Valentino is a Legend again

• Thread starter mrjoe
  • 21 comments

mrjoe

(Banned)
Giovanni988
Stand up for Valentino Rossi for his 100th victory in the moto GP!

the Man made history... again

ValentinoRossi-burnout-dony.jpg

At which point did he stop being a legend?
Seriously impressive stuff.

Yup... he's never been anything BUT. Sure, he had a rough year or two when the bike was uncompetitive, but that didn't stop him being an amazing rider.

Presently Valentino Rossi is a Legend in motorsport, he drive everything it has an engine with incredible perfection, that is why he called "the doctor".

But in my opinion ragarding the past the best motogp driver of all times is Mike Doohan!

Mick Doohan admires Rossi full stop, that's why he wanted him with Honda in the first place all those years ago. 👍 And before Mick Doohan, we had Wayne Gardner who is still considered one of Australia's greatest riders aswell before going off to drive JGTC and V8 Supercars. Then add Troy Bayliss, Matt Mladin, Kevin McGee, Darryl Beattie.....all great names in motorbike racing.

Valentino is the best motobike rider ever, he has raced them all. The to'e 250's the wild 500's you name it he has been at the top!:D:tup:
He is a nice person as well which is one of the reasons why he has so many fans.
"It is all about the bike". :D:tup:
R*

Now we need a matchup with Ben Spies of SBK and Rossi in a race.
That would be a wild ride to watch to perfectionist riders racing each other.
Apparently the Stoner legacy never developed against Rossi and neither did Pedrosa either although they're competitive enough to keep Rossi on his toes.
Lorenzo is the closest competition for Rossi so far.
But congrats to THE MAN Rossi. His riding style is like none other and seems to win at will when he wants.

Now we need a matchup with Ben Spies of SBK and Rossi in a race.
That would be a wild ride to watch to perfectionist riders racing each other.
Apparently the Stoner legacy never developed against Rossi and neither did Pedrosa either although they're competitive enough to keep Rossi on his toes.
Lorenzo is the closest competition for Rossi so far.
But congrats to THE MAN Rossi. His riding style is like none other and seems to win at will when he wants.

Rossi would destroy Spies. It happens to most SBK riders who move to MotoGP and vice-versa.

Perhaps a little early in Pedrosa's career to write him off, considering the fact that he hasn't really been 100% fit for any of the races this year he's doing pretty well. He seems to be riding much more aggressively this year (probably why he is crashing quite frequently..)

Still, Rossi is clearly the best of the bunch, (and in my opinion, any previous bunch.) He has an uncanny knack of getting one over his main rivals at the vital moment, such as Jerez '05, Laguna '08 or Catalunya '09. That win-or-crash move at the last corner (WHAT A RACE!) has set the tone for the rest of the championship.

Rossi would destroy Spies. It happens to most SBK riders who move to MotoGP and vice-versa.
It would still be awesome to see if both riders were acquainted with their steeds and given the chance.
But I doubt that will ever happen so I guess i can't wish it to be so.
And Pedrosa is finally getting on his game with the win at Laguna Seca last week showing that he has the ability to give the Rossi a run for his money.
Btw, Laguna Seca is one of the only three tracks that he does not have a win on. Maybe next year. 👍

And what can you say about Yamaha. It's a brand new bike with 90 degree firing instead of the usual 180 for an inline 4 and Rossi is tearing up the circuit with it as well as Spies.
Ducati has been at the top but will soon take a fall to Yamaha this year.
With the SBK championship getting closer and Haga having issues with injury etc, Spies will hopefully make a good show for Yamaha by taking a Rookie championship and dethroning the almighty Duke.

Btw, Laguna Seca is one of the only three tracks that he does not have a win on. Maybe next year. 👍

Do you mean Spies or Rossi? Rossi won at Laguna last year, one of his best ever rides IMO.

I really need to get watching the Superbike, I've barely seen any this year. I always used to watch it more than MotoGP, because of Fogarty, Hodgson, Toseland etc.

I definitely need to get back into it though, I need Eurosport dammit!

I meant Rossi.
Hmm, guess he did win last year. Sorry about that.
Pedrosa won it this year.
Oh and Speed TV has all the races if you've got satellite TV.

Hmmm... In my opinion Spies doesn't compare to Haga... yet. Nori is a machine, he either podiums or crashes.

This is why Rossi is king: He's riding a bike that is under development as if it's fully developed

Hmmm... In my opinion Spies doesn't compare to Haga... yet. Nori is a machine, he either podiums or crashes.

This is why Rossi is king: He's riding a bike that is under development as if it's fully developed
So is Spies.
It's the 2009 Yamaha that he's riding and doing quite well with it.
Haga is on the Ducati which though also on development is the equal to Bens Yamaha.
That analogy really can't work in this situation.
And I've seen both ride and yes, while Haga is a machine, so is Spies but only more aggressive.
I've seen these two really get after it on the track and it's a fantastic show.

But back on Rossi, he's also having everyone else put their leg down before turning. lol
Seems this has been something that is a trademark of his and now everyone seems to be emulating this in hopes that there's something actually to doing it this way.
Some say it's to help with turn in and I say it's to create drag so he can late brake even more and not actually hit the brakes until last minute.
Great racing and watching Rossi do his thing.

So is Spies.
It's the 2009 Yamaha that he's riding and doing quite well with it.
Haga is on the Ducati which though also on development is the equal to Bens Yamaha.
That analogy really can't work in this situation.
And I've seen both ride and yes, while Haga is a machine, so is Spies but only more aggressive.
I've seen these two really get after it on the track and it's a fantastic show.

But back on Rossi, he's also having everyone else put their leg down before turning. lol
Seems this has been something that is a trademark of his and now everyone seems to be emulating this in hopes that there's something actually to doing it this way.
Some say it's to help with turn in and I say it's to create drag so he can late brake even more and not actually hit the brakes until last minute.
Great racing and watching Rossi do his thing.

I was aiming the 'under development thing' at MotoGP. Have you been watching Haga since back in the day? Fogarty days? This is why I can never write Haga off against a young, quick rider.

The leg thing is weight distribution to help with turn in. When Rossi gets it wrong (rarely) you can see how the bike plows on and goes wide without that extra force.

Valentino is just a magician... I don't know if there's anyone else on track who can extract more from his tires than Rossi.

Nice win for Pedrossa... he was right on the limit there... and he had a few scary wobbles mid-corner out of the bike... but he kept Rossi well at bay. I think if Rossi didn't get held up behind Casey Stoner (imagine... getting held up by Stoner! What the heck was wrong with that bike at SECA?), he would have had a good go at Pedrossa mid-race.

I'd missed the chance to watch that race at Laguna.
I'd seen the preliminary qualifying rounds but the actual race I missed.
Sometimes Speed Channel does not broadcast or I just missed the exact time it was aired.
Good to see Stoner in there giving battle to the legend Rossi though.

Actually, Stoner was a sort of moving chicane for the Yamahas at SECA... just couldn't get to terms with the set-up, got passed by both Yamahas and lost his podium. Put up a game fight, though...

Back