Usgp 2005

• Thread starter Blake
  • 503 comments
You know what I just thought...........F1 would never ever let this have happened at an event such as Monaco, knowing that it is highly important as all the 'high flyers' are there......they would have got things sorted to make sure a full race would go ahead.....

I start to get the impression that just because its america they dont seem to be that bothered to have gotten it sorted..............and that is totally wrong!

Famine
And what about Jordan and Minardi's telemetry. What would that tell them? Bigger picture, Aveiro. F1 isn't just made up of the top three teams.

This problem has arisen as a result of a lack of data. Indy is not a testing track. Michelin had no way of knowing that their tyres would literally go to pieces. And now you're saying that driving an F1 car around a track they get to visit once a year at "race pace" is "moronic", while refusing to condemn petty-minded thuggish idiots.

But on the upside at least you're not wasting your weekend trying to pick your way through obstacles planted in your path - which could easily cause your death - while just trying to do your job. An action you encouraged.
Your point is made, but only for four cars then.

It's just that, this isn't a real race; and it's going to be a big joke if they run too quickly or too slowly, so why not just take it slowly and live to fight another day?

askia47
i was expecting a good race too! then i see only 6 racers on the track! GT4 in reality is here!

:lol: Now I see why PD wants to put more cars on the track in there game! In real life 6 cars does seem really boring!

I hope they dont have a podum ceremony......because it would be in bad taste.....but on the otherhand it would be cool to see one jordan or minardi driver on the pole........

Aveiro-F1
If the Indy 500 raced the squarish oval then he'd have point...

They race on part of the Indy 500 track for the F1 race. The track was recently resurfaced and done poorly. They ended up grinding the track and it got better. Any data gotten fromt the Indy 500 race could be a real help for the Bridgestone teams. What could be better than free race data?

Aveiro-F1
Your point is made, but only for four cars then.

Or 66% of the field...

Aveiro-F1
It's just that, this isn't a real race; and it's going to be a big joke if they run too quickly or too slowly, so why not just take it slowly and live to fight another day?

Living or not wasn't an issue until bottles and beercans started landing on the circuit.

Robin 2223
You know what I just thought...........F1 would never ever let this have happened at an event such as Monaco, knowing that it is highly important as all the 'high flyers' are there......they would have got things sorted to make sure a full race would go ahead.....

I start to get the impression that just because its america they dont seem to be that bothered to have gotten it sorted..............and that is totally wrong!

This is a very good point!

The Bridgestones aren't looking too great either. I wonder what they would have looked like at a serious race pace.

Famine
And what about Jordan and Minardi's telemetry. What would that tell them? Bigger picture, Aveiro. F1 isn't just made up of the top three teams.

This problem has arisen as a result of a lack of data. Indy is not a testing track. Michelin had no way of knowing that their tyres would literally go to pieces. And now you're saying that driving an F1 car around a track they get to visit once a year at "race pace" is "moronic", while refusing to condemn petty-minded thuggish idiots.

But on the upside at least you're not wasting your weekend trying to pick your way through obstacles planted in your path - which could easily cause your death - while just trying to do your job. An action you encouraged.

I agree with famine. failure to utilize an opportunity would be a step towards regression. It makes no sense NOT to drive your hardest, even if you push only a few laps.

As for the fan situation...if debris is thrown out on the track, there is still that chance that they could hit on one of those laps. why create a chance for catastrophe?

That rear left tire on the Jordan looked terrible. That is a definite safety hazard! They should take that car off of the track.

VashTheStampede
The Bridgestones aren't looking too great either. I wonder what they would have looked like at a serious race pace.

If a bridgestone have a blowout that will make the situation ALOT worse!

They were just talking to the fans again......man they are angry.......2 months salary to save to go there......man that guy is annoyed!

Sureshot
Last ever race on American soil for F1. Say byebye lads.

Bernie could have made a difference.

The missiles will take care of that. I can't wait to hear what Rubens says when he gets out of the car. He'll almost certainly refuse to race there ever again.

Supposedly Minardi is only running because Jordan decided to go and they didn't want to lose points to them. Stoddart said they both were not supposed to take the start if the Michelin teams didn't.

It's incredibly stupid to throw anything on the track indeed. It's also dumb to let the race go on with 6 cars in it.

Famine
Or 66% of the field...

Living or not wasn't an issue until bottles and beercans started landing on the circuit.
Excuse me, but I'm going to talk and verbally abuse you like you have another person in this thread: BUT: ARE YOUG ****ING RETARDED?

Living was an issue the second Schumacher had the huge accident and forced Michelin to investigate this. Right then and there, LIVING became an issue in today's race.

I'll allow you to officially withdraw your half-witted statement though.

Sureshot

It would be a real shame if there was not to be another race on American soil. As that would set back my chances of going to a Grand Prix way back. 👎

Sureshot

no he couldn't...

the decision was entirely at the hands of the teams and michelin, not the FIA.

Lemme tell ya'...
Indy is one of the craziest places in the world when it's race day.

Now they have a bunch of freshly drunk, angry, mid-Westerners in the stands.
WE don't take to kindly to disappoinment 'round here!

I'm just glad the wind is blowing to the West today, so any fires or nuclear explosions at the track won't drift toward Dayton.

They better watch out...rednecks can be dangerous when cornered...or gipped.

Robin 2223
If a bridgestone have a blowout that will make the situation ALOT worse!

They were just talking to the fans again......man they are angry.......2 months salary to save to go there......man that guy is annoyed!

He should be annoyed. I would be absolutely devastated had I been able to go to the race. I mean it couldn't really get much worse than this for any of the people there.

Somebody at Michelin should have known there was going to be trouble with the oval track part of the track on tires way back at the first Indy 500 test where there was complaining about tires...

Downtown Indiana .........perpare for a huge angry mob comming your way! :lol:

Remeber they were talking about maybe have a Las Vegas GP............that could be reality!

The 2 ferrari's nearly took each other out!......just then!

DevilGTx
Lemme tell ya'...
Indy is one of the craziest places in the world when it's race day.

Now they have a bunch of freshly drunk, angry, mid-Westerners in the stands.
WE don't take to kindly to disappoinment 'round here!

I'm just glad the wind is blowing to the West today, so any fires or nuclear explosions at the track won't drift toward Dayton.

They better watch out...rednecks can be dangerous when cornered...or gipped.

:lol:

VashTheStampede
They race on part of the Indy 500 track for the F1 race. The track was recently resurfaced and done poorly. They ended up grinding the track and it got better. Any data gotten fromt the Indy 500 race could be a real help for the Bridgestone teams. What could be better than free race data?
In terms of the track's surface point taken, but there's a huge different between the last corner in F1 then to the first corner in Indy, so most of the feedback Bridgestone would've gotten from Firestone would've been completely unhelpful, unless referring to the track's layout on a straightway, which obviously wasn't an issue.

In f1 you're making the last turn at a totally different degree and speed then you would driving the reverse from Indy coming off the straight.

hahaha! ruebens went off.

wow, they could black flag schumi now. what a trip.

Back