Updates on USB?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iaustin7
  • 6 comments
  • 862 views
Messages
543
United States
New York
Messages
gtaustin7
Hi, I do not have internet on my PS3 and I was wondering about something. Can I download the patches and put them on a USB stick and from there put it on my PS3?
 
Tried it yesterday as well as my PS3 just refuses to go online, even with real life help from professionals it didn't work.

I did get the 3.55 update to work yesterday through USB, but I couldn't find any place to download the GT5 update from.
 
The GT5 update is only an online download.
 
Ok, thanks for your help!
 
The GT5 update is only an online download.

Thanks for the confirmation.....already feared it though :( I'm just so desperate.

First, my PS3 just doesn't want to go online. Okay. I might be just some moron so I checked internet for solutions. None worked for my PS3. Then I get some friends over who have studied network stuff. No solution was found. Then I call my internet provider for my PPoE settings: "We're sorry sir but we don't have those settings here."
(PS3 says I should call my provider for those settings!)

What to freakin' do now? I know this isn't the thread it's supposed to be in but....I'm so frustrated, I want to enjoy the magic of PSN too!
 
Presumably your online with a PC ? in order to be posting here.

Buy a cheap USB wireless dongle for the PC, and use Internet connection sharing in windows to share the wired connection.

Connect the PS3 to the wireless ?
 
Presumably your online with a PC ? in order to be posting here.

Buy a cheap USB wireless dongle for the PC, and use Internet connection sharing in windows to share the wired connection.

Connect the PS3 to the wireless ?

Woah....that's actually....quite freaking brilliant, thanks mate!
 
Back