Used cars dealership in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Nigrick
  • 1,668 comments
It would depend if PD are doing this again:
View attachment 960753 View attachment 960754 View attachment 960755
View attachment 960756

If there is no extreme battle damage, restoring a car from the current GT Sport: scratched paint, broken headlights/taillights, scratched wheels, should be doable.
gran-turismo-5-intro-1.jpg

They can do this damage model instead, like a mobile game made in Unity lmao.

What I think will be interesting, is what sort of cars will be in the used dealership? In GT4, it featured many variants of certain vehicles, sometimes with minimal differences beyond market (e.g. US/EU), and sometimes even having less-desirable variants of cars. Meanwhile, in GT5, it was basically a dumping ground for the standard models, and I don't recall it being in GT6. But that said, I think at the same time, a lot of interesting older models were exclusive to the used dealership in GT4, so I think this trend should continue in GT7.

I believe like all previous iterations, the used car dealership in GT7 will rotate its stock from time to time. Given that it's highly improbable that GT7 will feature anything even resembling a standard car, I bet that there won't be so many potential used cars insofar that the used car dealership will need to be split up into sub-groups, as it was in GT4. I also believe a more limited number of cars will be available at the same time - I'd argue you could only see thirty at a time in GT5 because of how the UCD was a dumping ground for standard models, of which there were literal hundreds. And also like previous iterations, I believe the cars found in the UCD will be exclusive to it, and you won't be able to find them at the dealership.

I also would not mind it at all if certain cars with special liveries were exclusive to the UCD; in lieu of the four black cars from GT4, perhaps this could be where you find the cars with the "chrome line" and "stealth" liveries from GT5, alongside the cars from GT6 that donned the 15th anniversary livery.

At any rate, I definitely look forward to likely buying my first car in GT7 within the UCD, even if we're given one from the get-go like in GT6 and GT Sport. If that's the case, then depending on what models are available with the starting credits, and which model might be given to us to start, I might leave one stock and modify the other, and essentially refurbish the used car I buy either way, at least changing its oil and restoring rigidity. (That is, if those are factors in GT7's used cars.)

I could definitely see a combination of common and rare cars being available via the UCD, but I really do wonder how large the selection will be in both the UCD and the dealerships. I can only assume there are enough cars in the game that it warrants this "split" between the dealerships and the UCD. That could bode well for those wishing for a notably larger car list.

Last edited:
If this is feature is supposed to separate old cars from the newer ones, then I’m not sure how I feel about it. However, if all cars can be bought either new at all times or used at random, then I’m all for it.

What I don't understand many have come to the conclusion of Used car dealership being different to all other titles specifically GT4?

We don't know the car list yet to even speculate apart from what GT Sport has.

I'm dying with curiosity too see what it will be like, personally enjoyed grinding for cars to appear in the UCD like GT5 which many don't.

What I think will be interesting, is what sort of cars will be in the used dealership? In GT4, it featured many variants of certain vehicles, sometimes with minimal differences beyond market (e.g. US/EU), and sometimes even having less-desirable variants of cars. Meanwhile, in GT5, it was basically a dumping ground for the standard models, and I don't recall it being in GT6. But that said, I think at the same time, a lot of interesting older models were exclusive to the used dealership in GT4, so I think this trend should continue in GT7.

I believe like all previous iterations, the used car dealership in GT7 will rotate its stock from time to time. Given that it's highly improbable that GT7 will feature anything even resembling a standard car, I bet that there won't be so many potential used cars insofar that the used car dealership will need to be split up into sub-groups, as it was in GT4. I also believe a more limited number of cars will be available at the same time - I'd argue you could only see thirty at a time in GT5 because of how the UCD was a dumping ground for standard models, of which there were literal hundreds. And also like previous iterations, I believe the cars found in the UCD will be exclusive to it, and you won't be able to find them at the dealership.

I also would not mind it at all if certain cars with special liveries were exclusive to the UCD; in lieu of the four black cars from GT4, perhaps this could be where you find the cars with the "chrome line" and "stealth" liveries from GT5, alongside the cars from GT6 that donned the 15th anniversary livery.

At any rate, I definitely look forward to likely buying my first car in GT7 within the UCD, even if we're given one from the get-go like in GT6 and GT Sport. If that's the case, then depending on what models are available with the starting credits, and which model might be given to us to start, I might leave one stock and modify the other, and essentially refurbish the used car I buy either way, at least changing its oil and restoring rigidity. (That is, if those are factors in GT7's used cars.)

