Update sucks

• Thread starter MrDuck1234
  • 385 comments
GTP_Drought
I hope im not the only one to think this but it sucks. Yeah the sounds sound great, handling is alright. BUt, online has turned into a huge bumper car fest. Im really not sure what they were aiming for here. PD should really try to communicate more about what they are doing. I kinda have no clue about the point of this update. :):dunce::yuck::ouch::sly::banghead:<my feelings

100% agreeing with you. Online is a disapointment. Its more punting than spec II..

Drifting is a lot more difficult than before if you ask me.
This update was a let down for me

You guys are scaring me here - haven't done online yet but will tonight - did a few arcade time trials and performance seems about the same but the barrier impacts are MUCH MORE sensitive.

Yes drifting is harder because there is tire wear now.

Really? Never really noticed...but I did wonder when It got more slippery as I drifted on..

First PD takes away Suz. from the PAL racers and drifters and now wanting them to play in newbie races or a oval???

Or even with the JPN racers at Fuji. Its packed with JPN racers the most I seen at one time was 9/11...

Yes drifting is harder because there is tire wear now.

please explain...some proof....or is this just something that you think you are experiencing??...
nobody has ever talked about this ,aslo not pd...

spyrrari.

I just raced several of the F430/GT-R/Z06 races and I never got punted plus all those wall riders are now being left in the dust, plus the wall impacts are much more severe in terms of losing control of the car in addition to the penalty.

well PD say they check on GT forums....i'd like to say summat but all you would see is loads of these*****, so i think this update stinks, tried the GTR/430/Vette action, punters still come out on top here and as for the 750pp at Fuji, if a caveman had access to this crap he'd get on the podium, no skill is needed what so ever, oh and again the punters come out on top....i'm well and truly pissed off

On Daytona I noticed that people would drive insane during the first lap so that they'd be permanently ghosted. Then they'd drive right through me. Not cool.

But overall, I'm still happy with the update.

100% agreeing with you. Online is a disapointment. Its more punting than spec II..

It's still spec II;) autumn update will be spec III

IMO people are only moaning because there's no expert Suzuka, add it to the list of track's and everybody would be happy

thus the reason why i opened this thread....THIS UPDATE SUCKS!!!!

let me get my moneys worth atleast....im starting to wonder how the full version is going to be. Im really disappointed.

I hope im not the only one to think this but it sucks. Yeah the sounds sound great, handling is alright. BUt, online has turned into a huge bumper car fest. Im really not sure what they were aiming for here. PD should really try to communicate more about what they are doing. I kinda have no clue about the point of this update. :):dunce::yuck::ouch::sly::banghead:<my feelings

Are you serious ??? I think its something else that must suck... oh, wait maybe its your driving skills, or the lack of ?!:dunce:
If what you say wouldn't be such nonsense , my feelings would be like > :banghead::banghead:
:grumpy:

@ scooby-wrx-sti : its sad, but I 100% agree:indiff:

The only reason there is more punting is because people have come back to GT to see whats in the update, the punting will die down after a few days.

Fuji Expert 750 has turned into a crash fest with shortcut and ramming penalties almost nonexistent. This has to be a mistake or a bad joke being played upon the GT community. This is a Beginners Class Race 100%. Update = MAJOR FAIL. :grumpy:

yup the update is major suckage not the mention the g25 has a lot different feel and it looks like it messed up my g25, each time I switch gear no matter what i always end up in neutral

Been racing Fuji 750 and I must say its going well... not getting punted as much.. just had some nice racing! and the penalties are also not affecting me much... I think that if youre traveling at a certain speed and your about to punt it turns you into a ghost... Im not sure but thats what it looks like.. For the rest Im pretty happy.... nothing to really complain about... think it got more competitive as well... put on some old my tunes and they were WAY above the PP I had before... so seems more matched up as well now.. I dont know...thats just my view ;)

I don't know i love this update so far, i just really dislike this thread:confused:
Ok i understand theres has to be a place for people moaning about, but seriously give it some time before start crying ...
I just love it , its like Gran Turismo now and I only hope it stays that way!!! :D

you know that you can't keep your foot on the accelerator anymore while shifting, yes?

Of course, but for some reason it always miss shift and i end up being in neutral

I tried both the amuse s2k and blitz er34 with the s2k everything is fine but with the blitz it seems like my shifter is messed up

I think there's good and bad points. Some of the penalties are much better, but i think there is too much ghosting now, just too unnatural.

I am just a little disappointed about the collision between cars. Every online race I got into ,I got kicked into a wall or into the sand and the other guy just kept on going.
I wish there would be damage. That would make it more real and less bumber-car like.

The Beginner races have got worst while Intermediate and Expert have improved. Done the Suzuka Beginner one earlier and it was a punt for all on the first lap with no penalties at all.

I am just a little disappointed about the collision between cars. Every online race I got into ,I got kicked into a wall or into the sand and the other guy just kept on going.
I wish there would be damage. That would make it more real and less bumber-car like.

I myself cannot wait for damage! I know the game designer Kazunori said in one of his down loadable videos he really did not want vehicle damage because he loves the beauty of the vehicles so much he didn't want to ruin the car! I REALLY hope he goes back to realism factor. It will be so choice, if you have the means I highly recommend it. Just watched my first episode of Super GT on youtube. The first race from season 1 and right at the start of the race someone gets spun out and the whole back end of the car gets torn off from the wall. He drives it into the pits, they slap a new one on and right back out onto the track he goes. It looked really cool to see the pit team work so fast.

Been racing Fuji 750 and I must say its going well... not getting punted as much.. just had some nice racing! and the penalties are also not affecting me much... I think that if youre traveling at a certain speed and your about to punt it turns you into a ghost... Im not sure but thats what it looks like.. For the rest Im pretty happy.... nothing to really complain about... think it got more competitive as well... put on some old my tunes and they were WAY above the PP I had before... so seems more matched up as well now.. I dont know...thats just my view ;)

I agree. The problem as with all races is at the start of the race (epsecially Fuji and Suzuka). I had three great races at Fuji although I have to say with no tire restriction, the grip is little on the arcade side.

Back