PP FRS only shaved .7 seconds off a lap at Eiger (only took one lap with cold hands, mind you, grip reduction real). It is now only a little behind the Elise in terms of lap times there, and I'm sure there is plenty of time to be made up considering it was a bad lap. Maybe it isn't as bad as it seems on paper?

i think you are thinking backwards, generally a comparable pp mr will outperform a FR, now that fr is lower pp, you can add hp/downforce, or lower weight to raise pp up to the mr,and maybe run with an mr at a given pp

It makes sense to me, instead of making the fast cars slower, PD made slow cars faster. Maybe too fast. It's odd to me that FF's didn't seem to get affected, considering they're generally slower.

My head is exploding for some reason. I think we are all on the same page, but just wording it differently?

I'm just hoping for more drivetrain balance, whether that is lowering MR's (and some RR's maybe? - RGT), and/or raising FR's. FF's being slower is fine with me, within reason of course.

At minimum, raise the Elise PP :wishluck:

Jerome

My head is exploding for some reason. I think we are all on the same page, but just wording it differently?

I'm just hoping for more drivetrain balance, whether that is lowering MR's (and some RR's maybe? - RGT), and/or raising FR's.

Jerome

Different wording, but yes, I think we all get it. MR's now seem to be the benchmark for performance in a PP category, and the PP of FR's has been reduced accordingly. This means more power and less weight for FR's so they can compete a little more evenly with an equivalent MR.

"The PP is now crazy. My FF's seem to have retained their old PPs, but most of my 420PP cars shot down to the 360 range. My 450PP 330i shot all the way down to 398PP with 272HP and 1250kg. Is the new system completely broken or improved to help balance the slower cars?
To me it's broken.
Ex.
Two of 350 PP cars:

The really wierd thing is that the VW has a 8,64 Power/Weight ratio, while the Toyota has a 5,07..."

By formula that Toyota should be a 430pp car and the Beetle a 355pp. The Toyota was a 351 so it does look correct now. The Toyota was a real sandbagger before.

SimonK
So he is suggesting there has been a significant physics change?

There has definitely been a physics change.

The tires seems to have different grip.

The grip seems to be a lot different than when I was online just 3 hours before.

The cars understeer and oversteer quiet differently. Tuning changes on (7 cars that i have tried out and about 4 of them for drifting) had to be made

@Polsixe: If you want to quote someone else, just click on the 'Quote' button in the lower right corner and it will fill in all of that stuff for you so all you have to do is type your reply. 👍

Jerome

All my SuperGT cars have dropped a few pp's (maybe 6 or 7) except my YELLOWHAT SUPRA '05 Which has dropped about 30pp. Haven't notice any others yet. I wonder if it will affect the 2J ??

Is my understanding that light cars have less PP than before, correct?
They should have done the opposite, if yes. I haven't played GT5 much over the past few months, but light cars have always been in disadvantage against heavier, more powerful ones.

I guess I'm just screwed, I've tried about 5 times now. Total Resets, Original Save, Backup Save. Dang

I'm having the same thing happen to me. My secondary account works fine, which is the one I was on when I updated, but my main is doing the same ecact thing. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. I have tried everything I could think of.

Last edited:
"The PP is now crazy. My FF's seem to have retained their old PPs, but most of my 420PP cars shot down to the 360 range. My 450PP 330i shot all the way down to 398PP with 272HP and 1250kg. Is the new system completely broken or improved to help balance the slower cars?
To me it's broken.
Ex.
Two of 350 PP cars:

The really wierd thing is that the VW has a 8,64 Power/Weight ratio, while the Toyota has a 5,07..."

By formula that Toyota should be a 430pp car and the Beetle a 355pp. The Toyota was a 351 so it does look correct now. The Toyota was a real sandbagger before.

Nop. That Toyta is a 387pp car now, and I actually had it at 400pps before.
My pp categories start at 350 and are divided by 50pp each, so it goes like: 350, 400, 450, etc.
Since it didn't reach the 450 I reduced to 400.
I do this to all my cars to see where they fit, and the lowest I get them in pp is as low as they go with their parts.
I barelly use the power limiter since it destroys a power band when used to extremes, so I never get past 98,5%.

And the big difference of the power ratios is what ticks me off. In my previous post.

Last edited:
So he is suggesting there has been a significant physics change?

I might agree that there could be some kind of a physics change going on, because my FRS doesn't feel quite as sharp as I remember it yesterday. It's still a breeze to drive, but it feels a little more understeery.

Does the hard drive light stay on when it tries to load? If it does, might be good to leave it on for a bit and see if that fixes it.

