US version on February 19th?

• Thread starter gee 3
  • 47 comments
Gee3-Qc
As per the IGN, the new release date for the US version is Feb. 19th.

I guess that some people will be happy to hear that :)

its been out like that for a quiet while, altho could be true, but i dont trust in IGN much :P

They got that date from Amazon. I noticed it a week or so before Prologue hit Japan.

Yesterday it was announced in the gran-turismo.com Press Room, officially, "Spring 2008" will be the time frame.

What is IGN citing as their source?

I believe there may be some unique content in the regional versions - so I think I'll just solve the problem of "waiting" and buy a copy of every verison they release hehe - should make fo rsome nice coffee table BD's.

They got that date from Amazon. I noticed it a week or so before Prologue hit Japan.

Yesterday it was announced in the gran-turismo.com Press Room, officially, "Spring 2008" will be the time frame.

What is IGN citing as their source?

in spring... ? so dont tell me we have to wait 2 more months :(

i thought the creator said after the hollidays.. like jan-fab... :( wahh

in spring... ? so dont tell me we have to wait 2 more months :(

i thought the creator said after the hollidays.. like jan-fab... :( wahh

"Spring" is a very broad window. Starts in March and goes until June 21st (as I've been corrected ;) ). So, yeah, it pretty much sucks!

Look at it this way, Sony will know how many of us really want to play Prologue badly. I'm sure they can track what PS3s are from where. They need to make money back up. Stringing along the worldwide release could give us incentive to buy the import.

It worked for me. I ordered it today from EGAMESTAR on eBay, aka JapanVideoGames.com.

When the US version comes here, I'll get that one too. Having the Japanese version in the collection will be nice to have.

C'mon guys... when does Gran Turismo series ever releases on time...? never!
so get use to it. i've had to play the waiting game since Gran turismo 1.
so now i got the JPN prologue to satisfy my racing thirst.
peace

C'mon guys... when does Gran Turismo series ever releases on time...? never!
so get use to it. i've had to play the waiting game since Gran turismo 1.
so now i got the JPN prologue to satisfy my racing thirst.
peace

that is true im still waiting for my copy of GT1 :scared:

haha ;)

I've got the Japanese version now, do you all know if we can move our saved data over or will we have to start all over again? (Not that it would be bad...)

~John

March 2008

You also forgot:
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008

There has NOT been any SPECIFIC DATE information released by SCEA. Any mention of a specific date is SPECULATION and wishful thinking. SCEA has stated "Spring 2008", not March.

Now that you too know the truth, you can correct the misinformed.

You also forgot:
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008

There has NOT been any SPECIFIC DATE information released by SCEA. Any mention of a specific date is SPECULATION and wishful thinking. SCEA has stated "Spring 2008", not March.

Now that you too know the truth, you can correct the misinformed.

Especially the so called "release dates" "suggested" by retailers.

One thing find amusing about these 'foreign' versions (SCEE, SCEA) is they always quote different and higher car numbers, that SCEE website lists over 40 cars, SCEA playstation blog talks abou the Japanese release of GT5P and quotes over 50 cars.......... When are we getting these cars!?

One thing find amusing about these 'foreign' versions (SCEE, SCEA) is they always quote different and higher car numbers, that SCEE website lists over 40 cars, SCEA playstation blog talks abou the Japanese release of GT5P and quotes over 50 cars.......... When are we getting these cars!?

Such as the 3G Vette, which is shown in promos and was fully functional at SEMA.

I hope the US and PAL version get the same extra cars, otherwise I will have to import the US GT5P aswell :lol:

If it can hold a solid 50fps then I don't mind, my biggest gripe is slowdowns, even if they are brief.

I think it's a no brainer that Polyphony is getting DLC goodies ready for download, perhaps cars and more tracks both. Besides the rebuilt Vette, there's the Xanavi race car we have yet to see. And one thing about the late arrival of Prologue to our shores, we should have all this content included on the disc. So, be happy about that. The more we wait, the more we'll get. ;)

I think it's a no brainer that Polyphony is getting DLC goodies ready for download, perhaps cars and more tracks both.

Hope so, but I hope they don't too many more of the popular cars, I want to hold off driving them until the full GT5 comes.

If the "spilling of the beans" from Top Gear is remotely true, we will see in the neighborhood of 900 cars.

Yeah, I know, the UK Playstation site says March. If they are sticking their neck out like that, then why not post an exact date? Why would SCEA not be jumping on that March bandwagon too? Is there any sort of official press release that states March for the UK?

Game Details:
Developer: Polyphony Digital Entertainment
Publisher: SCEE
Genre: Racing
Format: PLAYSTATION 3
Release date: March 2008
Players: 1 - 16
Network play: Network features
Media type: Blu-ray
HD resolution: 1080p

"Players: 1 - 16"
WOW, 16 players on one screen!!! Eeew, wait a minute, those are going to be some mighty small screens. On a 60" widescreen set, if you split it by 4 for RFoM, each screen is 32" (16:9). So, if they let us divide that up even more, up to 16, that would make each screen 16"? On top of that it is only going to be "1080p"? So, what those of us that don't have 1080p can't play it? It appears that way to me.

Their words, not mine...

Will the US version work on a UK machine online like the JPN ones does? Also, how does the online feature work? Will it search for servers with UK players if using a UK version and USA servers if using a US version?

if it is true. that US version will come out not in few week period. but in few months.. i am going to go mad :scared::nervous::indiff::mad::banghead::mischievous:🤬 (mentally unstable)

well :guilty:
i just ganna wait it out, and play some PC sim racers

if it is true. that US version will come out not in few week period. but in few months.. i am going to go mad :scared::nervous::indiff::mad::banghead::mischievous:🤬 (mentally unstable)

well :guilty:
i just ganna wait it out, and play some PC sim racers

This is why I have been warning you not to count on it coming anytime soon after the holidays like you were expecting.

Back