I could definitely see a combination of common and rare cars being available via the UCD, but I really do wonder how large the selection will be in both the UCD and the dealerships. I can only assume there are enough cars in the game that it warrants this "split" between the dealerships and the UCD. That could bode well for those wishing for a notably larger car list.

I definitely think there will be a more limited number as well, even with outsourcing the level of detail is so exponentially higher than in GT4 I think it's nearly impossible to have those numbers.

I really hope the cars will be exclusive to the UCD as well. IMO one of the greatest gameplay mechanics of GT4 was the element of "surprise" that gave incentive to periodically check the UCD.. (As well as complete race series for possible secret prize cars.)

Yeah the UCD is the best indication we have so far of a more extensive car list, so I again really hoping that is the case and that it's not just tacked on.

[Side note on the aspect of grinding, if you're checking in on the UCD with the priority to expect a specific car that's where you start to have a bad time. If you take a more laid back approach and just check it out of curiosity from time to time it's a lot more fun. This is subjective but I interpret the classic GT games intention as one to show the player new cars and new solutions they may not have expected. You can literally complete 90% (maybe all) of the game without ever even buying a car at all. Don't rush it and the game is a lot more enjoyable.]

How about auctions? BIDDING? The used car dealer can be a marketplace like eBay, where you can buy something instantly or bid in an auction. Used cars do get auctioned off, so it would be fun to see in GT7. However I don't know if this would work offline. I suppose you can "fake" it and have an artificial bidder partaking in the auction, and the person that wins the car may show up in an event...

How about auctions? BIDDING? The used car dealer can be a marketplace like eBay, where you can buy something instantly or bid in an auction. Used cars do get auctioned off, so it would be fun to see in GT7. However I don't know if this would work offline. I suppose you can "fake" it and have an artificial bidder partaking in the auction, and the person that wins the car may show up in an event...

Ugh, the auctions in Forza are awful though.

I definitely think there will be a more limited number as well, even with outsourcing the level of detail is so exponentially higher than in GT4 I think it's nearly impossible to have those numbers.

I really hope the cars will be exclusive to the UCD as well. IMO one of the greatest gameplay mechanics of GT4 was the element of "surprise" that gave incentive to periodically check the UCD.. (As well as complete race series for possible secret prize cars.)

Yeah the UCD is the best indication we have so far of a more extensive car list, so I again really hoping that is the case and that it's not just tacked on.

[Side note on the aspect of grinding, if you're checking in on the UCD with the priority to expect a specific car that's where you start to have a bad time. If you take a more laid back approach and just check it out of curiosity from time to time it's a lot more fun. This is subjective but I interpret the classic GT games intention as one to show the player new cars and new solutions they may not have expected. You can literally complete 90% (maybe all) of the game without ever even buying a car at all. Don't rush it and the game is a lot more enjoyable.]

I recall reading that every past iteration of the UCD had has entirely exclusive cars. I would also think that some older cars might be reserved for the dealerships, though, especially ones you might more likely find in a museum in real life. Stuff like the SEMA/Pebble Beach/Tokyo Auto Salon winners, the older race cars, or classic cars where a limited number was made, like the Nissan Skyline GT-R C110 or the BMW 507. I can only hope it won't be terribly frustrating to find what you'd want, whether it's a cheap car one can use as a starter car or for extensive modifications, or a special exclusive older model, like if the aforementioned C110 was only found there and not in the dealerships.

I recall reading that every past iteration of the UCD had has entirely exclusive cars. I would also think that some older cars might be reserved for the dealerships, though, especially ones you might more likely find in a museum in real life. Stuff like the SEMA/Pebble Beach/Tokyo Auto Salon winners, the older race cars, or classic cars where a limited number was made, like the Nissan Skyline GT-R C110 or the BMW 507. I can only hope it won't be terribly frustrating to find what you'd want, whether it's a cheap car one can use as a starter car or for extensive modifications, or a special exclusive older model, like if the aforementioned C110 was only found there and not in the dealerships.
Some classics should be prize cars, some used and the rarer none prize models should be purchaseable in the special garage or whatever they call it in GT7. That is my opinion anyway, and assumes that the garages will work in that kind of format in GT7 as they did in some of the past GT games. Of course they didn't all follow that format the same in every game.

