upgrade question

  • Thread starter Thread starter cygnus_zero
  • 19 comments
  • 1,265 views
Messages
549
Messages
CygnusZero
This game is seriously pissing me off. I bought a pair of dirt tires and installed them, where the hell do I go to switch them back?

Whoever designed this UI needs to be washing dishes somewhere instead. Worst menu system ever.
 
Garage, select your car, then go to Tuning.... in there you can switch out your tires.... Pretty simple.
 
No thats not right. I go in there, in the tires section, I can see I own hard and dirt tires, but of course there is no option anywhere to actually switch them. When I click on them all it does is give me a description.
 
This game is seriously pissing me off. I bought a pair of dirt tires and installed them, where the hell do I go to switch them back?

Whoever designed this UI needs to be washing dishes somewhere instead. Worst menu system ever.


Everything is in its place. Just look around and you´ll find what you´re a looking for.Or you can ask here in the forum, in a polite and calm way. No need to damn all pd developers because of one simple thing. 👍
 
Everything is in its place. Just look around and you´ll find what you´re a looking for.Or you can ask here in the forum, in a polite and calm way. No need to damn all pd developers because of one simple thing. 👍

Yeah ive been messing with this for 3 hours. Clicking on every option in every mode in this game. There is no place to just switch things out without spending money, which doesnt make sense to me. This needs to be patched. Im pretty sure in real life if I buy a spoiler, I can kinda switch it whenever I want, I dont have to keep buying the spoiler every time I want to put it back on.
 
You dont have to, just go to Tuning before you enter a race... you can change all the stuff you already own for a certain car.
 
You dont have to, just go to Tuning before you enter a race... you can change all the stuff you already own for a certain car.

Lol someone actually decided to help, thanks man.

So, this can only be done before a race? That seems silly doesn't it?
 
You dont have to, just go to Tuning before you enter a race... you can change all the stuff you already own for a certain car.

I just checked it, that's actually just for the tires, you cant change aero parts there, which makes me think that you cannot in fact change aero parts out without buying the part every single time. That's the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.

This is supposed to be a sim. If I go buy a spoiler for my real car right now, and take it off, Im pretty sure I dont have to buy that spoiler again if I want to put it back on.
 
I think I found something:

I have a miata with
-default comfort soft tyres
-and afterwards I bought dirttyres for it

When I to to practice mode and select a normal road track the game only let me choose the default comfort soft tyres.
And when I select a rally/dirt track the game only let me use my dirttyres.

-So you couldn't use the tyres you like... :(
 
I think I found something:

I have a miata with
-default comfort soft tyres
-and afterwards I bought dirttyres for it

When I to to practice mode and select a normal road track the game only let me choose the default comfort soft tyres.
And when I select a rally/dirt track the game only let me use my dirttyres.

-So you couldn't use the tyres you like... :(

Yeah I just noticed that. I went into a regular race and it wont let me put the dirt tires on it. I dont even care about that, I just wish I didnt have to rebuy my own parts whenever I want to switch them. Its hard for me to believe someone at PD actually thought this was a good idea.

Ive played a lot of racing sims in my life, ive yet to see one do this to you. It pretty much makes tuning a total chore and its not fun at all. In fact I dont want to tune at all in this game now, and its the one thing I like the most about racing sims, building cars, swapping parts out, testing them, swapping the parts out again, just playing around. They actually try to make you not want to do that in this game by forcing you to buy everything every time, and making you use 3 different menus to do it. Just awful, its amazing to me some GT fans will actually defend this, like there is some good reason why they chose to do it like this. It was a bad decision, simple as that.
 
Sry - but I didn't get the point...
If you select a normal track you only could use your road tyres.
The same on the other side with your dirt tyres on rallytracks.
(all ok up to here)
You say that you have to buy new tyres when you want to change them? Will the dirttyres will be deleted if you use them once?
Please help me to understand the problem.
 
Sry - but I didn't get the point...
If you select a normal track you only could use your road tyres.
The same on the other side with your dirt tyres on rallytracks.
(all ok up to here)
You say that you have to buy new tyres when you want to change them? Will the dirttyres will be deleted if you use them once?
Please help me to understand the problem.

No you dont have to buy the tires, once you own them you own them, which is what makes everything else so puzzling. I was talking about aero parts, those cannot be switched out at will without buying the part again.

