V-Rally 4 (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One) - Release date September 2018

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 492 comments
What is it with big online publishers like Gamespot and IGN never reviewing these games? Both this and Dakar 18 dont have reviews.

What is it with big online publishers like Gamespot and IGN never reviewing these games? Both this and Dakar 18 dont have reviews.

Are you really interested in what they have to say? I stopped reading them years ago because they are so inaccurate. Full of love or hate depending on the developer's "clout".

I find the best reviews are from my peers here on GTP and other forums.

Are you really interested in what they have to say? I stopped reading them years ago because they are so inaccurate. Full of love or hate depending on the developer's "clout".

I find the best reviews are from my peers here on GTP and other forums.
I find its nice to have a visual guide really, as you can see a lot of a good in a short window by using a video review. There are a couple for Vrally but like 1 single review for Dakar.

Sometimes you also get a feel they played the game for a couple of hours or so.. Or didn't actually want to play it at all.

First dlc is out and boy are they REALLY taking the urine on this one....

Ford Gt 500 $9.49. Yeah nearly $10 for ONE CAR.

BigBen Interactive better be glad high profile gaming sites are not covering this, everyone in the comments section would be holding pitchforks! :eek:

I'd say that's not far from the truth. Regarding Dakar 18, usually we receive games a week or two before release to get the review done. In this case they sent the review copies out the day after release. This means its not a priority because by default it's old news and also it takes a few weeks to play the game and properly get into it.

TeamVVV is a good site for racers as well.

Thanks appreciate the support, the new site has been a lot of work to put together.

So I own the season pass on Xbox One, but the GT500 hasn’t shown up in-game and it still costs real money in the Microsoft Store.

Has anyone who purchased the pre-order ULTIMATE digital version of the game (that's supposed to include the Season Pass) on the Playstation Store and installed it able yet to have the said Ultimate version installed in their library or line up of games?
Reason for asking....I purchased the Pre-Order Ultimate version, installed and ever since it's only the Standard edition I see installed (the one with the red "V"). When I go to the Season Pass (which is supposed to be available for me to download and install at no further cost) it wants me to add it to the Cart to purchase it.

Has anyone who purchased the pre-order ULTIMATE digital version of the game (that's supposed to include the Season Pass) on the Playstation Store and installed it able yet to have the said Ultimate version installed in their library or line up of games?
Reason for asking....I purchased the Pre-Order Ultimate version, installed and ever since it's only the Standard edition I see installed (the one with the red "V"). When I go to the Season Pass (which is supposed to be available for me to download and install at no further cost) it wants me to add it to the Cart to purchase it.
Anyone? Anyone?.....

........Beuller?...Beuller?

After a month the sheen has kind of dulled for me when it comes to VR4, but it’s still somewhat enjoyable.

Career mode, team management, and sponsor contracts are still a complete mystery. Guess I should be concentrating on mastering a single discipline rather than trying them all. And there always seems to be a lack of cash to buy the cars needed apparently to win the tougher championships. And the AI seems to destroy you or gets destroyed. Still.

Also, doesn’t look as if they will ever fix the car customization and replay controls for wheel users.

Then there’s the car handling which kind of gets on my nerves in Rally mode, with the cars constantly swinging to and fro from oversteer to understeer, back and forth like a boat but only bobbing from side to side. I can’t seem to tune this out or adjust the controls to calm it down. This kills the enjoyment of this mode for me.

Tough to totally beat this game up since the stages and tracks are excellent.

I shall return to WRC7!

Email Sony asap. If your in the USA you MIGHT still have live chat we in the UK had it taken down (Which is BRILLIANT -_- )
I was able to live chat with a Playstation CSR some weeks back about the issue. They were able to confirm I had indeed purchased the Ultimate version, Pre-Order. They thought I wasn't seeing the Ultimate version installed including the Season Pass because perhaps it wasn't available yet and that when it was perhaps I would have seen it available to install etc.

Earlier this week I contacted V-Rally via their Facebook page on messenger to follow up once again with whoever I contacted previously. He found it strange I hadn't gotten the Ultimate version including Season Pass installed as yet as it should have been. He tried to help but in the end was unsuccessful. I'll contact Playstation CSR via live chat again tomorrow Saturday to try and resolve since ultimately the issue is on their end.

UPDATE: Contacted PS online chat again this morning and they seem to think the reason I'm not seeing the additional cars and whatnot available with the Ultimate version/Season Pass is because those items and cars have not been released yet by the developer.
As it stands the only additional car I have is the Ford Mustang I got from inception.

Last edited:
Ahhh I checked no word on the dlc, like release dates or anything. Kinda wounder if they have any idea what they are doing tbh.

Ahhh I checked no word on the dlc, like release dates or anything. Kinda wounder if they have any idea what they are doing tbh.
I'm wondering myself.

In the meantime I just bought Dirt Rally 4 on the PS Store yesterday. 75% Off the regular price til I think the 24th Oct. Steal of a deal at US$14.99. Did some playing on it this morning and it seems leaps and bounds better than V-Rally 4. Plus wholly compatible with my G29 wheel from start up of game etc. Don't have to power on the PS DS controller in order to click on Options to proceed and don't have to re-choose wheel every time like V-Rally which is quite foolish.

Figuring now I shouldn't have wasted my money on V-Rally 4 which up to now I don't have the Ultimate version and Season Pass which I purchased from inception.

Last edited:
I wonder ffb quality at the game. I dont like wrc 7 ffb. Could you please compare the ffb wrc7 or dirt rally?
I think its very similer to wrc 7 as its the same engine powering it. Heck even the options menu is exactly the same as wrc7

Thank you, could you please compare the lag or smoothness with wrc 7. According to me wrc 7's biggest problem is the game does not smooth specially comparing the dirt rally. ı can buy v-rally but ı want to sure about the smoothness.

Thank you, could you please compare the lag or smoothness with wrc 7. According to me wrc 7's biggest problem is the game does not smooth specially comparing the dirt rally. ı can buy v-rally but ı want to sure about the smoothness.

I wouldn't be able to provide an answer as I don't own WRC 7 (or a wheel), sorry.

Its about the same, sadly even on pc in Max it can struggle to keep a smooth frame-rate due to "Poor frame-pacing" Which adds a type of stutter.

Back