US version on February 19th?

• Thread starter gee 3
  • 47 comments
To get back on topic, SCEA has released a page that officially shows "Spring 2008" to the public. Now it is up to SCEE to refine their info.

Cheers,

MasterGT

this waiting game is getting to me, i may not be able to resist the japenese version for much longer! every day i come to this great forum and read about gt5p and watch the vids. i cannot wait to get online and race with you guys, every time i click on the forum im desperate to see a uk release date! :crazy:

back to gthd and gt4 for me now!

this waiting game is getting to me, i may not be able to resist the japenese version for much longer! every day i come to this great forum and read about gt5p and watch the vids. i cannot wait to get online and race with you guys, every time i click on the forum im desperate to see a uk release date! :crazy:

back to gthd and gt4 for me now!

Try not to be in such a hurry. Hopefully guys like you and me will get the better end of the deal. The online is pretty archaic right now, with no option to set up your own room and send out invites to friends and no voice chat, you can't even save you onlinr race replays. I have had some of the best racing experiences in the last 2 days with a new group of racers I found in FM2. There was no lag, if we bumped a bit we could apologize or tell the other racer what happened, since we have voice chat, I even got to save the super close races to replays. I know GT5p is a beautiful game and want to play badly, but if I have to get online and race a bunch of goofs, with no option of setting up my own room or voice chatting during the race I probably won't race online with it much.

Very similar to what happened with COD4 on my PS3. I wanted to play online, I did, no lag pretty fun, until I realised I had to quit the game and go back to XMB and manually input someones name to get them on my friends list. $500, PS3.....$2.50 for pad of paper and pencil to write friends names down. I really hope the full GT5 is not this many years behind, by then maybe the PSN will be a lot better and more intuitive.

Very similar to what happened with COD4 on my PS3. I wanted to play online, I did, no lag pretty fun, until I realised I had to quit the game and go back to XMB and manually input someones name to get them on my friends list. $500, PS3.....$2.50 for pad of paper and pencil to write friends names down. I really hope the full GT5 is not this many years behind, by then maybe the PSN will be a lot better and more intuitive.

I know some people complain that you have to pay for an online account with xbox and that online should be free like it is on PSN, but maybe this is why XBL is better, they actually dedicate funding to make it so that you can have an enjoyable online experience, if PSN can get it up to par and still offer it for free, more power to them.

I completely agree. That would be great. I think the main reason PSN isn't is because Sony dosn't have experience in online yet. I know it will get better and I hope PD is a part of it. I asked the local gamestop when GT5P was coming out, he said the 19 od Feb., but not a hard date, it could change.

i bet you it will be worth waiting. i know there wont be server rooms in GT5P but they better have them in full release of gt5

In the European PSN shop there is a new downloadable free clip of GT5P, is this a signal that it is coming out very soon and this is them starting to advertise. Also if they didnt release this in the American store does this mean that it'll be released here in europe before America?

It would be nice if there were 23 new ones, but I doubt it will have that many more. It would be awesome if they added at least one real race car.

Ive come up with two theories.
1. Somebody did a massive screw-up on the press release.

2. Remember the two Super GT cars we saw....the Xanavi Nismo Z and the Bandai Dunlop SC. What if the finally put them in the game. And if those two are in the game theyre going to need a full field to compete in. Super GT field anybody. Just a thought. Best reasoning I could come up with. What do you think? I don't want to believe they've just bagged the Xanavi Z that was borderline the halo car for Prologue.

Latest Posts

Back