Update Error?

• Thread starter dpixel8
  • 18 comments
:ouch:

I am trying to play online and everytime the "update" trys, it fails. My network settings are set correctly, and obviously I cannot read what the error says. Any clues?

Did a search also to no avail.

use the edit button. its probably either a problem with the server or a problem with your internet connection.

Some have said to not be logged into your PSN ID when you launch the game. Yes, I confirmed you can sign out of your account by going over to your friends list; hit triangle; select "sign out".

Launch the game, and sign in inside the game.

I just keep trying and it just hangs. doesnt show any progress in the progress bar. this is REALLY annoying

That happened to me too. But i solved it.

1º - Just start the game and when it ask's you to update select NO (left option).
2º - Now the game will start normaly
3º - Now goto GT-TV and update there (you need to have lots of free HDD space btw)

First time i tried it crashed at around 60% then i quit the game and turn off the ps3 and did the above again and it updated 100% ok.

PS: Try until it goes 100%, and this is the only way i know that updates 100% ok.

You don't have to turn it off. It also does not matter where you accept the update prompt, as it's the same piece of code. It will fail X amount of times, but will succeed eventually. Some (including me) have experienced that after X amount of tries, suddenly it will just jump from anywhere on the progress bar to 100 %, after which the update has been succesfully downloaded.

About the edit button, he's talking about the one below your post. You want don't want to post 4 posts without someone posting in between them.

And if you're talking about the second update - Just let it hang. Mine spend 15 minutes before the progress bar showed the first line of pixels...

Hi there.

I do not know about you guys, but for me, when the download halts (referring to the error), I am given two options. If I select the one on the right, the download stops there, and the data already downloaded is ignored. But if I select the left one, the downloading continues from where it previously was, i.e. not from the beginning.

I don't know, maybe I am missing something.

Regards.

wow this is so much fun. now i even took someones advice and deleted all my game-save data (had about 10 cars and 20M credits) just to try and get this update to work. To no avail.

thank PD.

wow this is so much fun. now i even took someones advice and deleted all my game-save data (had about 10 cars and 20M credits) just to try and get this update to work. To no avail.

thank PD.

Seems to work for everyone else... What does that say then ?...

thank PD.

A) Not a lot of people had that problem.

B) You DO know you are importing a game that is not meant to be for anyone playing outside of Asia region, right??

B) You DO know you are importing a game that is not meant to be for anyone playing outside of Asia region, right??

If this were truely the case, then the PS3 would not be region free (for games) straight out of the box. But, it is.

My question is, why isn't it region free for movies! I'm frickin tired of finding PAL movies that won't play.

If this were truely the case, then the PS3 would not be region free (for games) straight out of the box. But, it is.

My question is, why isn't it region free for movies! I'm frickin tired of finding PAL movies that won't play.

That's not a Sony thing - blame the movie companys...

yea ive been having all kinds of problems trying to download the update and now as i sit here reading this thread its starting to work better than it has the whole time. lets hope it works out.

Back