The HDD light is on, flickering a little even after 35 minutes...
Oooh Lawd.

I'm having the same thing happen to me. My secondary account works fine, which is the one I was on when I updated, but my main is doing the same ecact thing. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. I have tried everything I could think of.

The only thing working for me is Starting a new Game right now....
I wonder how many people this is going to affect

I only got to level 39 and bought my 1000th Car last night.... :ill:

A weak update, but an update nonetheless.

I'm just hoping for more drivetrain balance, whether that is lowering MR's (and some RR's maybe? - RGT), and/or raising FR's. FF's being slower is fine with me, within reason of course.

Jerome

I think PD is basically abandoning the idea of trying to equate performance levels of FF's on a PP basis with other drivetrains. Makes sense as it's much easier to equate all the other drivetrains.

The HDD light is on, flickering a little even after 35 minutes...
Oooh Lawd.
Depends on how much flickering. If it is only a little or more constant flickering that looks darker like when first starting up. Might be refreshing car list or something. Worst case, PD will update game again if it is a critical bug.

I hope you guys are all taking into account the differences between car PPs and not just the changes to individual ones. I see a lot of people freaked out that their PP went down drastically, but if it went down on every car it's not really a big effect. It just means you'll have to get used to lower numbers having higher performance.

Now, if some cars went up and others down, that's a major change. However, the key here is whether cars of similar PP have similar performance. If you're going to look into this, that should be the first thing you test.

There has definitely been a physics change.

The tires seems to have different grip.

The grip seems to be a lot different than when I was online just 3 hours before.

The cars understeer and oversteer quiet differently. Tuning changes on (7 cars that i have tried out and about 4 of them for drifting) had to be made

If you're right and it's not just a placebo thing that's another major change that they haven't documented at all. Really, PD, is it that hard?

Cerbera Speed 12 PP 2.09: 636
Cerbera Speed 12 PP 2.10: 570

Thinking now, this could better balance arcade races, where the speed 12 always gets murdered by competitors. This seems to affect many of the FR cars, because the modern Challenger/TC, the Viper SRT10 coupe, and the 370Z have all drastically reduced PP as well.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to connect to GT's servers after the update. It takes an age to load up, then a lot longer to load up GT Home, then it says I cannot go to the lobby menu because it cannot connect to the server. With PSN disconnected it all runs quickly (obvious exception being online).

I'm wondering whether switching PSN off will help the others on here who cannot load? Better to check than start a new game for nothing :P

I hope you guys are all taking into account the differences between car PPs and not just the changes to individual ones. I see a lot of people freaked out that their PP went down drastically, but if it went down on every car it's not really a big effect. It just means you'll have to get used to lower numbers having higher performance.

Now, if some cars went up and others down, that's a major change. However, the key here is whether cars of similar PP have similar performance. If you're going to look into this, that should be the first thing you test.

The PP adjustments are all over the board and range from minor to dramatic. Gonna be a while before it all shakes out but I think we're going to see a changing of the guard as far as what cars are competitive at they common PP levels in online racing.

Could upgrades bring PP back up ? Say a person were to tune a car with LSD, torque differential or suspension to make it act like an MR.

so i had the whole stuck at loading screen problem as well. i restarted the game it worked fine but now my problem is that i can access my favorite car list. the cursor just skips right over it. i was just using that list to change cars and now i can't.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to connect to GT's servers after the update. It takes an age to load up, then a lot longer to load up GT Home, then it says I cannot go to the lobby menu because it cannot connect to the server. With PSN disconnected it all runs quickly (obvious exception being online).

I'm wondering whether switching PSN off will help the others on here who cannot load? Better to check than start a new game for nothing :P

Tried that and its a no go.

What do you mean start a new game?

Deleting all my profile save data ...:nervous:

Depends on how much flickering. If it is only a little or more constant flickering that looks darker like when first starting up. Might be refreshing car list or something. Worst case, PD will update game again if it is a critical bug.
Its mostly solid. I'm guessing it is stuck in a loop (still)
But it could be re-writing data for loads of my cars because of some rare combination of events..? fingers crossed. Gonna leave it overnight.

I had upgraded a Saleen s7 to 600pp pre update. After the update it was 579. I upped it to 600pp. This seems to make sense as lap times were slower than most other 600pp cars I tried.
Corvette z06 (c5) '04 was at 600, now 566. Can't upgrade that anymore. It wasn't copetitive at 600pp. Now it might be at 566.

A Jag e-type was at 500pp. Now 436pp
I had a lot of etypes at 450pp. Now at 390pp. Maybe older cars can now compete with more modern cars at equal pp levels.

Back