Usgp 2005

• Thread starter Blake
  • 503 comments
VashTheStampede
It wouldn't surprise me at all if there is going to be no USGP next year. That would be a real shame because the only way F1 is ever going to do anything in the US is through exposure. Oh well . . . I guess we always have CRAPCAR . . . . . . . . . .

ya its very sad, as i cant stand oval racing and CART has become a joke. ALS and f1 is about all i have these days to quench my thirst for racing.

And that means it's just fine for some no-mark, no-brain "fans" to throw MISSILES in front of 200mph+ cars? Does it? Because that's what you've just said.

Unbelievable.

FatAssBR
SPLASH!

That´s what happened when Barrichello ran over one.

At 75mph.

Let me remind you - the Michelin runners retired due to serious safety issues. How safe do you think morons throwing missiles at 200mph cars is?

Any "fan" caught on video doing this should face criminal prosecution.

Maybe the FIA don't want to race at Indianapolis anymore. I heard there were talks about a new course in Las Vegas. Maybe this is one step to making that happen.

Conspiracies are fun!

:dunce:

They are talking to fans now on itv............they are all really pissed off! one guys come 9 hours to see this at a cost of $85 and one guys come from mexico! I should think so that they are angry!

westwood
ya its very sad, as i cant stand oval racing and CART has become a joke. ALS and f1 is about all i have these days to quench my thirst for racing.

ALMS and F1 is all I pretty much watch any more. Though I do like watching WRC, but I don't really catch a whole lot of its showing on TV.

And wow we get to watch a test session!

Famine
And that means it's just fine for some no-mark, no-brain "fans" to throw MISSILES in front of 200mph+ cars? Does it? Because that's what you've just said.

Unbelievable.
Considering there is only 6 cars in the race, it'd be more moronic for any of the drivers to be doing that pace to begin with...

Aveiro-F1
Considering there is only 6 cars in the race, it'd be more moronic for any of the drivers to be doing that pace to begin with...

Why?

They're doing their job. They're collecting telemetry on the car. They're being attacked by complete smacktards in the process.

Am I alone in seeing why throwing bottles in front of F1 cars is bad?

OMG What a disaster! Hopefully noone gets injured by this bottles etc.

It's a complete disaster! You can't stop the race. You can't put the race off ro the end of the F1 season.

I believe that this is the last race in Indy. There wasn't a good promotion at all and I don't think there will be next year.

Good bye Indy :(

Great track but without a F1-race in the future..

Famine
Why?

They're doing their job. They're collecting telemetry on the car. They're being attacked by complete smacktards in the process.

Not only that, but if they want to throw bottles at anyone, it shouldn't be at the people who are at least driving around the track!

Derek Daly just made a very good point about the Indy 500 cars being run on Firestone tires and how Bridgestone could have gained some information about that.

VashTheStampede
Derek Daly just made a very good point about the Indy 500 cars being run on Firestone tires and how Bridgestone could have gained some information about that.

Martin Brundle made the same point 15 minutes ago... :D

Famine
Why?

What I meant was there's no point in them racing the pace; I never implied that it was right to throw bottles at them.

Collecting telemetry... ok... um, that's why they have testing sessions. They're not gonna gain any knowledge they don't already have.

Yeah I could see it now Jean Todt at the end of the race in the press conference:
"Yes, well the telemetry for the first time we've been able to tell all season; would prove that we're much faster than Jordan and Minardi."

Honestly...

VashTheStampede
I totally agree with that point.

VashTheStampede

Yeah because they are partner companies......they will have more info on driving on banked circuits......

they shoulds have used some spare indy tires lying probably in a shed somewhere in the circuit! :lol:

Famine
Why?

No, many people see why throwing bottles is bad. Its not a hard thing to see. I would be extremely crushed had I been able to go to the race. It would be my first GP to be in attendance of and then to have this crap to happen would completely suck.

Famine
Martin Brundle made the same point 15 minutes ago... :D

This isn't the first time Derek Daly has brought up this point. He brought it up earlier in the weekend and is just now bringing it up again, since there isn't really much to talk about.

VIPFREAK
So how much did people waste today

TOO MUCH!!!

They are talking the the police there now about the fans getting angry.....they are saying that they have never seen such problems with fans at any other motor racing event......I can see why!

They are got more police on standby if things get ugly!

Was looking foreward to wacthing this race.....wasted my weekend pretty much!

VashTheStampede
If the Indy 500 raced the squarish oval then he'd have point...

Aveiro-F1
What I meant was there's no point in them racing the pace; I never implied that it was right to throw bottles at them.

Collecting telemetry... ok... um, that's why they have testing sessions. They're not gonna gain any knowledge they don't already have.

Yeah I could see it now Jean Todt at the end of the race in the press conference:
"Yes, well the telemetry for the first time we've been able to tell all season; would prove that we're much faster than Jordan and Minardi."

Honestly...

And what about Jordan and Minardi's telemetry. What would that tell them? Bigger picture, Aveiro. F1 isn't just made up of the top three teams.

This problem has arisen as a result of a lack of data. Indy is not a testing track. Michelin had no way of knowing that their tyres would literally go to pieces. And now you're saying that driving an F1 car around a track they get to visit once a year at "race pace" is "moronic", while refusing to condemn petty-minded thuggish idiots.

robin2223
Was looking foreward to wacthing this race.....wasted my weekend pretty much!

But on the upside at least you're not wasting your weekend trying to pick your way through obstacles planted in your path - which could easily cause your death - while just trying to do your job. An action you encouraged.

Back