When I look pack at the Premium cars in GT6, we got the Honda Fit RS '10(I think it was everyone's first car), Mazda Demio Sport '10 and Toyota Vitz F '12. I think if most cars are only getting a new(ish)/current car, one past model is pretty much all that's needed to fill a UCD.

Not counting any discontinued models for new cars, obviously, it still gives players many choices for used cars.

Example:

- Toyota 86 '16/AE86 Sprinter '85
- Shelby Mustang GT500/Shelby GT350
- Ford GT '17/Ford GT40 '66 or Ford GT '06
- ND Mazda MX-5 '15/NA Mazda Eunos '89
- Nissan GT-R '17/ R32Nissan Skyline GT-R'89 or '94(V-Spec II)

Last edited:
1 - All GT Sport cars would appear on GT7;
2 - Only 1980-2010 models would take part in the UCD;
3 - Those very exotic/expensive/rare/exclusive cars would be excluded, even if it's between '80 and '10;
4 - No race cars, obviously.

As I stated months ago, this is still my theory for the used car dealer lineup. If this Fiat Coupé rumor is true, we'll definitely see a huge increase on the 1980-2010 car count for GT7 in my opinion.

There are used race cars in past GTs. That's where the Lexus IS200 GT-1, DTM cars and the stealth GroupC/GT1/Prototype cars, among others, are found.

I still think the best solution for race cars and old rare road cars are auctions, to mimic real life. Not against other players though like Forza, program AI to bid against you. Some you'll win, some you'll lose.

I still think the best solution for race cars and old rare road cars are auctions, to mimic real life. Not against other players though like Forza, program AI to bid against you. Some you'll win, some you'll lose.
Maybe not for current-model race cars, since (I think) race teams buy cars directly from customer racing department (or race car classifieds like RaceCarsDirect, for older ones). Also that's way too much burdening on the players.

Last edited:
Maybe not for current-model race cars, since (I think) race teams buy cars directly from customer racing department (or race car classifieds like RaceCarsDirect, for older ones). Also that's way too much burdening on the players.

Yeah I guess it just depends how realistic they want things to be. As we know it's already unrealistic that you can buy old cars brand new.

There just needs to be a reliable way to buy older cars without them having to be sold as "new". We don't want the GT5 situation where certain cars appear in the UCD once in a blue moon.

Last edited:
You'd then need PD modelling what are effectively dupes which would just be horrific
I'd actually think it as a category for a car, I'm gonna go as an example with the GTR R34, when you select it, it tells you which model do you want to buy/select, V-Spec I-II, Nür, etc. It's like tiding up a room, you give something its own place, you don't wanna go with duplicated cars as an individual car, but merge them into a single car model with variations.

It'll probably also depend when PD started developing this game and when the game comes out. 2017-2021 models would be new.

SOme of those 2015-2016 models are borderline. If say no brand has anything newer than 2015, they could fall under the UCD. However, I wonder if Manufacturers have a say.

Take Daihatsu and TVR. They've got new models, but if PD keep those as they are in GT SPort, maybe the manufacturer would request they be available as new cars. I don't know how the licencing agreement works. Just a thought about how it may not be clear cut, what is new and what is used, as it's been in the past.

Last edited:
I'd actually think it as a category for a car, I'm gonna go as an example with the GTR R34, when you select it, it tells you which model do you want to buy/select, V-Spec I-II, Nür, etc. It's like tiding up a room, you give something its own place, you don't wanna go with duplicated cars as an individual car, but merge them into a single car model with variations.

The issue is the same, it would still be PD spending time and resources modelling different trims when they could be modelling a new car.

The issue is the same, it would still be PD spending time and resources modelling different trims when they could be modelling a new car.
Undeniable, but I only gave an idea on what they can do if in the future Polyphony includes more duplicated cars.

Hey, let’s talk about used car dealership. This feature intriguing me the most. I don’t think it would be anything like previous GT games. It could be something like auction house in forza where you buy someone else car, but maybe the twist is that the car is locked, and you can’t change paint job or tune it. What do you think?

I have this idea where you have the option to actually walk around a virtual car lot instead of scrolling through menus. Trade your other car in, negotiate with the salesman, etc.

Back