If you spend 3,000cr for a spoiler and install it, to take it off you have to go back to GT Auto mode, pay 100cr to switch back to the standard one. But what's real funny is if you want to put that spoiler back on THAT YOU ALREADY BOUGHT, you need to buy it again. I cant help but laugh every time I think about that. This game is a tuners nightmare, because its fun for us to swap parts out, do some test runs, check the lap times, swap some more parts, do it again, but this game actually seems to not want you to do that by charging you FULL PRICE for these parts every time you want to put them back on. Basically if you love tuning and testing cars, this is probably the last sim in the world you should consider buying.

Im convinced Kaz is just out of his mind with some of the worst ideas ive ever seen in any racing sim, ever.
 
Ok I've got your point now!
I agree that circumstance is really bad!
 
If you spend 3,000cr for a spoiler and install it, to take it off you have to go back to GT Auto mode, pay 100cr to switch back to the standard one. But what's real funny is if you want to put that spoiler back on THAT YOU ALREADY BOUGHT, you need to buy it again. I cant help but laugh every time I think about that. This game is a tuners nightmare, because its fun for us to swap parts out, do some test runs, check the lap times, swap some more parts, do it again, but this game actually seems to not want you to do that by charging you FULL PRICE for these parts every time you want to put them back on. Basically if you love tuning and testing cars, this is probably the last sim in the world you should consider buying.

Wow, I haven't started tuning to much yet, but if that's how it works then it MUST be fixed! That sounds really stupid!
 
Ok I've got your point now!
I agree that circumstance is really bad!

The game itself is fine, the racing is fun, but the tuning/upgrading aspect of it is a joke. Not only is it very limited and even punishing to you, but you actually need to use 5 different menu's to accomplish what you're trying to do.

I went to a school called Full Sail University in Florida where I took some courses on UI design, and im a designer for a living now. I specifically remember the very first day they told us, do not make the user go to more than 1 place to do tasks that are related to each other. There's 5 places in this game. The garage, the tuning screen, tuning shop, pre-race menu, gt auto. Who the F came up with that??????

There should be 1 place called tuning, in there you can buy parts, tweak sliders, swap things you already own out at will for free, or at LEAST for a very cheap price. This is exactly how it is in forza 3 and its glorious. It so streamlined and usable, here it's just a train wreck. Basically like they must have had like 5 different UI designers, all with different ideas of how it should be done, all of which made it into the final game. LOLLLLLLL
 
Wow, I haven't started tuning to much yet, but if that's how it works then it MUST be fixed! That sounds really stupid!

Yeah have fun. Sorry im venting, Im just very annoyed and disappointed in how this is built. It's so bad, I cant even get used to it because I refuse to spend 100,000cr just switching parts on and off to do some test runs. There is no way for me to just feel like thats ok to live with. It feels like the game is broken and is actually trying to get me to not want to tune, which I really enjoy doing.
 
I'm 100% sure they will patch this. It ruins tuning, but should be very easy to fix.
 
This all seems like common sense to me. The best place to choose your tyres is before a race, when you've seen which kind of track you're driving on. Hence, that's where you do it. The same goes for the rest of the setup really, adjusting all your values depending on how tight and technical the course is, or how many long straights it has... why would you tune your car at home?
 
And the wing thing, if I recall correctly though it has been a few years, was the same in GT4. You couldn't remove it at will and put it back without buying a new one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No you dont have to buy the tires, once you own them you own them, which is what makes everything else so puzzling. I was talking about aero parts, those cannot be switched out at will without buying the part again.

If you spend 3,000cr for a spoiler and install it, to take it off you have to go back to GT Auto mode, pay 100cr to switch back to the standard one. But what's real funny is if you want to put that spoiler back on THAT YOU ALREADY BOUGHT, you need to buy it again. I cant help but laugh every time I think about that. This game is a tuners nightmare, because its fun for us to swap parts out, do some test runs, check the lap times, swap some more parts, do it again, but this game actually seems to not want you to do that by charging you FULL PRICE for these parts every time you want to put them back on. Basically if you love tuning and testing cars, this is probably the last sim in the world you should consider buying.

Im convinced Kaz is just out of his mind with some of the worst ideas ive ever seen in any racing sim, ever.

Now i´ve got it. Really really... annoying.

PATCH!!!!
 
Back